Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lol...dreamer ... you could take kids from 2 towns in LI i.e.: CSH/ MANHASSET OR WANTAGH/GC etc and smash any NE statewide combo team! UA does not represent LI or some of the states like Md . Because of conflicts, not interested in glory tourneys, and its July 4th weekend!! You have no idea how good the overall level of HS lax in LI, MD .. you should watch and learn. HS lax in MASS is an overall joke. I have seen it first hand! 3-4 teams that have a full team that can throw and catch! Hysterical

True. I'm thinking the ME folks need to go to the Georgia forum on Laxpower. They can join in with the Georgians on how awesome they both are, and they can argue as to which state has the best girls lax...The entire collective NE or Georgia. They can dream about which one could actually beat a mediocre MD or LI team.

So ... As a Mass Elite parent, I agree with just about everything that is being said by the MD/LI/NY folks. No question about it. The one thing where I happen to disagree, is your evaluation of our 2019 team. They are very strong and can compete with the "top" teams. Particularly if the bench is shortened to the top 14. And you all are correct, one age group does not make a club a top club. This age group at ME happens to have 2 of the very best kids in the country (maybe 2 of the top 5 at this age and yes i know many will argue w that). If you have seen them I think you will agree w at least the first part of the statement. As with all these top teams, that makes a big difference. The reason I still would place this group a 1/2 a notch below the YJs/M&Ds of the world is more because of experience. They have not had the opportunity over the years to week in and week out play other top teams. Talent wise they are there, but they r not game tested enough. I think they have proven they are above the tier of teams like STEPS (they have beaten them every time) and TLC. They have not proven they belong w the big girls, but I think could given more experience. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and best to everyone for a happy and healthy holiday season.