Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow......... 13 Spalina girls on UA. at least 6 others are from Jesters. What a Joke. 6 Jesters girls make it from a team that has trouble competing at the top level? I hope Caramelli feels better about himself picking all those Jesters girls to pump up his program.. Feel bad for all the girls that actually thought they had a shot at making it. Politics at it's best!!

Exactly why they felt the need to create AS.

Come on, the need to create AS was for the money. Plain and simple. THREE Long Island teams?

It's the standard CR/YJ model, create as many teams as there are parents willing to pay. It's a smart model.

Let’s also remind ourselves that the best players in the 25’ on Long Island are on YJ A (Spallina). The last 5-6 spots on the roster will be zero factors when it’s crunch time in any games.
The top 26’ kids are doing AS which is a huge Money grab and much easier to make especially when you are in the younger grade of UA. 3 teams for UA come on.
Do I believe some kids were top 20 and didn’t make it; sure but I also know the top kids in the grade made it and the same will be when they announce the roster for the older team today. Best 10-12 kids will make it. after that sprinkle in friends and family; rinse and repeat.