BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 11:07 PM
What now?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maryvale coach is an absolute dooshnozzle
4,995 1,356,181 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 09:28 PM
A student actually created this petition. The kids that witnessed the entire thing….which was nothing but a wave over to the other well liked kid. Shame on SPHS/Mr Smith for prejudging the situation. Video shows whole thing. It’s time for Mr Smith to take extra classes on Inclusion.

Nobody cares, it's over, and Occam's Razor persists. By age 18? 19? whatever age this kid is, (successful) young men have to have a decent radar for situations that may not BE bad, but LOOK bad. When stuff goes down, adults in charge usually (>80% of the time) correctly point out the culprit. In 2024 you just cannot be the guy who was standing there when the person next to you gets....whatever.

We already know this young man was "asked to leave" Spalding (either the school or the lacrosse program or both) which raises its own set of questions about his ability to use decent judgment for even the very flexible "prep school standard." So I'd think most outside observers would be inclined to think the situation at SPHS is yet another time this young man found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing to the wrong person. Probably with no bad intention, probably never gave it a single malicious thought. But there he was.

Unless you live a life of the top 0.001%, your privilege is not endless and you gotta make better day-to-day decisions. Sorry bro.

The young man left before the March 1 deadline to register and play in Public school. He was getting the playing time he was told he would get at Spalding. There are close to 50 on that roster and many were told they would be playing this year and arent getting any time. In blow out games Spalding keeps those startes in just like Loyola did at JC. Why not leave and go to public where he would start. The biggest reason which no one talks baout is playing with his older brother one last time before he graduates this year
12,946 3,363,675 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Agreed, those who know Dale, knew this was coming. Having great FOGO and goalie keeps you in EVERY game. They can control the tempo, losing those kids and not having depth have hurt them. Not expected to get better in the next 2-3 years but who knows.
3,945 1,910,224 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Malvern is the only school to beat those teams,
I believe…so he/she is proclaiming Malvern #1
3,188 1,017,226 more...
Re: Long Island Jesters Anonymous Yesterday at 08:59 PM
For sure! The player is what is recruited, not the club (or at least that's what we hope!). I'm just trying to understand what kind of support there is for players who opt to go through the process, and the experience of the club to support players through it.
256 353,796 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:20 PM
It will be interesting to see if the MadLax fly ins continue to come now that they are 0-3. Might be a nice change for 91 or Team Money to pick up a win.

I assume they will. It's not as if the HOCO finals were going to be broadcast live on ESPN2 or draw college coaches, so whatever convinced them that it was worthwhile to fly in for the prior games should still hold. And as much as it may pain people to admit it, their games have been competitive.

Maybe they just wanted good competition and weren’t ruled by the glory of winning an 8th grade lacrosse game.

Re-read my comment, that was exactly my point. Something convinced them that it was worthwhile to make the trip and play in these games, and I doubt it was belief that there was some massive upside to winning the Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference championship.

Maybe they wanted to play against good comp, maybe they have family out here and it's a good excuse to come visit, maybe the parents and their kids enjoy traveling together, maybe they think CM's support will help position them for showcases or college recruiting down the line, or whatever. They decided this made sense for them so I don't think their losing record would change that.

My bad, I misread what you wrote.

Wait, what is this reasonable admission of a minor misunderstanding on this board?

I'll tell you the truth, I'm a little confused by your tactics. I'm gonna keep acting tough until I figure it out, alright?
10,248 2,045,284 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:00 PM
I believe the poster meant B level players, not specifically B team players.
923 284,931 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 07:51 PM
Spent the last three weekends at the Copperplex. Anyone else find it to be complete heck?
3,208 741,866 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 07:24 PM
How many 29s get invited to play in the All LI game 48?

Last year was 48 ish I believe, this year is around 106 players is what I counted.
Event has lost all merit and is now solely about bringing in the $$$$.

This is event has always been a money grab. Now they just have more suckers.
226 45,299 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 07:17 PM
NO ONE is rushing to Express. No one!!
Express Chucks went 0-3 in the fall NAL.
460 104,007 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 06:47 PM
And you think that CoachC doesn't manipulate the Catholic HS Rosters? What would you prefer, Daddy ball and direct parent interference at the publics or club coach interference for the parents at the Catholics? It's all corrupt.

The real issue is the talent in the public school doesn't get better playing against mediocre competition, just builds false hope. Parent interference and liberal ways are polluting every part of society.

Deep pocket Daddy ball is live and well at the Catholic schools.

It sure is. It's amazing how much these schools have changed in the past 5 years. I have kids at 1 of the 2 Catholics for the past 6 years - this thankfully my last. What we have seen this year is a disgrace. Seniors left out to dry. Weird sophomore promotions. You can have it.

Varsity is about winning, coaches play the kids they think give the team the best chance to win, regardless of age.
10,700 4,196,438 more...
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 06:09 PM
1. Wick
2. Deerfield
3. Salisbury
4. Loomis
5. Taft
6. TP
7. AOF
8. Berkshire
9. Westminster
10. Hotchkiss
11. NMH
12. Kent

You clearly don’t think too highly of Choate.
475 164,107 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Igloo girls on the rise

It's great that everything talking about Igloo got deleted except this one.
155 37,103 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Do you detest the NXT spring league as much as you detest HOCO?

