Epic Jokers Tryout Camp is Posted in the Forums Section & Events tab! | Liberty Lacrosse Tryouts 2 Days Away!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 10:54 AM
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 10:34 AM
Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 10:04 AM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 09:06 AM
Boys 2028-3rd Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 08:57 AM
Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 08:44 AM
Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/20/19 08:26 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,676
Posts251,726
Members2,110
Most Online6,140
Jun 13th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 367 of 370 1 2 365 366 367 368 369 370
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286783
06/17/19 12:00 AM
06/17/19 12:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to be honest. I am disgruntled after last night's award dinner.
Its the same thing every year. The same coaches patting each other on the back and giving each others kids the top awards.
Riverhead, Coach of the year ! Really, Talk about doing less with more. Two all americans ,and Division 1 recruits at every position including Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State etc. etc etc . 4th place finish and 1 playoff win,, Woopie!

Mt Sinai reign is over yet the coach is still chairman of the AA committee They had a a few too, no surprise there.

First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with Bertolone chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.

Long Island names players US Lacrosse All American Honorable Mention?? That's funny. Hint - it's a made up award when the All Americans are listed on the US Lacrosse website and there's nothing to be found about Honorable Mentions.

There are 8 US Lacrosse AA's. The other 20+ kids received a made up coaches award not recognized by US Lacrosse. Those kids are considered the best All County players in Suffolk. Coaches should have used a different name for the award - something like 1st and 2nd Team Suffolk County. Do not use the term AA at all because it is very misleading. Why is an additional award needed at all. You are All County or you are AA - enough with the "everyone gets a medal" mentality.

I agree, call it something else. Now there are players claiming to be US Lacrosse AA when they are not.

If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.

How awful is your life if you truly believe some 18 year old kid who was designated something is lying. And what “problem “ will they have? How about none. Get over yourself.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #286784
06/17/19 02:22 AM
06/17/19 02:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am over all completely embarrassed by what this sport has become. Its a perversion of what it should be in every way. I have 3 kids in travel, and I can say outside of college, I have seen it all. Parents fighting on the sideline in boys games, parents rooting for others to fail in girls games, coaches choosing to give playing time preference to kids they train "privately", Its as bad as it gets and its all now a regular thing. I'm disgusted with myself and most of the people that I have met along the way, in that at the end of it all, every relationship has been based on how much money we pay, and how good is your kid.

We created this. We gave a tremendous amount of power to youth coaches and club team owners - who are held to very little standards and ethical considerations, who operate in the shadows and without real scrutiny. This youth lacrosse platform is in no way positive - it is a money grab at every turn, and we as parents have enabled it.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #286800
06/17/19 09:00 AM
06/17/19 09:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"How awful is your life if you truly believe some 18 year old kid who was designated something is lying. And what “problem “ will they have? How about none. Get over yourself."

You must be a little slow. US Lacrosse does not hand out Honorable mention awards , it is a made up award from section 8 and section xi. For those layers to say they are US lacrosse AA is a lie and it diminishes the award to those current and past players who received the actual award. US lacrosse will not want any other group telling players they received US lacrosse AA honors when they have no say in how many and how they are awarded . What problem will they have, I have no idea but with the college admissions scandals going on now putting fictitious info on your bio or application might create some issues .My life is fine , my daughter was an actual 2x US lacrosse AA and is proud of it , almost as proud as she is of graduation from an IVY .

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286827
06/17/19 10:43 AM
06/17/19 10:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just looked it up and of the 60 or so D1 AA , 5 were not US lacrosse AA in high school so it seems like a better predictor than you are letting on

I am not sure which post you are referencing but there are three teams totaling 48 Division I All-Americans. There are at least 350 US Lacrosse HS All-Americans each year. I will take you at you word when you say that only five of the 48 were not HS AA's but I would not say that being named HS AA is a predictor or indicator of anything. If this year 43 of 48 Division I All-American were also US Lacrosse HS All-Americans that would tell us that approximately 1,357 former HS AA's from the HS graduating classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 did not go on to become Division I All-Americans. ; )

However, we are talking about Long Island...

13 of the 48 DI AA's are from Long Island (pretty good) and I am pretty sure that all 13 were US Lacrosse All-Americans and most likely Under Armor All-Americans as well. If I am not mistaken there are 19 US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island each year (9 - Nassau, 8 - Suffolk, 2 - Private). Under Armour probably selects 10 or so from Long Island each year. It is possible that 63 out of 76 former HS AA's from LI "were not" D1 AA's this year. Some of those HS AA's who were underclassmen this year might become a DI AA down the road as the majority of AA's were upperclassmen.

Here are some numbers / facts...

If you are looking for an indicator as to which Long Island players have the best chance to become an All-American in college the odds are with the players who go to the top college programs.

36 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 10.
45 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 20.
1 played for Duke which finished the year ranked 21.
1 played for Hopkins which finished the year ranked 22.
1 played for Towson which was not ranked.

1 Graduate Student.
23 Seniors
13 Juniors
10 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Looking at these numbers it would stand to reason that the top players in HS are the ones who receive major recognition / accolades and are recruited by and choose to attend the schools that are consistently ranked in the Top 10 - 20. Those Top 10 - 20 schools always seem to be the same and the players they recruit prove to be the top players.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286831
06/17/19 10:56 AM
06/17/19 10:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"How awful is your life if you truly believe some 18 year old kid who was designated something is lying. And what “problem “ will they have? How about none. Get over yourself."

You must be a little slow. US Lacrosse does not hand out Honorable mention awards , it is a made up award from section 8 and section xi. For those layers to say they are US lacrosse AA is a lie and it diminishes the award to those current and past players who received the actual award. US lacrosse will not want any other group telling players they received US lacrosse AA honors when they have no say in how many and how they are awarded . What problem will they have, I have no idea but with the college admissions scandals going on now putting fictitious info on your bio or application might create some issues .My life is fine , my daughter was an actual 2x US lacrosse AA and is proud of it , almost as proud as she is of graduation from an IVY .

Sure pal, I'm a little slow, and you just posted a fictitious account of your "daughter". I'll take my slow over your perverse fantasy life and infatuation with "lies" and "problems". lost.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286836
06/17/19 11:23 AM
06/17/19 11:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure pal, I'm a little slow, and you just posted a fictitious account of your "daughter". I'll take my slow over your perverse fantasy life and infatuation with "lies" and "problems". lost.

My guess is because you are slow you can't tell fact from fiction or for that matter how much being slow impacts your reasoning. Sad. There were 19 US lacrosse AA young women on LI this year and that is it. Sorry if your kid did not get one but maybe you can have your school make u some fake AA awards .

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286839
06/17/19 11:32 AM
06/17/19 11:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is because you are slow you can't tell fact from fiction or for that matter how much being slow impacts your reasoning. Sad. There were 19 US lacrosse AA young women on LI this year and that is it. Sorry if your kid did not get one but maybe you can have your school make u some fake AA awards .

Don't have a kid nearly old enough, sorry if you need to boost your self image by creating a fake child. HAHAHAHAHAHA, keep at it mom, we're all soooo impressed

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286884
06/17/19 04:18 PM
06/17/19 04:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am over all completely embarrassed by what this sport has become. Its a perversion of what it should be in every way. I have 3 kids in travel, and I can say outside of college, I have seen it all. Parents fighting on the sideline in boys games, parents rooting for others to fail in girls games, coaches choosing to give playing time preference to kids they train "privately", Its as bad as it gets and its all now a regular thing. I'm disgusted with myself and most of the people that I have met along the way, in that at the end of it all, every relationship has been based on how much money we pay, and how good is your kid.

We created this. We gave a tremendous amount of power to youth coaches and club team owners - who are held to very little standards and ethical considerations, who operate in the shadows and without real scrutiny. This youth lacrosse platform is in no way positive - it is a money grab at every turn, and we as parents have enabled it.

No doubt there is a toxic environment associated with this sport.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286888
06/17/19 05:03 PM
06/17/19 05:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't have a kid nearly old enough, sorry if you need to boost your self image by creating a fake child. HAHAHAHAHAHA, keep at it mom, we're all soooo impressed

What's really sad is you obviously have low expectations for your own kid so you project that doubt onto other kids making it so you can't possibly believe others can have that kind of success. I guess half your kids genes come from the "slow" pool so it makes sense. So you know those kids were not designated US Lacrosse AA.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286898
06/17/19 07:46 PM
06/17/19 07:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's really sad is you obviously have low expectations for your own kid so you project that doubt onto other kids making it so you can't possibly believe others can have that kind of success. I guess half your kids genes come from the "slow" pool so it makes sense. So you know those kids were not designated US Lacrosse AA.

