Originally Posted by Anonymous
Go back to ur red cup.....

Don't drag the players into this. The kids all played hard and are not involved in the selection process.

I'm sure ur kid is best on LI right? If so he should have many opportunities to play in high level events.... UA is one event... Get over it. How was Brine ? Did ur kid make that? Did he try out? Oh and by the way if u think the UA tryouts were unfair on LI u could have tried out for Jersey or upstate squads.... If ur kid is such a stud he would make it... No?

Don't worry, in a few short years you and ur son can belly up to the bar together and [lacrosse] about how unfair life is...

Enjoy!

Lets try and make this simple so you can grasp the concept. No one is questioning the kids who were picked and their talent level or their effort. Im sure they played hard and showed well, no one is debating that the team as it was picked wasnt talented or the kids didnt deserve to be there. Having said that I think everyone can agree that the tryout process was a complete and utter farce, to call it anything different is just being blind or dishonest. If the team was predetermined as it clearly was, why have tryouts at all? The obvious answer is that it was a straight money grab. Compounding the issue was the results of the tournament in which the LI team clearly underachieved and made another early exit. I wasnt there but I have seen posts on here alluding to the fact that one of the dads was coaching the team? Is this accurate? Additionally the fact that a large majority of the kids selected were from one club and the evaluators were from that same club, makes it just that more rotten. Finally to your point about trying out for a different region, the rules clearly state you have to try out for the region you live in. Furthermore why should a kid have to drive to NJ or Upstate when he lives on LI and should have a fair shot at the LI tryout? I agree with you that the kids should not be blamed here but if you cant see why people are angry with this process, you clearly dont get it and it has nothing to do with red cups, just plain common sense.