Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to be honest. I am disgruntled after last night's award dinner.
Its the same thing every year. The same coaches patting each other on the back and giving each others kids the top awards.
Riverhead, Coach of the year ! Really, Talk about doing less with more. Two all americans ,and Division 1 recruits at every position including Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State etc. etc etc . 4th place finish and 1 playoff win,, Woopie!

Mt Sinai reign is over yet the coach is still chairman of the AA committee They had a a few too, no surprise there.

First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with B. chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.

Long Island names players US Lacrosse All American Honorable Mention?? That's funny. Hint - it's a made up award when the All Americans are listed on the US Lacrosse website and there's nothing to be found about Honorable Mentions.

There are 8 US Lacrosse AA's. The other 20+ kids received a made up coaches award not recognized by US Lacrosse. Those kids are considered the best All County players in Suffolk. Coaches should have used a different name for the award - something like 1st and 2nd Team Suffolk County. Do not use the term AA at all because it is very misleading. Why is an additional award needed at all. You are All County or you are AA - enough with the "everyone gets a medal" mentality.

I agree, call it something else. Now there are players claiming to be US Lacrosse AA when they are not.

Honorable Mention All American is a legit recognition/award. Not All players nominated receive it and the board has to vote for the players. Additionally, you have to have earned All County the year prior - an award typically for the next best players although some schools who are good certainly get more but that's just the nature of the beast.

So for anyone to say HM All American is not real has no clue what they are talking about. IDK who got it for the girls in Suffolk but only 6 boys in Nassau earned this award and look at that list - the 9 boys lacrosse Nassau County All Americans plus the 6 honorable mention all American players are all legit players who are D1 prospects and have the stars to back it up. The sheer fact that only 15 players received those awards prove how difficult it is to get. I know the 8 Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse All Americans are ALL phenomenal players. You must be a parent of someone who did not receive it....and with that said, of course there are players you can lobby for that you think deserved it but that's just like every other sport (i.e. Klay Thompson not getting 3rd Team All NBA....should he have gotten it, maybe but everyone in front of him were all legit)

US lacrosse doesn't host the players on their site but they give you the official certificate just like the All Americans get.

With other media publications, it will be nice to see who gets what and how close they are . The BOTC All Long island tesms (1st -3rd team) also had 7/8 Suffolk County All Americans listed & I know 3 Nassau County All Americans on their list as I did not see all of the girls in Nassau who got it. So them & USA Today had a handful of the Suffolk AA's as the top 25 players in the Country. Seems legit to me unles you think they are all in cahoots with each other..

Wrong assumption, my daughter is a us lacrosse all american. Twice actually, and her name is listed on website for both years. I'm not suggesting the players don't legitimately deserve to be honored and recognized, but call it something else. I have never heard of another area naming AA HM. There is nothing on the US Lacrosse website about it. Correct me if I'm wrong by posting a link that shows it is a real US Lacrosse award, or that other regions do this. Or is this something secret and special US Lacrosse does only for Long Island with an "official" certificate? Does Baltimore award AA HM?