@BackOfTheCAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/7, fl$, 8:00am
9/7, Jesters, 8:30am
9/7, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 3:00pm
9/7, Express Honey Badgers, 3:30pm
9/7, Blaze, 3:45pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm
9/8, fl$, 8:00am
9/8, Express Honey Badgers, 11:30am
9/8, Jesters, 8:30pm
9/14, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/14, Legacy, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 9:00am
9/21, True Blue, 9:00am
9/22, Legacy, 9:00am
9/22, True Blue, 12:00pm
10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014 -
This is awesome, a big help. I know you don't have the time but this would be great for each age group.

Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/7, fl$, 8:00am
9/7, Jesters, 8:30am
9/7, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 3:00pm
9/7, Blaze, 3:45pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm
9/8, fl$, 8:00am
9/8, Jesters, 8:30pm
9/14, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/14, Legacy, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 9:00am
9/21, True Blue, 9:00am
9/22, Legacy, 9:00am
9/22, True Blue, 12:00pm
10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is awesome, a big help. I know you don't have the time but this would be great for each age group.
We are working on it, age group-by-age group, on the boys side. This exercise is going to be a one-time only job to introduce the new year threads. (Translation : This is a heck of a lot more work than it looked like when we kicked off the exercise three hours ago!)
This is great. I have been waiting for a 2023 forum to show up. My understanding is that for most of these clubs 3rd grade is the first year that they offer. Does anyone know for the clubs that have posted tryouts so far, which ones fielded 2nd grade teams?

Really what I'm asking is how many of these 3rd grade teams are starting with fresh squads and how many already have a relationship b/c the boys played on the 2nd grade team.

Thanks!
This is great. I have been waiting for a 2023 forum to show up. My understanding is that for most of these clubs 3rd grade is the first year that they offer. Does anyone know for the clubs that have posted tryouts so far, which ones fielded 2nd grade teams?

Really what I'm asking is how many of these 3rd grade teams are starting with fresh squads and how many already have a relationship b/c the boys played on the 2nd grade team.

Thanks!

Great question, but i think the standard answer you will get if they did or didn’t have a team is that they will have independent evaluators that will select the team and all kids have an equal chance. So, in other words – just sign up for the club you think would want to play for, go to the tryouts and post on this later when you get to the tryout with 15 team bags from another town club sitting on the sideline and you never got the “you made it call”. Most of these teams always start with a base of kids – the coach will bring them in and start something. Best of luck
Legacy Lacrosse www.LegacyLacrosseLI.com is rolling out a brand new team for that age group. Check out the website.
I think fl$ is one club that did not have a 2nd grade team. Actually, only like 3-4 clubs had 2nd grade teams. 91, Honey Badgers, True Blue, Dune Dogs. Plus, the difference in ability between a 2md grader and a 3rd grader is immense.
No 2023 Igloo? Why? Cage can you email that club? I tried and havent recieved an answer yet
Thank you
No 2023 Igloo? Why? Cage can you email that club? I tried and havent recieved an answer yet
Thank you
BOTC is not looking to establish a Boys 2023 Club inside of Team Igloo, so how did it become our job to mail the club?

On the Team Igloo Registration page is their "Getting Help" information as follows :

Getting Help From Igloo Lacrosse, Inc.: For assistance with Registration, contact Anthony Alexander (917-623-6509)

You can call Anthony and get all of the required details and express interest in a 2023 team being formed.

Thank you

No Team in this age group
Honey Badgers 2023 Tryouts Information

Saturday, September 7th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm at
The Field of Dreams
74 Camen Mill Road, Massapequa, NY

---------------------------------

Sunday, September 8th from 11:30am - 1:30pm at
Kellenberg HS
1400 Glenn Curtiss Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

How many teams is the express making for 2023 and how many spots are open on the Honey Badgers? The website says they are expecting a HUGE turnout for the Honey Badgers and they had 21 kids on the team last year. How many are they going to carry this season?
How many teams is the express making for 2023 and how many spots are open on the Honey Badgers? The website says they are expecting a HUGE turnout for the Honey Badgers and they had 21 kids on the team last year. How many are they going to carry this season?

You must be new to LI Express (no disrespect)...Real simple. Express will make as many teams as there are parents who will pay. If you get 40-47 kids they will make 2 teams. If you get under 40 they will make one giant team imnplying everyone made the A team and then collect new kids over the next few months and make a B team. The B Team will in no way resemble the A team in terms of coaching, practice time, commitmet etc. but by that time you will have already made your first deposit. Do yourself a favor and look into some of the smaller programs where they will have one solid team with good coaching.
All depends on the number of kids trying out and the talent level. If they are good they will carry 2 teams for the grade.
You are 100% wrong. Was told coaching will be across the grade. Teams will practice together s they should. A second team will be formed if enough kids tryout with skills necessary to carry a successful team.
20-22 kids per team; no more.
You are 100% wrong. Was told coaching will be across the grade. Teams will practice together s they should. A second team will be formed if enough kids tryout with skills necessary to carry a successful team.

Of course you were told this. Show me one grade that has two teams that are equal and practice together with the same coaches. Not just express but any organization. If express gets too many for one team but too few for two they will practice together as they collect more kids to make a B team and then separate the two before the spring. I have been there. I know. And by the by it works well for Expree both finanically and in that they get a look at many kids over an extended period of time to pick the best, but you do not want to be on the B team.
You're right, it has been the practice of ALL these organizations but I know the HB coaches personally and they do not buy into the large money grab teams. They will have oversight into the entire grade and will practice as a grade. Maybe they are starting to do things the right way. I will tell you that my son played on the HB last year and the experience was amazing for every player. I can tell you first hand; that's where you want you kid to tryout.
so your being told 2 teams of 22 players?
You're right, it has been the practice of ALL these organizations but I know the HB coaches personally and they do not buy into the large money grab teams. They will have oversight into the entire grade and will practice as a grade. Maybe they are starting to do things the right way. I will tell you that my son played on the HB last year and the experience was amazing for every player. I can tell you first hand; that's where you want you kid to tryout.

Sounds like you know better than I do, I was just going off my prior experience with LI Express but it sounds like you have first hand knowledge. I will say this, if my son were in the top 20 out of 45 kids who all practiced together I would be pissed they didnt do a straight A and B team. I dont see any benefit to what you are describing for the better kids only for the B kids who get to train with better kids. The reason my son plays club ball is because I want him to play with the best possible kids around. I would not want to spend $2,000+ to be one of 45 kids. Basically they are going to take everyone who trys out, assuming 45 kids try out?????? Anyway, good luck with it. At the end of the day with LI Express or any other team its about winning and they will ultimately take the top 22 kids to go win, maybe not when they are 9 years old, but definately when they are 10 or 11. as an aside, 91 said the same thing last year about their north and south teams (2023), funny thing about those "equal" teams was Spallina's team practiced and played 10 times more than the other team and was 10 times better.

Sounds like you know better than I do, I was just going off my prior experience with LI Express but it sounds like you have first hand knowledge. I will say this, if my son were in the top 20 out of 45 kids who all practiced together I would be pissed they didnt do a straight A and B team. I dont see any benefit to what you are describing for the better kids only for the B kids who get to train with better kids. The reason my son plays club ball is because I want him to play with the best possible kids around. I would not want to spend $2,000+ to be one of 45 kids. Basically they are going to take everyone who trys out, assuming 45 kids try out?????? Anyway, good luck with it. At the end of the day with LI Express or any other team its about winning and they will ultimately take the top 22 kids to go win, maybe not when they are 9 years old, but definately when they are 10 or 11. as an aside, 91 said the same thing last year about their north and south teams (2023), funny thing about those "equal" teams was Spallina's team practiced and played 10 times more than the other team and was 10 times better.

I don't know about 10 times better. They played each other a bunch of times over the summer. 1st game against each other was a blowout. Last game of the summer was only a 2 or 3 goal game. The South team didn't start practicing until April. Once again, it's all about what the coach wants to invest in the team and how many practices he wants to run. The clubs are there to support the coaches. Some coaches live and breath lacrosse, some have other commitments.
Not 10 times better. All 3 teams were equal. 91 south beat and lost to the HB and the HB lost to the Bandits by a goal at lax fest. Pretty equal. Rumor from a good source tells me Spallina is not changing his team at all this year. I was going to bring my kid to the 91 3rd grade tryouts but it sounds like tryouts are a waste of time for that team.
His team was set before tryouts last year! He knew about 25 kids by name at the tryouts. Most of the kids are younger brothers of players on his older team. The team was made up of 2nd and 3rd graders because they played a bunch of out of state U11 tournaments.

You know it is championship time if you see him wearing his pink shorts and navy blue 91 polo shirt!
Definitely not 10x better. Bandits beat South every time they played but the gap was significantly narrower each time. South was all 2nd graders where Bandits had 3rd graders mixed in. South played HB 4x, beating them 3 times (JDRF and 2x at Laxfest), losing once at Oyster Bay.
Those Pink Shorts and Blue Shirt didn't help his coaching of the Lizards. Lol.
Keep in mind the Badgers only got together in late winter and those coaches got that team playing really good by June.

http://www.badgerslacrosse.com/
Will the HB tryouts be a farce? Will they pick the best players or the ones that are the best connected? Are all positions up for grabs or will the 20 from last years team automatically make the team and they fill in 3-4 more players? And, if there is a B team, who will be the coach?
JDRF was a one goal game. 2 Laxfest hames were played without their top middy. First game, 91 won but the 2nd game was a typical Laxfest run mess. Game started 10 mins late and they only won by a goal in that game also. The HB only lost to Bandits by a goal at Laxfesr. In the Oyster Bay tournament, HB had all their players and won by 4-5 goals.