Keep it up fictitious daughter mom. No one believes your bs take. My daughter is the school president a world class ballerina and scored a 1600 on the SAT. She got a full ride to Harvard and is playing ice hockey and lacrosse. See mine is better than yours!!!! Hahahahaha

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286928
06/17/19 10:45 PM
06/17/19 10:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Keep it up fictitious daughter mom. No one believes your bs take. My daughter is the school president a world class ballerina and scored a 1600 on the SAT. She got a full ride to Harvard and is playing ice hockey and lacrosse. See mine is better than yours!!!! Hahahahaha”

So sad for your kid that your low expectations will probably result in her underachieving. You are a simpleton who cannot understand that other people have actual achievements they are proud of. Sadly your kid will never even get the made up HM AA award .The Haha tells all on here what a uneducated disaster of a parent you are.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #286986
06/18/19 11:32 AM
06/18/19 11:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Keep it up fictitious daughter mom. No one believes your bs take. My daughter is the school president a world class ballerina and scored a 1600 on the SAT. She got a full ride to Harvard and is playing ice hockey and lacrosse. See mine is better than yours!!!! Hahahahaha”

So sad for your kid that your low expectations will probably result in her underachieving. You are a simpleton who cannot understand that other people have actual achievements they are proud of. Sadly your kid will never even get the made up HM AA award .The Haha tells all on here what a uneducated disaster of a parent you are.

I'll make it simple for you mom, what Ivy does your princess attend? Let's see if you'll back up your boast with some facts. Or is she really just a figment of your imagination. I'll wait.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #286990
06/18/19 11:51 AM
06/18/19 11:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287011
06/18/19 01:49 PM
06/18/19 01:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.

While I agree that this person may be a shallow little man, not sure you actually taking the time to research this separates you from him in any way. Who cares? Yes HM All American is made up on LI. No one else does it. Are the girls lying if they put it on their resume? No. Do you think college coaches base their decisions on someone being HM AA? Of course not. So again, who cares? Do we really need 2 pages of arguing over it?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287018
06/18/19 03:23 PM
06/18/19 03:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just looked it up and of the 60 or so D1 AA , 5 were not US lacrosse AA in high school so it seems like a better predictor than you are letting on

I am not sure which post you are referencing but there are three teams totaling 48 Division I All-Americans. There are at least 350 US Lacrosse HS All-Americans each year. I will take you at you word when you say that only five of the 48 were not HS AA's but I would not say that being named HS AA is a predictor or indicator of anything. If this year 43 of 48 Division I All-American were also US Lacrosse HS All-Americans that would tell us that approximately 1,357 former HS AA's from the HS graduating classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 did not go on to become Division I All-Americans. ; )

However, we are talking about Long Island...

13 of the 48 DI AA's are from Long Island (pretty good) and I am pretty sure that all 13 were US Lacrosse All-Americans and most likely Under Armor All-Americans as well. If I am not mistaken there are 19 US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island each year (9 - Nassau, 8 - Suffolk, 2 - Private). Under Armour probably selects 10 or so from Long Island each year. It is possible that 63 out of 76 former HS AA's from LI "were not" D1 AA's this year. Some of those HS AA's who were underclassmen this year might become a DI AA down the road as the majority of AA's were upperclassmen.

Here are some numbers / facts...

If you are looking for an indicator as to which Long Island players have the best chance to become an All-American in college the odds are with the players who go to the top college programs.

36 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 10.
45 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 20.
1 played for Duke which finished the year ranked 21.
1 played for Hopkins which finished the year ranked 22.
1 played for Towson which was not ranked.

1 Graduate Student.
23 Seniors
13 Juniors
10 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Looking at these numbers it would stand to reason that the top players in HS are the ones who receive major recognition / accolades and are recruited by and choose to attend the schools that are consistently ranked in the Top 10 - 20. Those Top 10 - 20 schools always seem to be the same and the players they recruit prove to be the top players.

Didn't Parella from Hofstra make AA?

Reply Quote
Page 367 of 370 1 2 365 366 367 368 369 370
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification