Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

What I think this tells you, is that the majority of the top players on LI are playing on YJs teams. I think most can agree to that? That’s the team that attracts them and they eventually end up on a YJ team if a top player. Not ALL top players, but majority do end up playing on YJs. Those numbers you looked up suggest this, as well.

I would agree to that. To an extent. If there were 7 or even 10 YJ on the black team, maybe. But the funny thing is, according to that roster, Spallina's best kids aren't even going to AS. There's 34 YJ kids in the top two teams. Not one Top Gun or Jester player. There has to be a Top Gun player that it better than the 34th best kid on the YJ. Also funny how it's almost the identical amount of YJ kids on each team. I don't buy it.
I have no dog in the fight. My kid wants to go to UA, but to say there is no nepotism at these events would be insane. Just like if a Jesters coach ran it, I am sure he would take kids that don't belong over others. That's the problem letting clubs evaluate the tryouts.
Or maybe I'm wrong. Just my opinion.

Please come back after UA tryouts and let us know what you think of that process? If your daughter a 25 and not on “YJ” Spalina , then good luck with that. Let’s see if you have same take on the YJ thing. Maybe it is the case, that most of the better players are on YJ teams?

Sorry she is on the team. But I will come back and tell you.