Bottom line, all 3 of those teams are very close. Good lacrosse at 2nd grade for sure.
JDRF was a one goal game. 2 Laxfest hames were played without their top middy. First game, 91 won but the 2nd game was a typical Laxfest run mess. Game started 10 mins late and they only won by a goal in that game also. The HB only lost to Bandits by a goal at Laxfesr. In the Oyster Bay tournament, HB had all their players and won by 4-5 goals.

Bottom line, all 3 of those teams are very close. Good lacrosse at 2nd grade for sure.

Oh my don't we start making excuses early.

Oh my don't we start making excuses early.

who cares. the teams are good and the games are exciting.
25 kids on the roster but missing 1 middy cost you 2 games?
Honey Badgers this weekend Sat & Sun.

How many kids are the HB looking for? Historically the express has a huge turnout and unfortunately only look to add a small handful. Has me questioning if I should have my kid try out at all

How many kids are the HB looking for? Historically the express has a huge turnout and unfortunately only look to add a small handful. Has me questioning if I should have my kid try out at all

I'm looking at taking my son down to tryout for the Jesters 2023 team. New team, so there is no favoritism and all spots are open. Plus you get five tournaments instead of three, for a lot less money then Express. I meet some of the coaching staff at their Open Session at the LI Sports Hub, they seem to have a lot of lacrosse knowledge and ran a great instructional session for the boys.
I count at least eight to ten different 2023 teams. With 20-23 kids per team, this means the clubs are expecting around 160 and 200 spots open. That is a lot of 8 year olds. Are there even 200 8 year olds on Long Island that can catch and throw? I coached 2nd grade PAL in Nassau this year and can tell you that this number is way high. Plus, many of these teams are holding tryouts at the same time. ie. Express and 91; fl$ and Jesters.
20 Kids per team. All spots are available.

I heard alot of great things about the Honey Badger team last year. Very hands on instructional lacrosse.
HONEY BADGERS TRYOUTS

Saturday, September 7th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm at

The Field of Dreams
74 Camen Mill Road, Massapequa, NY

Sunday, September 8th from 11:30am - 1:30pm at

Kellenberg HS

1400 Glenn Curtiss Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

PLEASE REGISTER AT

www.liexpresslacrosse.com/tryouts.html

Who knows? They are a good team, with great coaches. Worth going to. Every team has adds every year - very few teams need no improvement. Especially now, at this age, as the boys can change dramatically year-over-year.
Long Island Jesters TryOuts

Saturday, September 7th from 8:30am - 10:30am at

Mitchel Field - Oval Turf Field

Charles Lindbergh Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

Sunday, September 8th from 8:30pm - 10:00pm at

Mitchel Field - Field #4

Charles Lindbergh Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

PLEASE REGISTER AT

http://www.longislandjesters.com/2014-summer-tryouts.html
A ton of talent out at the Express tryout tonight. Counted 80+ kids (2023 was combined with 2024) They should get at least 3 quality teams out of this group. Amazed at the skill level at such an early age these days. See you all for day 2 tomorrow.
91 try outs were packed, great presentation , well run tryout , extremely talented players. Probably around 70 kids all 2023 fun competitive day for the kids
A ton of talent out at the Express tryout tonight. Counted 80+ kids (2023 was combined with 2024) They should get at least 3 quality teams out of this group. Amazed at the skill level at such an early age these days. See you all for day 2 tomorrow.

They said 3 teams total to be formed.

If they could, there would be 5. The Chaminade and St.A's coaches make more money from this than they do from their "real" jobs.

$2500 for 3rd grade "C" team! Good luck with that!!!

$2500 for 3rd grade "C" team! Good luck with that!!!

A&B 2023
A 2024

And the money - oh well. Crazy what we do for our kids and the time and money we all sacrifice.
Saturday 3 rd tryout for the HB 2023 2024
Saturday 3 rd tryout for the HB 2023 2024

That is a positive. It means that they are taking the best talent - regardless of where you played or didn't play last year.

A&B 2023
A 2024

And the money - oh well. Crazy what we do for our kids and the time and money we all sacrifice. [/quote]

What's crazy is how these programs have convinced so many parents that this is what they have to do in order for their kid to make it. 3rd grade....seriously?? Are you really doing this for your kid, or for you. Get real

A&B 2023
A 2024

And the money - oh well. Crazy what we do for our kids and the time and money we all sacrifice.

What's crazy is how these programs have convinced so many parents that this is what they have to do in order for their kid to make it. 3rd grade....seriously?? Are you really doing this for your kid, or for you. Get real [/quote]

Not that easy. Bigger brother is an Express 8th grader and little brother wants to be like him. But for the record if you make the team those coaches will give there all. Don't know what the true value or rate should be - but paying above the other rates for a known product is worth it.
Well said.
express has all their guys on here really selling it.
express has all their guys on here really selling it.

Like all high quality products - no selling necessary.
Why are so many parents worried about how the rest of us spend our money? I think deep down many know their son would not make the A team of these clubs and bash instead of facing the facts.

You can't say that playing/practicing/training with "better" players will not make your son better.
What are the better teams for this age(3rd grade) group?
What are the better teams for this age(3rd grade) group?

Bandits and Honey Badgers.
Anyone know if the 2023 "A" team was set prior to today's 3rd tryout? Rumor has it that a bunch of kids were told they were on the "A" team and did not have to attend today's tryout.
Anyone know if the 2023 "A" team was set prior to today's 3rd tryout? Rumor has it that a bunch of kids were told they were on the "A" team and did not have to attend today's tryout.

Really??? I doubt a team would come out and say that. Do I think that the coaches had 60-70% of the team picked out already - of course. Don't pay attention to rumors.

Really??? I doubt a team would come out and say that. Do I think that the coaches had 60-70% of the team picked out already - of course. Don't pay attention to rumors.

Believe the rumors, that's just how it goes. Probably just looking at the last few spots. and of course grab some more money from anyone who didn't make the first 2 tryouts
I know this was a discussion topic earlier on this thread. The Express coaches told us after the tryout that they'll be the 3rd grade Badgers, a 3rd grade B team, which based on what I saw will be pretty good (no 2nd graders & name TBD) & one 2024 team (probably Badgers). So they'll be no combo age groups like it was speculated.
Any news on the Express invites yet?
91 numbers are up. 46 kids between 2 teams.
Any update on 2023 or 2024 teams? How many teams?
Are HB 2023/2024 invites out yet? Saw they have tuition info up on the Exp web site.
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Are HB 2023/2024 invites out yet? Saw they have tuition info up on the Exp web site.

2024 Barracuda invites out. Don't know about 2023 teams or any other 2024 teams

all out.

all out.

Deadline to commit is tomorrow and first practice is this coming weekend.
Who will be playing in the Halloween Havoc next weekend. Right now I believe it's the Bandits and Badgers.
Who will be playing in the Halloween Havoc next weekend. Right now I believe it's the Bandits and Badgers.
Post your game and tournament results from Halloween Havoc in this thread for the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group. Hope that everyone enjoyed their Saturday season opener on the tournament circuit.
Originally Posted by CageSage
Post your game and tournament results from Halloween Havoc in this thread for the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group. Hope that everyone enjoyed their Saturday season opener on the tournament circuit.

Based on Team91 Twitter, looks like 2023 Bandits won the 2023 A Championship.
Outlaws 2023 won the B Championship yesterday.
Outlaws 2023 won the B Championship yesterday.

What a complete embarrassment! Drop from the A bracket last minute to the B to play town teams and win a tournament. Please remeber this when being described as a B level program
Really.... My sons team played the 2023 Outlaws in the final, spoke with several Outlaw parents who said that they were a new team with a few paractices together they played in the B division because they were a new team, unlike most of the a division who have been together for a year +, dont really see the problem with that, its only October and the Bit....g already starting.
No embarassment when the kids never played together except for two practices. Maybe you are just disgruntled.
No embarassment when the kids never played together except for two practices. Maybe you are just disgruntled.

its embarrassing that they consider themselves an A program and post how they won a B tournament. PS its 3rd grade no one has played enough to make a real difference.
Listen there are many programs out there that are new and go with where they think they are skill wise.

What I don't understand is the labels. If you did not play in an A division you are not an A team. You might be the better team in your age for your organization but an A you are not.

You are only an A team until you constantly play in A tournaments. and by consistently I mean 75% of your games. B teams should play one or 2 A tournaments doesn't make you an A team even if you beat 1 or 2 other A teams. and understand just because a tournament says it is an A level don't kid yourself and understand what teams are in your division. Are they A teams or other B teams saying they are playing in A.

Would a rose smell as sweet if it was call yet another name...

Understand this now in 3rd grade and by the time your in 6/7/8th LI lax will get back to were it was and you will all understand what AA/A/B/C/Developmental teams look like.

First of all, I want to say I am not here to bash, but can anybody give information as to why Express 2023 B team dropped out of the Halloween Havoc? I coach my local PAL and know a few kids on both Badgers and the B team. Just wondering. Fire away. Not here to crush the egos of "elite" 3rd graders
First of all, I want to say I am not here to bash, but can anybody give information as to why Express 2023 B team dropped out of the Halloween Havoc? I coach my local PAL and know a few kids on both Badgers and the B team. Just wondering. Fire away. Not here to crush the egos of "elite" 3rd graders

soccer, football, etc. prior obligations and didn't want to play with a small number
Where does it say that they are an A team - as per your standards, Yes its only the 3rd grade please remember that before you try to call out someone about being an embarassment- did your son not make the team or somthing?-
what happened to letting the kids play and learn a game. So what if they played in an A or B or Z bracket or in a A or B or Z tournament - all the teams played, had fun and hopefully learned.
Great reply! Also, to the other email bashing the Outlaws... they were entered in as a B team because they didn't have a goalie that weekend and the kids only practicd twice. It really gets anoying when parents want to bash other organizations. Outlaws don't say they are the best or promote how they want to win all tournaments. The best part of a quality club team is that the players get coached very well and the players get better!! Evidence is shown by the lax colleges they play for when they graduate high school!!
The major goal is to promote long island as a dominant lax breeding ground no matter what team a player is from.
So this thread has been quiet. What teams are playing next weekend at the Fall Brawl Turkey Shootout.
Express- Honey Badgers are playing.
Things not going well for the honey badgers. Several defections post the fall tourneys. Lots of dysfunction. Also there is a huge and growing gap between them and the 91 bandits. One of the reasons they had a recent tryout. Looking for talent and to fill some roster spots.
Things not going well for the honey badgers. Several defections post the fall tourneys. Lots of dysfunction. Also there is a huge and growing gap between them and the 91 bandits. One of the reasons they had a recent tryout. Looking for talent and to fill some roster spots.

And this is surprising to who?

Completely false! Couldn't be further from the truth.

Completely false! Couldn't be further from the truth.

I agree that the above statement is false. Things are in fact going well for the Honey Badgers this fall and winter. Is there a big gap at the moment between the Badgers and the Bandits, yes. Outside of playing the bandits the Honey Badgers have done really well against all 3rd grade and older teams they have played. Lets try and remember here folks that these are 3rd graders, and lets take it easy with the bashing of a quality team with dedicated coaches.
There is a big gap and that's because a few kids
Are just a teeny bit older than your typical
3rd grader. Can you guess???????
There is a big gap and that's because a few kids
Are just a teeny bit older than your typical
3rd grader. Can you guess???????

I know for a fact channy has a few liberal definitions for 2023 on the HBs too!

At the end of the day, 91 has flat out better coaching, gets better results, is more organized, runs better tryouts, has better in season clinics, etc. An occasional exception if you went through every year/team but not many.

And for the record I don't have a kid in either organization but close friends with both so I am as objective as you will get.
RIGHT!!!!!!!!! Sound seal objective. 91 has 2
Teams better.......smash and crush

Keep telling yourself that. 2018-2024. Express always a step (or two behind). Be honest, you have no counter argument.
Express is looking better for 2026. Losers!!!!

Keep telling yourself that. 2018-2024. Express always a step (or two behind). Be honest, you have no counter argument.

Nobody cares, great the four teams that Sal and Joe coach are the best...the kids have proven that on the field - no need to prove that here. You win the argument. Stop making this Montagues and Capulets.
Aren't these 3rd graders??? Who cares about which team is better at this point? All of the kids on all teams in this age group have a lot of growing and learning to do.
Aren't these 3rd graders??? Who cares about which team is better at this point? All of the kids on all teams in this age group have a lot of growing and learning to do.

With the Shamrock on the horizon - everybody will suddenly care. This is an interesting age - because the Bandits are probably the best team, no Igloo at this age, (I don't know why they didn't build on their inertia and continue on to this age) and my guess is a lot teams spent the winter fortifying things to get ready play.

With the Shamrock on the horizon - everybody will suddenly care. This is an interesting age - because the Bandits are probably the best team, no Igloo at this age, (I don't know why they didn't build on their inertia and continue on to this age) and my guess is a lot teams spent the winter fortifying things to get ready play.

Have you ever used the word inertia before or did you break that out for the first time here? That may be the funniest thing I gave seen on BOTC..."build on their inertia" that's brilliant. You should ask your little bandit for a dictionary.

Have you ever used the word inertia before or did you break that out for the first time here? That may be the funniest thing I gave seen on BOTC..."build on their inertia" that's brilliant. You should ask your little bandit for a dictionary.

LOL. Sorry but just finished working on my sons science project with him and thought I use the word. BTW - not part of the Bandits...

An object (a new successful club) that is in motion will not change its velocity unless acted upon by an external force.
Who will be at the Shamrock? I know the Express and 91 will be represented.
Who will be at the Shamrock? I know the Express and 91 will be represented.

There isn't going to be a shamrock this year. Fields won't be ready
How can fields not be ready in 3 weeks
How can fields not be ready in 3 weeks

Back to below freezing next week. They are all covered in snow. Not going to melt and dry out in 3 weeks.
Thanks for the horticulture report John Deere , but most of the snow should be gone after this weekend and I'm sure they can dry out in the next 3 weeks. Why so negative
Not so sure, this morning there where penguin sin my backyard , they wanted to know how much to lease the pool house till May
Thanks for the horticulture report John Deere , but most of the snow should be gone after this weekend and I'm sure they can dry out in the next 3 weeks. Why so negative
Now we all know that you have a pool house.Very impressive, maybe we can hold the tournament in your private indoor facility.
I'm hopeful that the weather turns better in a hurry but looking at the temps next week and snow likely it feels like the tourney is a long shot. Maybe they will push it back a week or two.
I'm hopeful that the weather turns better in a hurry but looking at the temps next week and snow likely it feels like the tourney is a long shot. Maybe they will push it back a week or two.

Can't the PAL schedule starts that weekend after and use a lot of the same fields as the Shamrock.
Which 91 and Express teams?
Which 91 and Express teams?

Honey Badgers will be playing.
Outlaws, Warriors, Badgers & Legacy playing this weekend. What other clubs, besides the 91 Bandits, have a team at this level.
Outlaws, Warriors, Badgers & Legacy playing this weekend. What other clubs, besides the 91 Bandits, have a team at this level.

I know Jesters and True Blue have teams at this age as well
Are the Honey Badgers the Express A team?
They are the H B team!
Not true
Honey Badgers are the A team.
Didn't look like an A team at the Pro Player tournament
Didn't look like an A team at the Pro Player tournament

Ha! Nice try.
Didn't they win the 3rd grade division??
Beat Outlaws By a goal. I am an Outlaw parent. Great game and Express deserved to win. Won Most face offs and came back from 2 down. Its all good. Any parent That comes on here and writes negative stuff any which way is a person that is a complete idiot. Props to Express, and Outlaw kids. They all played hard and with passion. Look forward to years of great Games with them.
Agreed! Both teams played great. It's exciting to see so many kids playing at such a high level at such a young age. All the parents were pleasant and it was a fun day. All of the kids should be proud of themselves.
Did the Bandits play in it? Just curious...
Any of your boys playing in the Christian Koehler Tournament with their town teams?

Nope

No, the Bandits did not play
Beat Outlaws By a goal. I am an Outlaw parent. Great game and Express deserved to win. Won Most face offs and came back from 2 down. Its all good. Any parent That comes on here and writes negative stuff any which way is a person that is a complete idiot. Props to Express, and Outlaw kids. They all played hard and with passion. Look forward to years of great Games with them.

So do I. However, one of your fans, an uncle of a little Outlaw, has a different opinion on the Pro Player thread.
Heard 91 Warriors got thumped last weekend by everyone. What happened? I saw them play earlier this year and thought they were ok.
Heard 91 Warriors got thumped last weekend by everyone. What happened? I saw them play earlier this year and thought they were ok.

They tied Outlaws 4-4 and Beat Legacy, they did loose to Express, but I don't think "Thump" is the proper adjective to describe their day

They tied Outlaws 4-4 and Beat Legacy, they did loose to Express, but I don't think "Thump" is the proper adjective to describe their day

They lost to HB and express B team?
Nope. They were duckin the competition.
They got beat by the Baracudas ( Express B) and got crushed by the HB ( Express A) team. They are not a good team. More if a "C" team or really good 2nd grade team. The Legacy 2nd team would give them a game.
What does that even mean?
Any of your future blue chips playing with their town teams in the Koehler tournament?
What teams are playing in the JDFR next weekend?

Both Express and Warriors

Both Express and Warriors

HDD, True Blue, Outlaws, Tomahawks, Icon & Legacy as well. Some of these teams are combo 3rd/4th so don't what division they'll play.
If you are a combo don't you have to play up?
yes
If you are a combo don't you have to play up?

Who cares. Just line up and play.
I care if my second grade kid plays your 4th grader.... You must not be too bright.
8XZ78X
I care if my second grade kid plays your 4th grader.... You must not be too bright.

3rd and 4th playing, nobody said anything about 2nd grade Einstein. And a 3rd/4th grade combo B should play a 3rd A.

3rd and 4th playing, nobody said anything about 2nd grade Einstein. And a 3rd/4th grade combo B should play a 3rd A.

Perhaps you need to go back to your Mensa meeting... 3/4 should play 4th no matter what. There are 2024 teams (with balls) playing up in the 2023 division here. You seem to want your 4th grade kid to play down...that can't happen. If you think that should happen then maybe you need your kid to redshirt...or go to a couple of clinics.

