“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .