Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dear VLC bubble dad,
sorry to give you the news but winning is very important to attracting better players to improve your program. Clubs like Madlax 2020 learned this last year by not playing in the Howard County League and lost most of their games and tournaments. VLC 2020 will continue to win at the 2nd tier but can't hang with any of the the top 2020 clubs. Having fun is of course important but if your kid is on a bad team they're not going to be invited to the better tournaments where all the college coaches are recruiting players for the "next level".

What years with VLC dominate? Certainly not 2020 or 2021. Guess your kid is having too much fun playing in Halloween Havoc.

LOL.

I am the guy who wrote the post at 2:56 pm. I am not a VLC dad at all. Our son played for BW and graduated two years ago. He used to play for NL and it was a complete disaster.

BW, Madlax and VLC are light years ahead of NL and Express. BW has had 150+ college recruits in a short amount of time and I'm sure VLC isn't far behind. Madlax is run by a jerk, but they have a lot of great players. All three are on a completely different tier than NL or this new Express thing. Are you kidding me? I've heard NL has a good freshman team and Express has a good 8th grade team. That's not the same as playing for a great club.

You missed my point. Of course winning is important (for the program and for kids). But nobody cares who wins a middle school game. The point is playing for a good program that teaches the game and can help you get to the next level (recruiting, playing in HS). Neither Express or NL have that reputation yet. They could get there eventually, but competition is pretty fierce up there from Madlax and BW.

I don't know anything about the VLC freshman team except that they have one of the best freshman in the country. I also know that BW, VLC and Madlax play in the best tournaments. NL never played in good tournaments and I seriously doubt this new Express team will, either