Teams should NEVER play down! A team/coach that knowingly plays down should be run out of town.

Teams should NEVER play down! A team/coach that knowingly plays down should be run out of town.

This issue is such a hot button. Combo teams like a 3rd/4th team that is a B team can play down in my opinion. Under one condition. It is communicated and agreed beforehand. I think that is what drives people nuts.... The seemingly clandestine nature that teams are placed and matched up. Just state it beforehand, get the coaches to agree and nobody would say boo.
You should never ever play down. If you have 1 4th grader and 20 3rd graders you play 4th grade. That is all there is to it. No opinions, you are cheating because you have one over aged player.
When is somebody going to wake up and make all LI teams age based.
When is somebody going to wake up and make all LI teams age based.

Unfortunately when a younger kid gets hurt by a bully playing down (to keep daddy happy).
These are the US Lacrosse guidelines. I always found it interesting that there is a two year spread.

DIVISION BIRTHDATE
U9 Born on or after 09|01|2004
U11 Born on or after 09|01|2002
U13 Born on or after 09|01|2000
U15 Born on or after 09|01|1998
You should never ever play down. If you have 1 4th grader and 20 3rd graders you play 4th grade. That is all there is to it. No opinions, you are cheating because you have one over aged player.

Age has nothing to do with it. It is grade.
Age has everything to do with it at that age group!!
Age has everything to do with it at that age group!!

Not according to the what group you are playing in. You can be 10 and in the 3rd grade and play 2023. Not agreeing with it, but that is what it is. However, in U9 you must born after August 31st 2004. Age is not the criteria for most LI tourneys, because they are grade based.
Why can't lacrosse do it like soccer now? Everything is aged based and the players have to present photo ID cards to the ref before each game. And why do we still have to go every other year, U9, U11, U13, etc... I know they used to have to do it that way because some teams could not field a team in each age group so they paired them up, but I think at this point in time we could to single year divisions like soccer. U9, U10, U11, U12.....
Just my two cents...
Why can't lacrosse do it like soccer now? Everything is aged based and the players have to present photo ID cards to the ref before each game. And why do we still have to go every other year, U9, U11, U13, etc... I know they used to have to do it that way because some teams could not field a team in each age group so they paired them up, but I think at this point in time we could to single year divisions like soccer. U9, U10, U11, U12.....
Just my two cents...

It is going to take an organizing body like US lacrosse to level set this. Requiring rosters to be accompanied with a players US lacrosse#.
Just my two cents...

It is going to take an organizing body like US lacrosse to level set this. Requiring rosters to be accompanied with a players US lacrosse#.

It's actually going to take the directors and coaches of the travel teams to start following the U based system and not playing in grade based tournaments. But that will not happen because parents are OK with gaming the system and holding back Junior so he is bigger and stronger than his playpen pal in Kindergarten! The parents of the players have to be educated and start holding the travel teams responsible for the safety and level playing field that should be out there. If an entire team wants to play up a year for "better" competition that is one thing, but having your ten/eleven year old play on a 3rd grade team because he started Kindergarten a year late is unacceptable. If you don't want to teach your son to work hard to be better than the next kid, instead tell him to be a bully and just go play with the year younger kids. Great life lesson!!!

We are the consumers of this product and we should dictate how the market is structured. Be part of the solution not part of the problem!
How did all of the teams that played at JDRF to day do?
How did all of the teams that played at JDRF to day do?

Honey Badgers and Outlaws went 3-0.
These are the US Lacrosse guidelines. I always found it interesting that there is a two year spread.

DIVISION BIRTHDATE
U9 Born on or after 09|01|2004
U11 Born on or after 09|01|2002
U13 Born on or after 09|01|2000
U15 Born on or after 09|01|1998

The disturbing thing is that USL knows this is crap and prefaces it with "Teams organized by single birth year or single grade are suggested"

http://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines.aspx

Why do they go into such detail on two year brackets when they are supposedly suggesting single year brackets? I really hope the USL, Tournaments, Clubs, and Recs, get on board with the single year teams until the kids are in high school. U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15 all with 9/1 cutoffs are ideal unless you have less than 4 teams in a tourney, league, etc. Lets stop all the whining and confusion with U13AA, U13A, U13B, etc. each with different age cutoff limitations.
The age question is always discussed but never acted on. Changing to a U- based system with ID cards would change the make-up of teams that have been together for years. It would eliminate kids who clearly should be in the grade above playing down because that's the grade there in not the grade they should be in. Some kids would have to move to older teams which certainly would make some parents unhappy when there kid is not as successfull. While change is always difficult after a season or 2 everyone would be on board and ultimately make for better and safer compitition.
91 bandits win the 7/8A in Maryland!

wow! you made good time back from baltimore on a sunday to post this...

Good for you. Congrats on beating 7 year olds!

what was the competition like?
When you win by so much the games go fast

so you drove 4+ hours to beat up on town teams?

Good for you. Congrats on beating 7 year olds!

It's says 7/8. But it was U9. It was for all kids born after 9/1/04. Born before that and you play, you forfeit the games. None of this grade hold back nonsense. The competition is legit and they have A and B.
Has anyone seen the Bandits play? They are a phenomenal team and it is shameful that anyone would have anything negative to say about this team that practices often and works hard to win. They are by far the best team in the age group.

You just picked a bad weekend to play a tournament in MD. All the top MD teams were tied up in the NPYLL tournament.
[quote=Anonymous]When you win by so much the games go fast

You just picked a bad weekend to play a tournament in MD. All the top MD teams were tied up in the NPYLL tournament. [/quote

Well this coming weekend at the Brine in Ocean City, it has a lot of the better clubs participating from the mid Atlantic plus some LI teams. It says 7/8 A, but it's all U9. Kids born after 9/1/2004.
Has anyone seen the Bandits play? They are a phenomenal team and it is shameful that anyone would have anything negative to say about this team that practices often and works hard to win. They are by far the best team in the age group.

Is this the standard rant from 91 parents? People have negative things to say because of parents like you on here chest thumping about how they are the best team at this age. Sit back and enjoy the ride before you become like the United parents. They are in 3rd grade they happen to be good players outlaws third grade team is pretty good too.
Also the same Bandits team that plays 3rd grade,
2023 lacrosse with a fourth grade goalie...
Keep chest pumping while you break all the rules
Set up a scrimmage
haters
Set up a scrimmage

You should probably get on that, I don't have a 2023 son. My son is 2022 I just happen to see these teams play on occasion. I just don't get why Bandit parents and so obnoxious. This is 3rd grade lacrosse and it is truly one of those situations where you haven't seen the best players at this point. There are plenty of parents who aren't willing to shell out $2000 just yet no matter how good their son can play. Next year some of those kids will start playing travel ball and the entire landscape will change. A little humility wouldn't hurt any of you.
I didn't know they even had a goalie. The ball is never at that end of the field.
Set up a scrimmage

why? everyone's tournament schedules are easy to find. just enter one and play them. i can't wait for our boys to play the bandits. it is a great challenge and motivator for the boys. the bar is set high. btw, bandits aren't cheaters. disgraceful thing to say. they are playing u based tourneys this weekend and last and played up all spring. so you can have 4th graders on the team born after 8/31/04.
So the really good players in 2023 start playing travel next year. Good to know.
Why is it obnoxious to state the obvious? Not saying that the bandits will always be the best team (in all likelihood the same team won't even be together in 2 years or so), but right now they are the best 2023 team out there and anyone trying to find a comparable 2023 team on LI would be hard pressed. Sorry, but the Outlaws are not even in the same stratosphere. Don't feel bad, though, because neither are the Honey Badgers, True Blue, Legacy, or any of the other 2023 teams.
Why is it obnoxious to state the obvious? Not saying that the bandits will always be the best team (in all likelihood the same team won't even be together in 2 years or so), but right now they are the best 2023 team out there and anyone trying to find a comparable 2023 team on LI would be hard pressed. Sorry, but the Outlaws are not even in the same stratosphere. Don't feel bad, though, because neither are the Honey Badgers, True Blue, Legacy, or any of the other 2023 teams.

I know you think you just said something really intelligent but you sound like a tool. You won't know it until 2-3 years from now and you think back about how irrelevant sports are for 8 year olds. I have been there and it is tough to have perspective since you don't know better. Beat thing to do is stay quiet and enjoy, b/c ranking 8 year olds is like measuring your wealth vs homeless people. It's low class and nothing you can say makes it sound interesting or relevant to parents who have been through it, you just sound silly.

I know you think you just said something really intelligent but you sound like a tool. You won't know it until 2-3 years from now and you think back about how irrelevant sports are for 8 year olds. I have been there and it is tough to have perspective since you don't know better. Beat thing to do is stay quiet and enjoy, b/c ranking 8 year olds is like measuring your wealth vs homeless people. It's low class and nothing you can say makes it sound interesting or relevant to parents who have been through it, you just sound silly.

Bandits are the best, who cares. Ask your kid is he happy or is it more you talking about how he is coached by Joe and is on one the best teams around.
They have a bunch of kids older than U-9 just ask threm
We all can admit that the Bandits are a very talented team but my question is how are the Bandits considered a 2023 team when they have multiple 2022's playing on the team ?
sounds to me that they are a blend of 22 and 23 kids. Not a true 23 team. this is why they play in a 2022 bracket... not because they want to but because they have to.
sounds to me that they are a blend of 22 and 23 kids. Not a true 23 team. this is why they play in a 2022 bracket... not because they want to but because they have to.

