[quote=Anonymous]I mean, it IS true. And this whole experience has certainly been eye opening. Everyone who says these kids are young, no one's watching, no one cares, must not have kids playing lacrosse or any other sport. I know my daughter cares, and not in an NCAA championship game way, obviously, but in a 13 yr old, trying to navigate the sports world and the real world and understanding fairness doesn't always come with either, way. Confidence, feelings, right and wrong, being "good enough", are all tied up in these kinds of things and she'll show up (because she wants to), having played the heck out of her tryout and no doubt the heck out of the tournament, knowing fairness wasn't on her side this time. And that @ChillLaxin as a parent, regardless of your kid's age or how important or not someone else thinks the experience is.[/quote
Yeah so let’s pretend for a second that what you say is true and posters on here have recklessly “eluded” to who you are all talking about (which btw what the heck so inappropriate )- that kid is GOOD! Watch a lot of lacrosse and she absolutely should have made the team. I don’t know every girl in the area obviously but to say she is one of the top 22 (ummm or 23) is believable to anyone who has watched a game she’s played in. “Fairness” please. You’re for sure the parent blaming refs, coaches, and other players constantly. I know personally I’m happy she’s on my daughter’s team for the tournament and so is my daughter. No mention of life’s not fair or why is this kid on the team from anyone in our house. Sorry about the state of yours. Rough times for ya