If you think you take away the travel kids from the town teams and those teams will still survive without them I think you are wrong.

For the most part the travel fathers are the ones that coach the team.

If you take the travel girls out of the town team mix PAL and SCGL will be destroyed. I for one do not think that is what youth sports are about but I might be in a minority. There is a time and place for everything. Spring is for Town teams and Summer is for Travel. If that puts us at a disadvantage against the MD travel programs during the summer so be it, our high school teams will be better for it in the long run. Many of the MD travel girls play for private schools in high school so there is less concern for the public school program and their town as far as lax goes. I think we have great public schools on long island and great lacrosse traditions in our public schools. Many of the youth programs are very important to the HS programs. I for one think keeping that tradition and connection are important.

There is no where in the USA that has the level of public school lacrosse like we have on L.I. MD's top teams are in a different system. Their system works for them, IMO it would not make us better on LI.