Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by CageSage
The fact remains that the off-Island representation at our own home town recruiting event was stronger than the local support. For a full listing of the teams involved, access the following link : Long Island Elite Showcase Schedule (PDF Format)

I'll tell you what I heard. I did not experience this firsthand so consider it hearsay, but those who told me believed it. The feeling is that Carol Rose manipulates the schedules to favor YJ. If YJ is initially scheduled to play a tougher, more competitive team, then perhaps there is a schedule change so that team plays consecutive games so they don't reach the YJ teams fresh.

Is it true? I have no idea. But apparently the belief alone could be enough to keep clubs from the Elite tournament.

<now settling back to watch the fireworks>
The schedule file is attached. While BOTC has heard the "rumor", let's find the spot in the schedule whether the conspiracy theory holds. [BOTC has supplied the tools; we will leave it to the readers to undercover the "evidence". Quite frankly, the argument about "fixed" schedules just feels empty to us.]

At the end of the day, Powderfinger, we heard earlier that the complaint was that the 25-minute game format was a turn-off for some. Now, we are hearing that two back-to-back 25 minute games are being manipulated. Who knows? Maybe all of the conspiracy theories are correct. But, isn't being able to play two 25-minute "halves" with an inter-game break a reasonable request in the lacrosse world? Particularly for a showcase player?

The one point that is critical about your note is perception. The emotion is driven by perception. If BOTC could help smooth the ruffled-feathers, it would be worthwhile for the game. Clearly we are shining the light on the subject in an effort to bring about change - and if not change, at least enhance the dialogue.

The fact is the other LI programs are NOT STRONG enough as CLUBS to compete against the YJ teams as a whole. Yes they may win a few games here and there, but they will LOOSE more than they win. CLUB OWNERS dont want their parents to see this and thus they stay away from YJ as much as possible so they dont LOOSE MONEY. Its all about the MONEY. They not only AVOID YJ on LI, but they AVOID YJ by not entering in the same tourneys.

IF you think these club owners want to go head to head with YJ
your crazy. They may talk a good game, but NONE of them have the National Recognition yet they YJ has. Will they maybe. It depends how hard they want to work. Only time will tell.

The conspiracy schedule sounds far fetched. Club Owners who are ready to take on the YJ as a whole, because they feel they can compete, would not care about their assigned schedule. They think they will win no matter what schedule they received.

Maybe we can get directors of tourney to schedule longer games since that seams to be a legitimate complaint. May not be doable with a 1 day event with so many teams.

Instead of talking trash get your Club Owner to go KICK THEIR [lacrosse] on the field instead of avoiding them for NO REASON