Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn’t that the coach who screams at the players and calls them losers every tournament? Good kids need better

Everyone is free to go anywhere. I prefer a coach who is invested, cares and is expert. Not for everyone or every kid though def agree

Here is the problem with travel sports, parents truly believe that this is OK. If a coach is acting like that to 13yo’s, he is Not invested, doesn’t NOT care and definitely is NOT an expert, he’s a laxer.
I have no skin is this game, but I know for sure that, if a teacher acted like that to your kid in the classroom, you would be looking to have them fired in a minute, but why is it acceptable on a sports field. Because you are chasing a “lax scholarship”.
News flash, there are 12.6 of them per D1 team, which need to get divided up amongst 40-50 players, so if you really think the mental abuse is worth it, have at it. And btw, where is that team in the new national rankings. Hmmmm.

So you do not think that there is any life lesson to be learned from a tough coach like that? Everything in life isn’t so sweet- I get in 2023 that type of behavior isn’t as well accepted but many of us learned a lot from similar growing up. Every kid will not thrive in that environment but personally I think it builds character for the right kid. And I totally see the other side too so no need to berate my opinion