Originally Posted by Anonymous
And why do you care so much to write a novel about YJ and CR.... If you don't like it, don't play there. When you write a novel you expose your insecurity. The real question for most of you who complain is why do you feel the need to come on here and EXPLAIN, DEFEND and ATTACK why you are NOT doing YJ. Whether it's the money, the coaches, the program, the parents... blah blah blah- Just don't do it. When you blab on here it exposes you are INSECURE bout not plying there by being so defensive. Not for anything - no one really cares.

Nice try at deflection. And by your response, it appears you care.

The comment used CR and YJ as the example because the topic on here was her "MONEY GRAB" tournament. And everyone seems so excited about the G8 (which they should be from the standpoint of great, fun competition, not college recruiting), which is a CR money maker. So it seems appropriate to use CR and YJ as the example, because they are the most glaring one. But a careful read of the post by you and you will notice the line "CR and her ilk" ... to translate for you that means CR and people like her. So CR is an example, and really good one, of the people trying to exploit parents' fears and insecurities and turning them into cash cows.

I have had two children go through the recruiting process for sports, one lax and one another sport. I have one more just beginning that process (albeit at a stupidly young age compared to the other two) and I think it is really important to try to bring some perspective to this whole club BS. It seems you are the one that is insecure and defensive. I am completely secure in the knowledge that my children will be just fine without me bowing to people like CR. I have no problem with you doing it though. I was just trying to let others who may be new to this know that they don't have to if they don't want to.