Originally Posted by Anonymous
With the 2027’s out of the way. It will be interesting to see where these 2028’s land for HS in a couple years.

With the disclaimers of "I could be wrong," "not sure about DC suburbs" and "I'm not saying that Cannons players are the same as Hawks players"....

.....it sure seems like the bulk of AAA and elite lax kids in both AACO and Balt County are already in MIAA schools. I would attribute that to the performance of most of the area's public schools during the 1st year of covid (that should not be a controversial statement), and the fact that those parents were looking at the MIAA transition "at some point" anyway. Gilman (especially if you combine its feeder school, Calvert), McD, BL, LB, and SP seem to be holding a good spread of FCA, 91, Hawks, Crabs, Sidewinders, Predators, Blue Claws, etc players. Unfortunately I think this will "justify" CHC's and BL's focus on recruiting boarders this summer and next fall for 9th grade recruitment. CHC is already working WAY up into PA this spring for this purpose.

From AACO family friends, it seems this is kind of the case at St Marys and Severn too, with Hawks, Cannons, Sidewinders players already attending. Some great athletes at the smaller Catholic schools, and AACO/HOCO public schools anticipate going to Spalding of course.

Another smaller group of great players, as always, will head to the best lax programs in public schools, and I think those parents' minds are pretty set at this point, as the dream of "full ride to MIAA" focuses in to the reality of "maybe $3K off the top" and the fact that Balt Poly, Centennial, Severna Park, etc are more or less "great" public schools on the whole.

Curious if this is the case w the DC private schools? Are the ML, NL, and Hawks kids pretty much dialed in to where they're most likely spending HS already?

Another question is, with so many Baltimore lax kids already "locked in," will they or their parents be lured away to other schools in 9th grade?