Originally Posted by Anonymous
What an eye opening experience! glad that this is happening now so that we can scratch coppermine off our tryout lists. To go to these extremes on here and pretending to be others as an excuse to post how GOOD your kid is just so you can flip the script of the tryouts reality is scary obsession. You have no business coaching these young women that you are trying to devalue and tear down in order to try to make your kid look good. Mine was cut in that round with yours. Her anxiety got the best of her and I can say that she deserved to be cut that day. It will make her better in the long run but we both know that they were cut and from watching what I saw there were 0 mistakes in the kids who survived the cuts - 0! There was a lot of really good talent out there and the kids who made the cuts were all amazing. For you, a coach, to say differently and that your kid was more deserving is scary. No thanks Coppermine.

Well said. I actually don’t think this is as bad a look on AS as it is for Coppermine. Imagine for a second you were one of the three Coppermine girls cut at call backs (yes it was a cut! 30 kids got sent home only one magically made a team) just to find out the club argued and fought to get one of them on a team (red!!) but not you. Very eye opening as a Coppermine parent. Agree with OP, glad it happen now and the true colors are coming out. This board is full of Coppermine parents who defend the club but, it isn’t surprising it seems to be different this time. Don’t think we aren’t paying attention. Maybe Coppermine should make this right not AS.