Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

I would like to offer absolute fact to the contrary. Daughter played top team of top club. She kept 15-18 coaches in contact in the loop during recruiting. Sept 1st, all but one called. But all together had nearly 60 coaches called on Sept 1st, all saying they saw her play here, there etc…. I am nearly certain they just go to those games of top teams playing each other, looking for unspecified players. And CR markets her “teams”. But she also is a marketer of individual girls, and not always the better ones, ties and connections with her go a long way for your kid.

Have heard very similar which is why playing TG or legacy A is better than YJ B,C,D Look at the recent comitted lists and B kids aren’t going to very good places and to the contrary YJ teams across the board have been sub par

There

That's a bit aggressive. I'll give you 1-2, but Lomo lost the bridesmaid pillow fight badly and is probably 5th/6th

1 YJ Blue still far and away the best lost 3/4 off bottom of roster not one of their top kids and I’m sure with tryouts they will fill holes
2. YJ B still clearly second best will be interesting to see who they lose to TG or YJ A solid team
This is where it gets interesting
3. TG good team YJ B is 3/5 goals better right now. Adding a few of the lower players from YJ will help a bit but not enough to hop into the 2 spot
4. YJ C solid team competes w top teams but not a team that can beat those top teams Good enough to knock off a TG or YJ B especially with best goalie
5. Legacy. Up and coming team that has improved this past year not able to compete with the top

You are making observations from last years teams. Many girls are moving around in this age bracket trying to find the best situation on a team before recruitment years come. Some of those YJ teams lost 4/5 decent players each. YJC team will def. not be the same. It will prob. Be the definite “C” now for sure. Some of their best left. It takes way more than a good goalie.