Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA Underclass - so Manhasset has an early exit from the NYS playoffs yet has 5 kids on the UA underclass team. WM and CSH win the states and only 1 kid from each of those squads are on the UA underclass roster. With more than 20% of the roster occupied with players from a team that made an early exit, why would anybody not expect a similar result from the UA squad?

You really have to be joking with this post. Unreal. Just STOP with the hyped tradition power HS programs. Those are SCHOOL TEAMS practicing for weeks & weeks everyday!! This was an all star team, huge difference. Your post is ridiculous, seriously.

Right, so you would expect a high school team with 5 all stars to do much better than they did. You just proved his point for him. I think YOUR post is rediculous. You read posts on this thread all the time about certain high school teams that are stacked and people claiming they are the best team because of their great individual players. So now somebody points out that those players made UA over kids from other more successful teams and you don't think that's fair? Sorry buddy, can't have it both ways. Maybe some of those players are only great when they play club lacrosse with the other all stars.

Total disagree, BUDDY. But I'm sure you know much more than me about players, coaching, teams, top HS programs & lax in general. smile

Maybe I do or maybe I don't. It doesn't really matter in this case because it's just common sense. If a high school team has 5 kids on it that were chosen as better than everyone else then it should translate into wins and ultimately championships. Again we aren't talking 1or 2, it's 5. Half the kids on a field. If that doesn't translate then maybe there are other players out there who are better but haven't had the benefit of being connected to the right people or teams. Don't be so defensive. Just a discussion.

I wasn't being defensive at all until u came off with a tough guy disrespectful "buddy" tone.

QUESTION, do you know how MUCH those 5 MHS players played? Meaning, maybe a few of them didn't play much. Maybe injured or bad subbing etc.

Or are you just assuming they lived on the field at the SAME TIME?

Its an all star team. Stinks that your son wasn't picked (our son been there) but it happens sometimes.

With the exception of an injury, none of your points are valid. If these kids are good enough to make the LI UA team they would be on the field as much as possible. So far I haven't read one post on here that can explain how 16-18 kids who grew up playing on the same club team for the guy who ran the try outs all made the team over hundreds of very good lacrosse players from LI. Please don't tell me they are all still the best because I've seen them all play over the last several years. Some of them are and most are not. Where I come from "buddy" doesn't usually get someone that upset unless they know they're wrong or fighting a losing battle. Have a nice evening.