Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA Underclass - so Manhasset has an early exit from the NYS playoffs yet has 5 kids on the UA underclass team. WM and CSH win the states and only 1 kid from each of those squads are on the UA underclass roster. With more than 20% of the roster occupied with players from a team that made an early exit, why would anybody not expect a similar result from the UA squad?

You really have to be joking with this post. Unreal. Just STOP with the hyped tradition power HS programs. Those are SCHOOL TEAMS practicing for weeks & weeks everyday!! This was an all star team, huge difference. Your post is ridiculous, seriously.

Right, so you would expect a high school team with 5 all stars to do much better than they did. You just proved his point for him. I think YOUR post is rediculous. You read posts on this thread all the time about certain high school teams that are stacked and people claiming they are the best team because of their great individual players. So now somebody points out that those players made UA over kids from other more successful teams and you don't think that's fair? Sorry buddy, can't have it both ways. Maybe some of those players are only great when they play club lacrosse with the other all stars.

Total disagree, BUDDY. But I'm sure you know much more than me about players, coaching, teams, top HS programs & lax in general. smile

Maybe I do or maybe I don't. It doesn't really matter in this case because it's just common sense. If a high school team has 5 kids on it that were chosen as better than everyone else then it should translate into wins and ultimately championships. Again we aren't talking 1or 2, it's 5. Half the kids on a field. If that doesn't translate then maybe there are other players out there who are better but haven't had the benefit of being connected to the right people or teams. Don't be so defensive. Just a discussion.