Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Club Lax who runs the rankings has the power to separate the two, Club vs National. I would expect they will draw a line in the sand soon based on the feedback folks are providing. Nothing wrong with National teams, but they need their own bucket.

What's the definition of a National team? Kids who don't live in the same city? The same state? Should it be the 100 mile radius like WS? How many fly ins are permitted? WCS is a national team but isn't considered one. How many Sweetlax FL players actually live in FL. It's close to zero at the older ages.

I don't disagree with your/others wishes but wonder how this gets policed

I'd up the minimum number of games played needed to qualify for USCL rankings. Most true teams play 25-30 games a year. The national teams do not because their players are playing on their primary teams.

Trying to police the actual rosters will be difficult. Raising the min games to qualify is relatively easy way to weed out the national all-star teams. Probably wouldn't help us this time of year because the National teams play mostly in the offseason winter months, but come spring and summer they would fall out.