No worries. As long as their roster is all born after 8/31/04 this weekend. I don't care if they are 6th grade. These tournaments have to get better at roster submissions and make them electronic accompanied with a US lax number.
They have a bunch of kids older than U-9 just ask threm

We should call them the 91 Crabs. All their top teams are loaded with hold backs.
If that is the case it is a shame. Being new to lacrosse you hear a lot about 91, but if the reason is a large group of older players, then not as impressed.
Bandits can't say they are the best 3rd grade team around because they roster 4-5 4th graders. If the Outlaws or Badgers did that, they would probably kick the bandits a$$. The Honey Badgers have 4 2nd graders who play on that team and outlaws as well. Bandits are BS
Bandits can't say they are the best 3rd grade team around because they roster 4-5 4th graders. If the Outlaws or Badgers did that, they would probably kick the bandits a$$. The Honey Badgers have 4 2nd graders who play on that team and outlaws as well. Bandits are BS

The kids are actually in 4th grade? Or are they in 3rd grade and were held back? Not for nothing, but I would gather everyone has kids that have holdbacks, you may just not know it. My own son was a late Nov birthday and made the cut off by days. He was not ready for school. We started him a year later. No one is worried about him, because he is not bigger than his current peers and his skills are avg at best. As long as the teams are playing grade level tourneys, then so be it. We have beaten this horse to death. on this site. When the rules change, then people will have to adhere strictly to them. I personally think it should be age based, as my other two sons play against older kids all the time and it stinks to watch your kid get hit by another that is 50 pounds heavier and a foot taller. However, the rules are the rules for now and I know what I signed my kids up for.

No 2nd graders on HB. A couple hold back 3rd graders from the city.
Not true they have two 2nd grade garden city kids. Real 2nd graders.

my kid's team played team 91 last weekend and they are really good, well coached and kids, parents and coaches were respectful as far as I saw. last weeks tournament as well as beach lax in OC MD are age based tournaments with sept 1 cutoffs. I think NY has Jan 1 cutoff for schools so kids who were born sept - dec of 2004 would be in 4th unless they were held back right? Anyway those kids would be in 3rd in MD and are eligible for u9. I hope they are not bringing 4th graders born before 9.1.04. Also seems like a ton of travel for 8 and 9 year olds
Not true they have two 2nd grade garden city kids. Real 2nd graders.

Don't drag the HB's into this. We just show up and play. Being whoever you want, we aren't about a single game, single tourney, or single year. It's all about developing the kids to be the best.
Ask a bandit parent how old their boy is, you would be suprised - they are legit, they work hard and that's why they win.
Seriously stop the BS, stop making excuses!
[quotin=Anonymous]Ask a bandit parent how old their boy is, you would be suprised - they are legit, they work hard and that's why they win.
Seriously stop the BS, stop making excuses! [/quote]

Nope, probably wouldn't be surprised at all.
Ok coach Andy
Ok coach Andy

Remember born after 8/31/04
Bandits beat the Badgers 6-0 in the Brine Championship. They closed a big gap in the last 6 months. In fact, Badgers beat BLC on thr semis
Bandits shut out HB for championship.
How did the teams that played at the Forsberg do?
Outlaws 2023 played up and lost in the semi- finals in OT to Legacy Thunder... Not an Outlaw parent but they did better than the Outlaws 2022 team, that received a lot of chest pumping last month on this board
Badgers made a Huge statement today. Beating BLC is a great accomplishment. They are a very good club. Heard the Badgers played the Bandits pretty well also..... 2-0 at the half; ended up 6-0. closed a big gap. Good to see these 2 clubs at the top of their grade. No other clubs are at the same level.
Badgers are Improved and did play well, but let's not put them in the same league as the Bandits until they beat them.
It would be nice if they scored on them before you start putting them in the same category
You are right. Badgers still are climbing the mountian. But 11-1 in three tourneys this year isn't shabby. Regardless of what category you are in. See you at Laxfest, good luck this weekend.
It would be nice if they scored on them before you start putting them in the same category

The Bandits goalie was very good.
He should be....he's in 4th grade
for some who claims not to be an outlaw parent you seem to be very educated on the teams the 2023 and 2022 played. SInce you seem to be so eductaed on the subject you probably know that though there was not A or B division there was teams that played against stronger opponents.. The 2022 team played the more difficult teams in the bracket, while the 2023 team played against all teams the 2022 has beaten(beaten pretty handidly) in previous tournaments.

The 2023 team is a very good team And great to see them play up and do well as They are one of the top top teams in there age and will only get better.. just trying to correct the person who is trying to strip up trouble...
Same age as 3rd graders jacka$$!

Go to USLACROSSE.ORG - kids should be group in EITHER age based or grade based groups.....

U9:
All players must be 8 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition. It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, teams should consider physical size, skill, and maturity.

Keep knocking on little kids you tool!
Touched a nerve heh?? Mom/dad
4th grade is 4th grade
4th grade is 4th grade

So for Lax Fest how does this work? Or is it suddenly going to become 2023/U9 eligible. So all 2023 kids and/or born after 9/1/2004. Which is fine in my opinion. actually not a bad idea.
4th grade is 4th grade

I am not a parent of a 4th grader and don't care if my child plays against kids who are a grade above or below if they are the same age (+/- 1 yr).

Nice try troll!!!

Seriously pick up a hobby, read a book, go to the gym, take a class at the local library, do something more productive and respectable with your time than taking shots at little kids anonymously.

Are you going to whine when you child get's to middle/ high school?????
"It's not fair, there are kids who are older.....
4th grade is 4th grade

So for Lax Fest how does this work? Or is it suddenly going to become 2023/U9 eligible. So all 2023 kids and/or born after 9/1/2004. Which is fine in my opinion. actually not a bad idea.

Let's just get to one commen rule set
So is it really so bad that some 2023 teams have 4th graders on the team that are fit the U9 guidelines. Its age appropriate at least.
Yes it is bad because they are cheating!!! They are not playing in a aged or U based toureny. They are playing in a grade based tourney are are not in that grade but are a grade up!!! It is not rocket science here. If you are a 2022, you play 2022 or 2021. You don't EVER play 2023 or 2024. It is simple math that completely escapes the Team 91 contingent!!!
Looks like that nerve was revolt touched. If you don't haves 4th grader stay out of it.
If they say they are a 2023 team but have a 2022 player
What does that tell you? They are actually a 2022 team. As for everything else you said
I don't see you posting your name anywhere on this board. Play by the rules.
Looks like that nerve was revolt touched. If you don't haves 4th grader stay out of it.
If they say they are a 2023 team but have a 2022 player
What does that tell you? They are actually a 2022 team. As for everything else you said
I don't see you posting your name anywhere on this board. Play by the rules.

I don't haves 4th grader, I do have command of the english language and I will not stay out of it. Why do people like you look for excuses? Why can't you accept they are a legit 2023/ U-9 team.

Those boys play hard, they hammered my son's team but I have to admit they were fun to watch. Running the L, behind the back passes and goals, that's skill which is a result of hard work not a result of what they picked up in the classroom. (2nd, 3rd or 4th grade)

Last I checked in a team sport 1 kid doesn't shift the dynamic drastically, so keep finding excuses and telling your son the reason his team lost is because the other team cheated, that will take him far. I will keep telling my son the truth, they work hard and right now are a better team. I will stick to truth, son focus on getting better and we will see what happens next time.

Get real accept reality hard work wins.

Are you going to call me out for a fight at recess once you know my name?

#GROWUP
Yes it is bad because they are cheating!!! They are not playing in a aged or U based toureny. They are playing in a grade based tourney are are not in that grade but are a grade up!!! It is not rocket science here. If you are a 2022, you play 2022 or 2021. You don't EVER play 2023 or 2024. It is simple math that completely escapes the Team 91 contingent!!!

This is getting confusing.....

What do you do if your child gets left back? Or skips a grade?

What if your kid is like Doogie Howser MD? Where should he play?

What about playing up? I have heard of 4th graders playing 6th and 7th graders, and 8th graders playing JV and Varsity, is that ok in your world?

My guess is you wouldn't be making all this noise if your child's team won, right?
Simple question: what grade is the goalie in?
If it 4th he shouldn't be on a 2023 team no matter
how old he is. 91 is a grade based organization. If it's 3rd, that's it, end
of story. As for your command of the English language,
not impressing anyone. You sound like someone
living through your little 3rd grader, or is it 4th grader?
[lacrosse]
Simple question: what grade is the goalie in?
If it 4th he shouldn't be on a 2023 team no matter
how old he is. 91 is a grade based organization. If it's 3rd, that's it, end
of story. As for your command of the English language,
not impressing anyone. You sound like someone
living through your little 3rd grader, or is it 4th grader?
[lacrosse]

If it ......

C- for your response.

Way to keep it classy!!! I bet you curse at your kids too!

Not living through anyone but me, just trying to put things in perspective. Good luck this summer.

#PARENTOFTHEYEARISTHISGUYNO?

Still didn't answer the question.... What graduation
year are ALL the players? If there's one 2022 player
they are a 2022 team not a 2023.
What difference does it make what grade a kid is actually in? My son's PAL team is loaded with kids who are in 3rd grade, but should be in 4th. So b/c these kids were either left back by their schools or held back by their parents, they should be allowed to play on a 2023 team, but a kid who might be in 4th but has the same exact birthday as one of the held back/left behind 3rd graders should not be? If the concern is safety, or some perceived unfair advantage, then the actual grade should not be a consideration at all, while d.o.b. should be the end all be all. There are kids on my son's PAL team who more than a year older, and about a foot taller, than other kids on the team. If I was the parent of one of these younger/smaller kids I eould definitely be concerned for him.
They are a great team and would still be great if their HANDFUL of 4th graders were actually playing in their correct grade. But the question is would they be as dominant? The answer is no.
I am surprised that 91 director doesn't step in and put kids in their correct group.
Bottom line is if you have a 2022 kid or a few 2022 kids you should not be playing in a tournament against 2023/2024 kids.
What difference does it make what grade a kid is actually in? My son's PAL team is loaded with kids who are in 3rd grade, but should be in 4th. So b/c these kids were either left back by their schools or held back by their parents, they should be allowed to play on a 2023 team, but a kid who might be in 4th but has the same exact birthday as one of the held back/left behind 3rd graders should not be? If the concern is safety, or some perceived unfair advantage, then the actual grade should not be a consideration at all, while d.o.b. should be the end all be all. There are kids on my son's PAL team who more than a year older, and about a foot taller, than other kids on the team. If I was the parent of one of these younger/smaller kids I eould definitely be concerned for him.

This is one of the most arrogant positions I've seen on this site in some time. We operate in a GRADE based system, NOT a BUT BUT BUT system. Its fine if 91 or some lunatic parent doesn't want work within that confines. Whats not fine is changing the rules that others are abiding to.

Whats the diffence - the moralit of it. You are knowing doing something wrong and breaking the rules. They are working the system to their benefit.

You are worse.
Listen imbecile, the kid doesn't and hasn't played in a single tournament that wasn't grade or age appropriate. The truth is that the Bandits would have won with no goalie.
That's an insane statement. That goalie kept them in the game. He stuff 3 shots, 2 rang off the pipe and 3 sailed 2 inches above the cross bar. Don't act like the game was a blowout because it was far from it.
The truth is - you put that 4th grade goalie on HB and Bandits lose - shots were even
Step in? the director recruits those older kids.Winning product bring more people and money.
So u want to give him credit for 2 pipes and 3 wide rights.you said he stuffed 2. I wasn't a math major but it doesn't add up.
It was a 30 min game with a ridiculous face off rule (off with the badgers won none). Sometimes you just have to tip your cap
You are misconstruing the statement. The point is that there are several kids on 2023 teams that are currently in 3rd grade, but should be in 4th and should therefore be playing on 2022 teams according to their ages. So, what difference does the actual graduating year matter? Making kids play on teams based only on their graduating year will not eliminate older kids who were left back or held back.
Listen imbecile, the kid doesn't and hasn't played in a single tournament that wasn't grade or age appropriate. The truth is that the Bandits would have won with no goalie.

So he won't be playing in Laxfest. Unless he is with Smash or United.
No I think he's playing with the Lizards that weekend
Let's slow down the game was 30 min running time . The express took the ball instead of facing off(weak) if your really an "A" team you face off. Last point is the Badgers have NOT scored a goal on the Bandits the last three times they have played. Carry on
Get a 2023 goalie and we can talk - if HB has that 4th grade goalie Bandits lose - shots were even
What is this word lose?

HB dad, can you define it?

I bet you can, next time it will be the ref or the field conditions or the sun glare or the ball they used or the tournament rules or the timer or.........

We get it!

You people are really messed up. How about celebrate 2 long islands teams going to Maryland and kicking a$$. How about applauding the hard work both these teams obviously put in each and every week. It was a great hard fought game. Bandits have some talented players and so do the Badgers. That'sca great thing for long island. They are only 8 yrs old. Let them enjoy the rivalry. You crazy parents always ruin a good thing. If these teo teams battle every time they meet and have an great game each time; isn't that what it's all about?

Bandit Goalie is good. Some are the Badgers teo goalies. The faceoffs all ended in a battle at the circle; all good stuff. Great shots by both and great never give up attitude all around.

Enjoy it.
Couldn't agree more, thank you for being the voice of reason!!!!
Here, here great job in Maryland to both teams. You made LI lax proud!!
You people are really messed up. How about celebrate 2 long islands teams going to Maryland and kicking a$$. How about applauding the hard work both these teams obviously put in each and every week. It was a great hard fought game. Bandits have some talented players and so do the Badgers. That'sca great thing for long island. They are only 8 yrs old. Let them enjoy the rivalry. You crazy parents always ruin a good thing. If these teo teams battle every time they meet and have an great game each time; isn't that what it's all about?

Bandit Goalie is good. Some are the Badgers teo goalies. The faceoffs all ended in a battle at the circle; all good stuff. Great shots by both and great never give up attitude all around.

Enjoy it.

Nobody on either of those teams is 8. A couple 10 yo maybe

Enjoy it.

Nobody on either of those teams is 8. A couple 10 yo maybe

Stop it. all 8 or 9.
Thanks for clearing my post up. He obviously missed the point of the message. Sorry, meant 8 or 9
How often do teams in this age group practice?
Express HB typically practice Wed, Fri, Sat
Predictions for this weekend?
Bandits 1
HB 2
Outlaws 3
Predictions for this weekend?

Nice weather, a lot of lax, screaming parents, good refs/bad refs, parents wearing team pride from head to toe, and lotsa reasons why somebody won because they are playing with older kids. All of which that will be aired out here following the events completion, for several days. As for Lax predictions, who cares. The Bandits are the team to beat and will likely face the Badgers in the final. But new opponents are playing and might surprise one these teams.
Bandits 1
HB 2
Outlaws 3

Outlaws ducking lax fest. Wouldn't matter anyway
Perfectly said.
Bandits 1
HB 2
Outlaws 3

It's funny that if a group or team doesn't play in the Laxfest they are supposedly "ducking" it. I don't think they will care if they drop in your 3rd grade rankings.
Who is doing the Tri- Star tournament next week?
1- HB
2- Bandits
3- Who Cares
1- HB
2- Bandits
3- Who Cares

you people need help.
Bandits 1
HB 2
Outlaws 3

Are you really trying to rank THIRD GRADE teams- You need some help, how about good luck to the 8-9 yr old KIDS hope you have FUN and LEARN something.
The bandits are playing against a team that is half second graders...That should be some challenge for them...lol
How often do teams in this age group practice?

Depends on the club or more the coach. We went pretty much non stop from October. The number one question to ask before you cut the check is to get the full schedule. Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer.
Great game today in the A final. Lotsa of emotion, great play and in the end... Bandits won 6-3. Props to both clubs for putting on a great display of lax for 8 & 9s. Please no mudslinging nonsense. It's lacrosse and all those kids left it all on the field, as we should. Let's all sit back and enjoy this ride with our kids. Should be a fun to watch these rivals battle in the future.
Totally agree - these two teams are lucky to have each other to battle - will be a lot of fun watching them grow! Great job boys and congrats to the Bandits.
What about the Outlaws? How did they do at the Big Time Shootout?
i hear the HB coaches have been sending out emails trying to recruit additional players mid summer season. Stay classy express!
Funny that the Bandits coaches have been doing the same thing. Specifically trying to recruit lefty attackmen.
Funny that the Bandits coaches have been doing the same thing. Specifically trying to recruit lefty attackmen.

You are surprised that 91 and Express are recruiting? That's part of their business plan.
Get this, I hear...........................................

Really dude?

GET A F'ing LIFE

Really?

Then get a load of this....................................

You're a DB. Get an effing hobby because you have peaked my man, life has officially passed you by when you start posting " I know you are but what am I ?" responses on BOTC.

PS no dogs in the fight, stumbled along this one and could not give you a pass, you need to be cracked in the face to get back to reality.

That just happened, as you catch your breath and calm down realize I have helped you get your S together.

So before you start hacking out your awesome and witty reply, stop. Get a grip and reflect on what you are about to do.

You will thank me later, I promise, and you're welcome!

Really?

Then get a load of this....................................

You're a DB. Get an effing hobby because you have peaked my man, life has officially passed you by when you start posting " I know you are but what am I ?" responses on BOTC.

PS no dogs in the fight, stumbled along this one and could not give you a pass, you need to be cracked in the face to get back to reality.

That just happened, as you catch your breath and calm down realize I have helped you get your S together.

So before you start hacking out your awesome and witty reply, stop. Get a grip and reflect on what you are about to do.

You will thank me later, I promise, and you're welcome!

Holy psycho. "Cracked in the face"? With no dog in this fight that makes you a total loser or creeper trolling this board
Dude. You have some serious issues. Get a life??? Look in the mirror and say it again. Really. You are F'n a strange dude.
What's wrong with that? Actually a pretty smart idea.
My son is going into 4th grade and did not play travel lacrosse this year. We thought 3rd grade was too young to get involved. After reading some of the posts on here I'm not sure I'd ever want to get involved with this crew. It's really unbelievable what youth sports has become and how it brings out the absolute worst in people. How do we expect our children to grow up to be decent human beings when their role models are the furthest thing from decent?
Hate to say this "have no dog in this fight" guy,
But you sound like an idiot
My son is going into 4th grade and did not play travel lacrosse this year. We thought 3rd grade was too young to get involved. After reading some of the posts on here I'm not sure I'd ever want to get involved with this crew. It's really unbelievable what youth sports has become and how it brings out the absolute worst in people. How do we expect our children to grow up to be decent human beings when their role models are the furthest thing from decent?

