Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rankings are a joke. They can’t use wins and loses because the scheming some teams play with the schedule. You would have all teams playing lower brackets, which some do already to get the goal differential higher. Hard for a team like PT to go lower in the rankings when they lose to Heroes because they go and beat Capital and tie teams ahead of them. Most of their games are 1 goal loses. So their gd is close. I don’t know what the fix is but it’s unfair when a team like Heroes beats PT twice and they are still behind, but I get why they use what they have in place now.

Yeah. There’s no real way to do it fair. Especially with clubs playing fast and loose with the scheduling. iE Spallina.
To use your Heroes Primetime point. So Heroes goes ahead of Primetime in the rankings because they won heads up twice, both by the same score. But Primetime only lost to the #2 team 4-3. Heroes loose to M&D 12-4. Primetime beat #3 Capital while Heroes lost to Capital15-3. Not sure what would be fair to put Primetime lower. Imagine a team like 180 beats Monster, should they jump ahead after losing badly against every team ahead of Monster? You can’t go solely by heads up and wins and loses. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe a RPI kind of algorithm would probably be better.