Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by libertydad
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see they had 75-80 teams in the tourney. The Numbers were not down very much at all. That tourney has never been that big. Maybe 90 at the most. What are you talking about? They have a big draw from Ct. They obviously dont need the LI teams to play.
first off, I am not surprised that conn. teams go to the elite tourney, doesn't carol have her hand in the ct. chargers, and i'm sure there are connections to other teams up there through the chargers. Understanding that there is a cost to running this event, couldn't carol find a worthy charity to donate the money to, and maybe even include the other directors in the choosing of such a charity. then it would be a little difficult for the other clubs to justify not attending. that is if they really wanted the best teams from the island to play on the island, If it is just to showcase YJ against not as competitive teams and make money because she did all work than hey , she deserves it, she works very hard. but i don't know if that would work either. carol must be angry at shannon, and i don't know why danielle and carol don't see eye to eye. personally i th
Wink it would be fantastic to see all the li teams go at each other on the island, it could only help island lacrosse

She tried that already lax for hope the same teams avoided YJ again.

My daughter's non-yj team played in this tournament. I think many of the yellow jacket teams participated, and that is alot of teams. I don't know the numbers but it certainly felt like every field had a yj team on it, they certainly made up the bulk of organizations represented in this tournament. We didn't know going in that this tournament was basically run by yj's, but it is apparent now. The "in thing" with lax tournaments these days seems to be incorporating a charity theme, which this one had. This one benefitted the fight against breast cancer, and it is good to see money being collected and donated to a good cause. The tournament sponsors asked each player to raise I think $100 or more to donate, which my daughter was very excited and happy to do. Do not know if a portion of the tournaments proceeds were also donated, you would hope so. But anyway back to the response, you are right the other long island teams saw what I did not, that this was a yj sponsored event and stayed away from it. Yet it was still a good excuse to play some fall ball and in the end, it supported a good cause. I think if you want to get all the other long island teams to compete at a LI based tournament, it can't be sponsored by one of the clubs, there seems to be too much ill will there, especially towards YJ's. And I don't think there is anywhere on LI that you could pull off a real tournament like they do in PA, NJ and MD. So if it can't be done right, why even bother other than to keep the sticks in the girl’s hands. And that is what this tournament was, 7 vs. 7, tiny fields, short half, one day... whatever. A chance to get a stick in the girl's hands. But a far cry from a real tournament.