Listen to me. I know it sounds like the majority, but it's minority. Without knowing much, the coaches of the Bandits and the HBs are NOT emailing kids and recruiting them. It's likely the opposite, parents are emailing them for their kid to get a look. Both of these teams will have 100+ kids trying out this year, they don't need to recruit. I would bet a $1 that those posts are not coming from Bandit or HB parents. Just people who have nothing better to do than throw nonsense out and see who responds. Travel lax is great for developing skills. Just find the right situation, ask a lot of questions and make sure your child wants to play 9 to 10 months of lax.
with all the independent and college showcases, and abundance of tournaments, these big LI clubs will become less and less important for recruiting purposes. You can just visit the schools you like at their own showcase and take it from there. Not having to be on one of these teams with all the political bs will be a nice option
Outlaws lost to Manhasset. They won the following 3 games.
What teams did they play?
Not sure who else played the Team Turnpike Team, kinda bs the tournament let them play in the 2023 bracket even though they had older players. they basically knocked out all the other teams from contention.
Outlaws 2023 lost to Manhasset 032??
Manhasset32 team. 3 kids who were 6 feet tall at age 9 controlled the game.
and your point is what? Manhasset is one of the few towns that do things right. Always play in the appropriate division (usually A), and play by grade as required. They just happen to have a larger talent pool than almost everyone and play year round. Compare them to other teams that sandbag in B division to win games and you see MY point....
and your point is what? Manhasset is one of the few towns that do things right. Always play in the appropriate division (usually A), and play by grade as required. They just happen to have a larger talent pool than almost everyone and play year round. Compare them to other teams that sandbag in B division to win games and you see MY point....

The talent pool is strong, as is the coaching. But the average age of the boys is definitely several months older than on the teams they play due to holdbacks (mostly fall birthdays which should be in the older grade) and this really helps at the younger ages.
as long as its a grade based there is no discussion
Players are talented but nothing to do with the Coaching. Coach is not that good. C+ at best.
They are good but are definitely NOT the best Town Tournament Team around at that age group.
Players are talented but nothing to do with the Coaching. Coach is not that good. C+ at best.

C+ why so generous. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, scrubs.
Manhasset Team 32 2023 has to be one of, if not the best, town teams in this age group. They can beat any club team out there, except for the Bandits. And, I am sure they would give the Bandits a good game. They are not all hold backs either. I mean, I think they have a few November 2004 birthdays, but not all are held back. Every one of these kids is good. They have great stick skills and really good Lax IQ's at a very young age. I am not from the town so I don't really have a dog in this fight. Most of these kids have older brothers that play on an elite level, and fathers that played high level Div 1. Guys--this is Manhasset. They have been playing lacrosse there for over a hundred years.
Manhasset Team 32 2023 has to be one of, if not the best, town teams in this age group. They can beat any club team out there, except for the Bandits. And, I am sure they would give the Bandits a good game. They are not all hold backs either. I mean, I think they have a few November 2004 birthdays, but not all are held back. Every one of these kids is good. They have great stick skills and really good Lax IQ's at a very young age. I am not from the town so I don't really have a dog in this fight. Most of these kids have older brothers that play on an elite level, and fathers that played high level Div 1. Guys--this is Manhasset. They have been playing lacrosse there for over a hundred years.

OK_- Thanks Manhasset Dad
can't believe RP ranked 8th?? That team stunk!

OK_- Thanks Manhasset Dad

You're funny. Some of the kids from the 100 year town team were cut in the fall. And that team lost rather easily to the Bandits and Badgers.
This great town team lost to the bandits and Badgers in the Fall and would never be able to compete with them now. Not even close. Hags, you needs to find something else to do with your spare time than post self promoting crap about your town team.
Manhasset 3rd grade PAL rosters filled with September / October 2004's and a June 2004. Spread out among their 3 town teams there are (19 ) 2004 birth dates . Most towns may have one or two December 2004's . This is all in black and white so please don't embarrass yourselves when chirping about how good you are Manhasset .
Wow!!!! My entire 2022 team has 2004 birthdays!!! They're all in 4th grade not 3rd!!!! Way to go manhasset!!!!!!
This is why US Lacrosse must adopt a birth year policy. The best way would be a birth year like hockey Jan.1 to Dec. 31st
policy. I don't care if that is not how schools do it. It is the fairest way. There is a reason why the afluent areas are better in lax, most of these areas have a lot of hold backs..
This is why US Lacrosse must adopt a birth year policy. The best way would be a birth year like hockey Jan.1 to Dec. 31st
policy. I don't care if that is not how schools do it. It is the fairest way. There is a reason why the afluent areas are better in lax, most of these areas have a lot of hold backs..

We all talk about it. Everyone wants it. And yet nobody will change it.

US lacrosse has a policy and has been discussed at nauseam on these threads. For this grade its sept 1, 2004, it set this way as many states have different start dates for school.
Unwritten 2023 thread rules. Bow down and kiss the wring of 91 and express, hate on all others..
A lot of talent at this level. There should be a tin interest at tryouts across the Island in the fall.

Clubs with already well established competitive teams:

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

A lot of talent at this level. There should be a tin interest at tryouts across the Island in the fall.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Munch on this 91 bandits like smash and crush are 10 times better than any other team their age, so igloo parent or express parent you can do all the "we only lost by 2" or "jonny was missing or we would have best them" or "I think we outplayed them even though the score didn't reflect it" or "we had 5 off the pipes or we would beat them"... Heard if all, 91 is the best by far and will only distance themselves more year after year. Get used to being a distant 2nd or 3rd. Go to Maryland and realize you aren't even an "A" team, but 91 has some crazy teams.vi have seen 91 play the honey badgers and it's men against boys, not even close.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Munch on this 91 bandits like smash and crush are 10 times better than any other team their age, so igloo parent or express parent you can do all the "we only lost by 2" or "jonny was missing or we would have best them" or "I think we outplayed them even though the score didn't reflect it" or "we had 5 off the pipes or we would beat them"... Heard if all, 91 is the best by far and will only distance themselves more year after year. Get used to being a distant 2nd or 3rd. Go to Maryland and realize you aren't even an "A" team, but 91 has some crazy teams.vi have seen 91 play the honey badgers and it's men against boys, not even close.

Thanks for the feedback. We will all do our best to avoid those teams.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

3rd grade lacrosse !! 91 will always be best team in age group. What you haven't figured out yet is only 3 or 4 of the current kids will be on team still before they get to HS. Will upgrade every year with speed and size!

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Oh good, there is yet another [lacrosse] dad who is living thru his 3rd grader.
Seriously!
Speaking of men vs boys, this certainly sounds like it was written by a boy...or at least one with the education of a boy. Jackass.
Seriously!

Yes he or she is. So immature it's frightening.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

3rd grade lacrosse !! 91 will always be best team in age group. What you haven't figured out yet is only 3 or 4 of the current kids will be on team still before they get to HS. Will upgrade every year with speed and size!

Yeah and look at that money you spent to travel this summer for 4 away tournaments. Just to play 5 minutes and get cut next year.
Another arrogant clueless 91 Dad. Hey 91, you help make our argument when Dad's on your Bandit team post on your behalf. You sound like an idiot.
Another arrogant clueless 91 Dad. Hey 91, you help make our argument when Dad's on your Bandit team post on your behalf. You sound like an idiot.

Well at least I can scratch 91 off our tryout list. Clearly not worth it.

Been there done that.

As the season is in the middle of its peak some folks are seeing the end is near and dreading tryouts. Please do not think playing on a travel team affords you the luxury of being on the same team next year. Each years tryouts will bring a new crop of players. There will be faces come and go the next few years. In some instances whole organizations will come and go. The good part is the families you make friends with will stay with you.

You will see some of them in different colors/uniforms over the years and that is all good. You will cheer for them when you play against them and cheer louder if they are on the field next to you. This road is long, some times you question it but it is a fun ride; as long as you remember the cup is always half full.

Because people come and go never cross off a team to tryout for. You may hear certain things on here but go to the tryout and see for yourself. Another important thing never think you are a lock for a team ALWAYS have a back up. I have been surprised how many did not see the light at the end of the tunnel was from a train. New teams are sometimes the best thing. Try getting in from the start sometimes gives you the fresh start your son may be needed. When we were first on our career search, many of our families use to say you needed stability in a job you cant jump from job to job. We learned jumping from job to job gave us better opportunities. This travel sport is no different.

PS for the rest of the season please ditch the solo cups and get yourself a nice opaque cup. :-)

Been there done that.

As the season is in the middle of its peak some folks are seeing the end is near and dreading tryouts. Please do not think playing on a travel team affords you the luxury of being on the same team next year. Each years tryouts will bring a new crop of players. There will be faces come and go the next few years. In some instances whole organizations will come and go. The good part is the families you make friends with will stay with you.

You will see some of them in different colors/uniforms over the years and that is all good. You will cheer for them when you play against them and cheer louder if they are on the field next to you. This road is long, some times you question it but it is a fun ride; as long as you remember the cup is always half full.