I don't know why anyone wouldn't detest that league. It's open season on holdbacks in that league with no discernible age rules.
2,486 529,966 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 01:21 PM
Lines for the Week:
VLC 1 -ML 15
Clippers 2- NL 11
91 3 - Predators 9
Crabs 6- ML 8
VLC 2- Hawks 14
398 100,109 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 12:55 PM
Love seeing UVA knock out UNC from ACC tournament - well deserved. Tired of hearing that UNC is a "young tem" - they are far from a "yound team" - UVA freshmen stepping up big time. Hope to see a win against Cuse.
175 29,128 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Exactly what LI needs, another average lacrosse team
I wouldn't say that they would be average. Are you playing for one of those average teams ?
238 55,893 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous
Any chance we can get a Philly area recruiting update for 2025's? Clubs, High Schools, and College Commitment
337 88,429 more...
Re: Team 91 MD Anonymous
One win for the six teams that participate in the HOCO league. Great job Mark in grifting people’s money from them looking to play for an Elite Squad. Do us all a favor and drop down to AAA

Nice to see nothing has changed here - consistency counts. I don’t think their benchmark 2023 team ever won more than 1 game a year in HoCO either
1,311 319,279 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Many deserving kids on that list and a handful of questionable, to put it nicely.

A few wouldn’t start on any AA team on Long Island

They all deserve it, they paid the money.

It's best players from the region. Not everyone gets invited and not every deserving kid is able to play. But overall it's top players competing against each other.

Completely incorrect!!! Look at some of the names. Good players but not the upper echelon. You must be a parent of one of them. Living through their good player that they think is an all star. Keep paying the tuition to support my son please.
If your son team is not playing against the best in the country and competing you don’t deserve to be on the list. A lot of kids on the list are not playing at a high level.

You are just like all the World Series haters. Sorry your son wasn't selected. The kids who are rank among top players. Just let them play without trying to ruin a fun, competitive youth lacrosse experience.

$350 and no tryouts. If your in the in crowd good for you but don’t think it’s the best players selected.
614 131,756 more...
Re: Boys 2032 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region Anonymous
Have you seen the middie on Clippers, #1?
40 8,517 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
All it takes is 1-2 to change a team. Igloo fired coach working hard to become part of 91.
359 62,506 more...
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous
Sad when the only victories you achieve are moral ones…
Keep trying, Hawks!

What moral victory have they won?

Cool shiny helmets!!
524 149,146 more...
LI LACROSSE NEWS & UPDATES Jump to new posts
Island Trees boys lacrosse's Kian McCoy scores five goals in win over Hewlett TheBackOfTheCage
You can’t blink when you’re defending Kian McCoy. However, since it’s impossible to stare for all 48 minutes of game time, all opponents can hope to do is contain him.

The senior was a blur Friday afternoon for host Island Trees, tallying five goals and an assist in an 11-7 win over Hewlett in Nassau Conference C/D.

Coming off an 9-8 overtime loss on Tuesday against Bethpage, Island Trees found itself trailing by one against Hewlett in the second quarter after initially leading 3-0.

“It’s kind of like boxers; they get clipped a couple times and they started throwing haymakers all over the place,” Island Trees coach Brendan Keesee said. “You have to stick to the game plan.”

Sure enough, Island Trees responded with five unanswered goals. Senior attack JC Echezuria (two goals, three assists) displayed incredible vision with a nifty behind-the-back pass off of a give-and-go with McCoy for Island Trees’ sixth goal.

Keesee supported Echezuria's flair, adding that “it’s one more weapon to have in the toolbox.”

“If I see the field and I see gaps, I trust my teammates to find me open,” McCoy added.

Hewlett (7-3) did not score again until the final two minutes, tallying three goals. Cristopher Maiorano (three goals, two assists) accounted for two of them.

Island Trees' long-stick midfielder Joe Mainente forced seven turnovers, had six ground balls and also tallied a goal and three assists. Fellow midfielder Joe Filocamo provided a similar two-way toughness, adding three assists in the win.

“Coming after a tough loss a few days ago, it’s just great to see everyone bond together, itching to get a [win],” Mainente said.

Mainente also went 4-for-9 on faceoffs against Hewlett's points leader Luke Rochler, who went 18-for-22 faceoffs. Luke Forde usually holds that role for Island Trees, but he hasn’t played since April 5 due to injury. Keesee said having a long pole like Mainente on faceoffs allows for a quick defensive transition if he misses the early clamp.

Island Trees (5-4) has been through a gauntlet. Three of its losses came by just one score, with two coming in overtime. But Friday’s win was an important reminder of just how good this team can be when the ball bounces the right way.

“We grew up together, playing this sport together,” McCoy said. “It starts to show when it really matters.”

By Michael Sicoli
michael.sicoli@newsday.com

Sponsored by www.CBLaxers.com
0 102 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
I think it’s what the girls make of it. Those that are playing JV rather than riding the V bench are getting plenty of PT. Those riding the Varsity bench are getting to practice with older girls and still develop. Those playing Varsity are getting to best of both. My daughter is loving her Freshman year and says plenty of her Club teammates are having just as amazing season with many different schools. She is excited for Summer Club but definitely sad to see her first of four HS years come to an end shortly. Sorry to hear not all are having the good experiences others are having this year. I can personally attest all of my daughter’s teammates have been great as have the other parents & coaches on both JV and Varsity.
176 38,020 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
10 members (lax516, abowden, BiggLax, JimSection1, Team BOTC, cltlax, TheBackOfTheCage, Devildog, Anonymous2027, phillylax2032), 5,056 guests, and 5,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod