Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know if there was a common theme to the complaints which led to the removal of the coaches at SWR, Sayville, Syosset and Manhasset? There have been many posts claiming that in each case a small number of parents complained. Was there conflict of interest with pay to play summer programs? Were the coaches abusing their power for personal profit? Was there bullying? Was there conduct unbecoming? Was it years of little complaints? Was there one major incident in each case that caused such problems?

It is hard to believe that a few disgruntled parents can have such an impact if there are no real problems.

High School Coaches do not always get it right when it comes to playing the best players. However, I can not believe that coaches have been fired because parents complain about playing time. . There has to be something more.

I agree with you about not getting fired because of playing time decisions, but what happens is the parents of the kids not getting playing time are the ones who find other things to complain about and while no one complaint will get a coach fired it is the culmination of the constant nagging that perhaps make the school district look to make a change. I doubt many coaches can stand up to the scrutiny of everything they say and do being reported on them.