Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]You have lost perspective on this whole thing (or maybe never had it).

The kids in 8th grade should be able to play any position. They hopefully aren't pigeon-holed by coaches or their no-nothing parents. If you're kid is quote "playing out of position" in 8th grade, then she is likely not that good if all she can do is play one position. Sorry to inform you, but I guess someone should.

Young players (and yes 8th grade is young) should be playing every position, and learning the footwork, skill and strategy of all of them. If your club doesn't allow that, because they want to win over developing the players, then I would switch to a place where they value the kids more than the almighty dollar.

If your daughter is destined for college lax (and certainly high level D1 lacrosse) a coach will recognize her abilities no matter what position she is playing on the field. She will be making a difference and standing out athletically and with her lax IQ.

But even more importantly, it's frick'in 8th grade!! Can they please have a little fun without parents, coaches and hangers on putting so much pressure on every game/tournament/play etc. CHILL OUT!!!!

I guess those parents will tell Coach Reese and Coach Levy DELETED

So I have no idea what u were trying to say, but if a kid is good enough to play (i mean actual see the field) at Maryland or UNC, you do understand that Coach Reese and Coach Levy will not need to see them playing "their position" in 8th grade. You r all too funny. An 8th/9th grader committed to Maryland could play w the wrong side of her stick and blindfolded and the coach could still see how talented they r ... and that top recruit, or anyone else at that level, could wait quite a long time before committing if they, and more importantly, their parents wanted to. So yes, if the parents of girls that are good enough to go to Maryland and UNC as 8th graders want to, they can tell Reese and Levy anything they want. And quite frankly, I wish they would. Because if the top 10-20 girls in the country would wait until they r at an age to make a semi-informed decision about where they want to go to college, then the whole recruiting process would slow down and it would be better for everyone.

That sounds close. Overall, it does not matter what position they play now if those coaches have other plans for them. What are you going to do as a parent if they want your middie to play attack or defense.