Because people come and go never cross off a team to tryout for. You may hear certain things on here but go to the tryout and see for yourself. Another important thing never think you are a lock for a team ALWAYS have a back up. I have been surprised how many did not see the light at the end of the tunnel was from a train. New teams are sometimes the best thing. Try getting in from the start sometimes gives you the fresh start your son may be needed. When we were first on our career search, many of our families use to say you needed stability in a job you cant jump from job to job. We learned jumping from job to job gave us better opportunities. This travel sport is no different.

PS for the rest of the season please ditch the solo cups and get yourself a nice opaque cup. :-)

The Oracle has spoken. I agree, but watching the behavior of a club will decide where I send my kid to tryout. I will say nothing I saw at this age group this season was so ghastly that I would say "never" to that club. Right now, he situation for my son is perfect gets 15-18 minutes of a game and the instruction, coaching, kids and families are all great. And I know he can be cut, that is the only reason to tryout somewhere else. However, if the coach called and gaureenteed a spot, I would not look anywhere else. Worst part of travel is preparing a backup plan.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Exactly... Munch on this 91 dad. I hope your kid isn't one of the tiny attack men or middies. Early coordination with kids = future disappointment and tons of excuses for dad down the road. I've got 3 sons that have been through it and I can tell you with utmost certainty that the little prima donnas on that team are going to get dropped down to the 2nd team as soon as a bigger kid with similar skills tries out. News flash, most parents don't have their kids try out for travel till at least 4th grade.

Relish these moments and try not to be an obnoxious [lacrosse] to others or your kid when reality kicks you square in your junk.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Exactly... Munch on this 91 dad. I hope your kid isn't one of the tiny attack men or middies. Early coordination with kids = future disappointment and tons of excuses for dad down the road. I've got 3 sons that have been through it and I can tell you with utmost certainty that the little prima donnas on that team are going to get dropped down to the 2nd team as soon as a bigger kid with similar skills tries out. News flash, most parents don't have their kids try out for travel till at least 4th grade.

Relish these moments and try not to be an obnoxious [lacrosse] to others or your kid when reality kicks you square in your junk.

Not to mention 4 out of town tourneys for 3rd graders and you go all the way to the end of this month. Really, do you think that's good? Remember how much kids love summer and having fun doing nothing but being a kid. I don't care how good the team is. NOT worth it for the kid, the family, the time, the money. How many plans have you rearranged around lax, ask yourself.
Honey Badgers purposely run their travel season up through June. They feel the summer is important for the kids to be kids and that family summer plans should not be impacted. They work hard all fall winter and spring. That's more than enough. It's the best model around.
Badgers are winning 2-0 half way through the first half and a 6-3 final with 3 of the Bandit goals coming off manup and the last goal coming in the final minute.

Not even close????? You're an idiot.
I am sure bandits will make cuts to make their team even stronger. Will other teams make those same moves?
That will decide a lot of the 4th grade rankings next year.
4th grade rankings...you are some loser. stop trying to live your life that you wanted through your kids...hope they are not a disappointment like yourself...LOSER!
4th grade rankings.... That's awesome!
I am sure bandits will make cuts to make their team even stronger. Will other teams make those same moves?

Why???? They just rolled everyone at NXT. How much can they add. I guess they'll reload the bottom 3rd of the roster, the ones that don't return because of playing time.

Why???? They just rolled everyone at NXT. How much can they add. I guess they'll reload the bottom 3rd of the roster, the ones that don't return because of playing time.

Did your boy sign his letter of commitment this weekend? I saw the coaches from Duke, Hopkins and Maryland scouting him. He must be a real stud lax player to make the top 9 year old team. There's some serious competition out there in the 2023 group. Was he the little kid that Warrior was trying to sponsor?? No??? Oh, that's right... No one gives a [lacrosse].
Did the Bandits play the Badgers?
Honey Badgers were not in it. Competition was weak. The outlaw team was a 2nd/3rd grade team. Not even their real 3rd grade team. Most if not all the 3rd Grade A teams were 2nd/3rd grade combo teams. Very weak.
OMG. That has to be the greatest response to a post ever. So true and funny as [lacrosse]. Touche'
Rolled over everyone???? You played 7 yrs old, you moron. You must be the same idiot as above. 91 makes comments on this board to help their reputation. This guy is now officially the

91 BANDIT IDIOT.
You can't blame the parents they are just following the greatest gift to coaching you know the girls lacrosse coach
Rolled over everyone???? You played 7 yrs old, you moron. You must be the same idiot as above. 91 makes comments on this board to help their reputation. This guy is now officially the

91 BANDIT IDIOT.

It was in response to the original comment about cuts. The point was that they won every tournament they enter at their age. Why add? Unless to fill a roster spot. Those kids and parents made a huge investment in time and money.
That's an interesting point.
Does a huge investment in both time and money translate into a guaranteed spot on next year's team? I believe, if all is equal, they will lean towards taking the incumbent. However, if you are on the bottom of the roster and there are clearly better players at this year's tryout, do not assume your previous year's investment will carry much weight when selecting the new roster. There will always be people moving to other clubs or new kids who surpass those currently holding the bottom spots. Even this year there were ex-Badgers and ex-Bandits filling other team's rosters and that is only after 1 year with those teams. People will look for greener pastures whether forced, via cut, or by choice.
That's an interesting point.
Does a huge investment in both time and money translate into a guaranteed spot on next year's team? I believe, if all is equal, they will lean towards taking the incumbent. However, if you are on the bottom of the roster and there are clearly better players at this year's tryout, do not assume your previous year's investment will carry much weight when selecting the new roster. There will always be people moving to other clubs or new kids who surpass those currently holding the bottom spots. Even this year there were ex-Badgers and ex-Bandits filling other team's rosters and that is only after 1 year with those teams. People will look for greener pastures whether forced, via cut, or by choice.

As the world turns. I go in with full knowledge my son can be cut. I already asked him if he doesn't make it, which team would he like to tryout for.

91 BANDIT IDIOT.

I love it. BANDIT IDIOT.

I also love that deep down he is stressing about getting upgraded in the fall. what will he do with all the gear? i guess trade it in for Warrior swag
Anyone playing in the Chocolatetown Shootout this weekend?
Anyone playing in the Chocolatetown Shootout this weekend?

Nope. Tourney season is too condensed and too many tournaments. From May through July the kids spend more time playing in tournaments than practicing. That's why you see better play in the early season and really bad play late in the season. This overplaying of tourneys and poorly attended summer practices leads to poor development and kids just go through the motions. If you haven't seen this, you will. There are exceptions, like coaches that play 8+ tournaments and demand you are at practice or you won't play. They lay the law and tell you this before you write the check. Those teams development and get really good. Just is that worth it? IDK...
How often does 91 Warriors practice? My son is on the 2024 B team which has been a disgrace. Trying to see if just our situation or if the norm for the B teams. The 2022 united sounds like a good experience. How is warriors?
How often does 91 Warriors practice? My son is on the 2024 B team which has been a disgrace. Trying to see if just our situation or if the norm for the B teams. The 2022 united sounds like a good experience. How is warriors?

Your son better be A team material and make the Wolfpack next year. You probably need to lighten up if he isn't, because most B teams are not doing that much.

Your son better be A team material and make the Wolfpack next year. You probably need to lighten up if he isn't, because most B teams are not doing that much.

2nd grade B team is the same as PAL.

I would agree with this statement unless "B" teams are paying the same as "A" teams. It all comes down to the coaches and are they willing to put time in for practices. In my experience some of the younger coaches don't want to out that time in.
I hate saying this, but some of the time if your kid is not on A or the orgs top team, it's not worth it. Unless you have a coach who is dedicated to it. It's about 50/50. Point is, if your son makes the B, call the coach before you write the check. Because some 2nd team situations are very good. You don't want the 1st and 2nd fall practices and then see you at the Shamrock.
most orgs will let you come to a couple of practices before paying, if not request it.. they are crazy not to.
Um, this is second grade. Regardless of what you think, most organizations don't particularly care about their 2023 teams. Make sure they are having fun. Otherwise you will burn them out and they may resent daddy by the time it actually matters.
2 more groups for next year, LI Hurricanes and Empire. Hurricanes email says all practices will be at the Hub. Indoor practices in the spring and summer is not enticing.
Director has been a 91 coach and does a camp with the Icon director. He must be thinking that he is missing out on the $$.
do we know if Hurricanes Director is coaching a team? He is a fantastic coach/trainer. I am sure they will practice outside in the spring and fall, but really nice to know you can always go inside if weather looks iffy or on those 95 degree days. I think this team will do well, looks like they are affiliated with DLT also.
do we know if Hurricanes Director is coaching a team? He is a fantastic coach/trainer. I am sure they will practice outside in the spring and fall, but really nice to know you can always go inside if weather looks iffy or on those 95 degree days. I think this team will do well, looks like they are affiliated with DLT also.

They've started recruiting kids in very young grades already.

He brings a good reputation. He should start with 2023 and 2024. Get them built up and add from there. Very hard otherwise, unless you are bring over a whole team.
Who is the Hurricanes Director? Which town is the program based out of?
Brian Okeefe is a Syosset guy
Brian Okeefe is a Syosset guy

Its a 91 based organization- basically like stampede with 91. This is NOT a new just 91 in Disguise
91 definitely runs it.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum