Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coaches get paid to attend these events by the event organizers to make the events appear legitimate and well attended. Some flunky with a wide brimmed hat, logo college shirt and a clip board. Paying ridiculous amount of money for kids to play 2018 / freshmen lacrosse under the guise of recruiting tournaments - really! How many 2018's / freshman are viable recruits at this point - scam!
We got the email too. This is a total scam. My oldest did this once all the way through the summer tournament and it was a very expensive complete waste of time. $80-$120 for a tryout? then the event is expensive, and yes there are a few college coaches there but less than at any baseline lacrosse tournament any of your kids will play in fall or summer for their club. Save your money for something else, this is a total hit and run money grab.

Yeah but not as bad as $75 for Jake Reed to review your clip to allow you to come to Nike and pay more $$$$. $75 for three minutes? No thanks, I wonder if they just collect waiting list names so they can charge them all $75 to "watch" your video.

I don't think hold backs are the norm in any scenario aside from a couple private high schools in DC. In general, if your kid's team loses, it is because they are not as good. Accept it as motivation to get better in the areas they were shown to to be weaken in and move on....