Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by libertydad
first off, I am not surprised that conn. teams go to the elite tourney, doesn't carol have her hand in the ct. chargers, and i'm sure there are connections to other teams up there through the chargers.
From where did you get this information? Jeff Brameier is the Founder/Director of the Connnecticut Chargers lacrosse program. Please share the source of your information.

Understanding that there is a cost to running this event, couldn't carol find a worthy charity to donate the money to, and maybe even include the other directors in the choosing of such a charity. then it would be a little difficult for the other clubs to justify not attending.
BOTC is missing this argument entirely.

Why does a Long Island lacrosse club like the Yellow Jackets that has the ability to attract a significant number of college coaches for their showcase need to turn over revenues to charity in order to attract other Long Island teams? The Yellow Jackets are sharing their recruiting contacts (colleges) by getting the coaches onto the Island. This is what completely baffles us here at BOTC.

The tournament cost is effectively multiple times cheaper than trying to get access to those same coaches off Long Island at another club's tournament. So, why does profit need to be turned over to charity for doing the work and then providing access to those coaches?

that is if they really wanted the best teams from the island to play on the island, If it is just to showcase YJ against not as competitive teams and make money because she did all work than hey , she deserves it, she works very hard.
This is why BOTC comes off as a "Carol Rose" supporter when we are just trying to give a balanced view. Our guess is that the Yellow Jackets will play everyone and anyone that shows up. The results of any one showcase game will not determine the club's reputation, national standing, or recruitment of players.

... but i don't know if that would work either. carol must be angry at shannon, and i don't know why danielle and carol don't see eye to eye.
Having spoken directly with Coach Rose on all of the Long Island relationships, we do not think that there is ill-will with Shannon Smith on any level, but there is a competitive aspect that does exist now for position in the marketplace. As for the Yellow Jackets/Liberty relationship, we can hand over heart say that principle participants maintain what can best be termed a cold relationship. Danielle and Carol were friends and teammates from years back - the genesis of the Liberty program is where the source of the rift can be found. Basically, the Liberty was not originally supposed to be based on Long Island.

personally i think it would be fantastic to see all the li teams go at each other on the island, it could only help island lacrosse
We agree.

Cage Sage - I have read many of your posts and you definitely come off as a Carol Rose/YJ supporter. That is very easy to see.

Carol was the first to the market with the YJ's and she built a great program, anyone who would say differently is full of it. She clearly has the numbers which is a huge advantage. However, she also has a win at all cost mentality.

You seem fairly new to the whole girl's lacrosse club scene and you seem a little naive. Why can't we all get along? You don't know history. Carol's own coaches are scared of her. They might not admit it publicly, but they are.

You claim she has no problem with Shannon starting the TG's - you are out of your mind. You have no idea what she has done behind the scenes to bad mouth Shannon and her father. She has made some pretty outlandish comments. If she treats her former players this way, how do you think she treats opposing team or clubs from LI.

It's not that other LI clubs don't want to play in their tournament because of talent of the YJ's or fear, it's because they don't want to help her financially.

The YJ's are the top program on LI right now. In a few years from now - maybe not.
I totally agree with most of this post. I have herd of the Danielle ,Carol feud over liberty being started on the island, I don't see the problem with danielle starting a program here ,I didn't know Carol owned Long Island, I believe Carol played earlier for Manhassett than Danielle , and that there is a little jealousy over how well Danielle fared . I also can understand Carol could be upset over losing most Manhassett players to Danielle, Manhassett has been a lax powerhouse for decades , and what team would not want that talent pool to choose from. But why should Danielle give up her own players to Carol,I think it was well within her rights to start a program based where she coaches a varsity team. as far as getting college coaches go Danielle had a small tourney up at Manhassett where at the end of the day Syracuse , Fairfield and Stony Brook , all played each other,so obviously Danielle has no problem contacting D1 coaches and, I noticed that Carol Rose was also there.And personally , if I were Carol Rose I'd be pissed at Shannon a little bit too, I went to TG tryouts and there were a bunch of YJ defects there. That being said Shannon also has every right to start a program here too.