Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dont use whats posted on Laxpower as a definitive resource.. that information is either self reported by the player or club and possibly by the university.. I have had contact with coaches with zero recruits listed on laxpower for a particular Grad class whose recruiting class was finished for that year..

Still most D1 programs are not filled for 2017 OR 2016. There are still 2105s announcing and moving about. [/quote]

There is no absolute guide. Our 2017 is an Ivy commit "to the process" and the world won't see it until December of his senior year when he finally gets an admissions letter. It is all talk until that point, and talk is cheap. So technically right now in October 2014, the slate is blank for every Ivy program for 2015, 16, 17, 18...until December and then you have your 2015s set. A lot of this bantor is over "confidence letters" from coaches and possibly "comfort letters" from coaches or administrators essentially stating if you meet these grades and scores criteria we will support your application for admission.

In terms of the scholarship schools, I do subscribe that what you see showed out on IL, Ty Xanders, etc. is accurate. Judging from the mindset of club owners trying to list their club resume with commits list, and the outrageous level of insecurity and vanity of the average lacrosse daddy I plainly don't believe there are invisible ACC, Big 10, Patriot, etc. commits out there in any class. And even if club owners and lacrosse daddies had an urge to be discreet, the NCAA coaches would likely put out there via Ty Xanders or IL Preps or 3d or some other delivery mechanism. I think we all have it on good information now that part of the notoriety that Breschi, Petro and Starsia want is to flex muscle and grab theirs first and let the world no no touch he is mine. Maybe this year UMD and U Michigan join the freshman fall commits lunacy in a big way, and have started looking that way, but we are still talking about a small slice of the D1 pie of spots.

Lastly, you think Loyola and Cuse are loser programs? One won NCAA a couple years ago and the other has played in the last game a few times in recent years. Neither of those schools even look at 9th graders in a meaningful way, and look at the performance of their programs. If a 9th or 10th old reads stuff like all is lost, you can go look at D2 or D3 now that is a pretty horrible mindset to promote while they should be having some competitive fun and developing their game. Remember, any 2016 or 2017 has 2 or 3 years of HS lacrosse left and a total of 6-7 years left playing a kid's game. Don't ruin it for them by saying all the buses are full, especially if it is untrue. And it is untrue. Find something or someone else to bash with that nonsense of "I talk to coaches who have no public commits but are full" nonsense. No NCAA coach is going to speak that candidly to you in that manner unless he is simply tired of you calling and emailing like a crazy lacrosse dad of a kid they are not going to recruit, so this is the most effective way to get rid of you constantly trying to contact him. Did that ever occur to you?[/quote]

OK, I will differ to your expertise as I am certainly no expert, but I do speak from my personal experience. I sat across a desk from a coach who was actively recruiting my kid (who has committed, thanks) and was told that of the potential "lax scholarship positions" available for that grad year all offers have gone out and most have accepted. I did my due diligence prior to that face to face and could find not one public listing of any kid accepting a lax scholarship to that school. Again, there are always exceptions and spots may re-open for many reasons. [lacrosse], my own kid may not get the right SAT scores.. I was not trying to scare anyone way from their dream of playing D1. Someone asked a question and I gave a response based on my experience/opinion.. Aside from the [lacrosse] about whose club is better i figure that’s what these boards are about.