Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is a 2029 parent allowed to referee in the 2029 NGLL games of the same exact league where their daughters compete? Do we really not have regulations to control for this? John Brock, parent of twins on 2029 M&D black, was the referee for the Coppermine black vs Skywalkers game today. At least 2 girls from M&D black 2029 last year now play for skywalkers. This is not just an issue of bias but intimidation can come into play in situations like this as well. Does the NGLl not have regulations to control for this?

Did he ref an unfair game? Intimidation?

My daughter played in this game. It was the most fair and even game we have played all year officiating-wise. The ref crew in totality was quite good compared to some of the refs we have had. As far as girls being intimidated, I didn't see it. I don't know how that would even happen. This feels like a disgruntled parent stirring the pot. As others have posted, refs are in severe shortage (not hard to understand why when you see @ChillLaxin like this posted), and the game was fine. This is a non story. Move on.

Coppermine won so I don’t think this was a disgruntled parent. People are so quick to attack others on here. I think people are overlooking the bigger issues. The original post didn’t attack this parent/ref. They seem to be asking if this is allowed and I think it’s a good question. I don’t think they accused anyone of bad calls or of intimidation but they said that bias and intimidation could come into question in these situations and I agree that it could. Shouldn’t we have regulations to control for this possibility? Should a parent be refereeing games in their daughter’s league when there are other options like someone else said about going to another age group? Copperplex has enough fields to provide other options. Should there be policies to help manage these situations like notifying the teams ahead of time so the players and coaches are aware beforehand and not distracted during the game. I think this post brings up some good questions about our current policies that shouldn’t be over locked

I don't disagree, I make two suggestion;

1 - it could have been done without mentioning his name or kids; that makes it personal
2 - it could be brought to the powers at be at NGLL and not this forum anonymously for all to anonymously bicker about. Especially if it is a legitimate concern of the parent