The backstory is same as many other coaches who find themselves at the end of their tenure with the inability to write the Hollywood ending. Unfortunately this ending included too many complaints year after year which the board just couldn't ignore. [/quote]

Complaints that the BoD couldn't ignore? The BoD was voted in to make decisions that are in the best interest of the district. Not bend to the whim of a few whining parents. It happened in Shoreham Wading River, Sayville and now SYO. Completely spineless.
[/quote]
The BoD made a decision that was in the best interest for the current and future student athletes. One that involved a popular resident and employee of the distinct, I'm sure no one involved took it lightly. [/quote]

High School sports should instill in a young adult the notion that life isn't fair, no one hands you ANYTHING, if you want something (starting on varsity for instance) you have to work harder than the next guy for that spot. Bottomline, varsity sports teaches kids about LIFE. I wanted to be the President of my firm. I scratched and clawed worked my tail off to get the job, it didn't happen...so I started my own firm and achieve the level of success I strove for. Its always natural selection, kids need to learn that as early as possible to be successful in life and varsity sports is a great environment to learn that. SWR, Sayville, SYO---lame. Coaches are too driven for success? We creating a generation of dependent children with no drive. [/quote]

Let's give this a rest, I don't have anything positive or negative about JC..
Is he fair.. sometimes.
Is he tough on the players...sometimes
Is he ________ ... sometimes.
That's coaching, the only comment I have is that when he told me that "it was out of anyone's control" when asked about a specific player.
Is the action of the board just, that is what we need to find out. They (the board) should at least provide some details as to why so that, we as parents know why this is happening and stop assuming that other parents on the team are at fault. SYO parents are great at blaming and isolating other parents and players without knowing the entire background. SYO parents should band together in support of their players, each other and the coach and demand of the board more specifics of why this happened and not ASSume!
As for JL, he is a politician, he will lean towards what is the majority so that he can continue to be re-elected. [/quote]

Just like SWR, Sayville, Manhasset, etc the BoD hides behind privacy laws. They can not be held accountable for their actions nor are they forced to explain their decisions. We've seen this happen over and over; vote in reasonable Board members, its the only answer.