BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/7, fl$, 8:00am
9/7, Jesters, 8:30am
9/7, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 3:00pm
9/7, Express Honey Badgers, 3:30pm
9/7, Blaze, 3:45pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm
9/8, fl$, 8:00am
9/8, Express Honey Badgers, 11:30am
9/8, Jesters, 8:30pm
9/14, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/14, Legacy, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 9:00am
9/21, True Blue, 9:00am
9/22, Legacy, 9:00am
9/22, True Blue, 12:00pm
10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is awesome, a big help. I know you don't have the time but this would be great for each age group.

Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/7, fl$, 8:00am
9/7, Jesters, 8:30am
9/7, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 3:00pm
9/7, Blaze, 3:45pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm
9/8, fl$, 8:00am
9/8, Jesters, 8:30pm
9/14, Outlaws, 9:00am
9/14, Legacy, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 9:00am
9/21, True Blue, 9:00am
9/22, Legacy, 9:00am
9/22, True Blue, 12:00pm
10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is awesome, a big help. I know you don't have the time but this would be great for each age group.
We are working on it, age group-by-age group, on the boys side. This exercise is going to be a one-time only job to introduce the new year threads. (Translation : This is a heck of a lot more work than it looked like when we kicked off the exercise three hours ago!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great. I have been waiting for a 2023 forum to show up. My understanding is that for most of these clubs 3rd grade is the first year that they offer. Does anyone know for the clubs that have posted tryouts so far, which ones fielded 2nd grade teams?

Really what I'm asking is how many of these 3rd grade teams are starting with fresh squads and how many already have a relationship b/c the boys played on the 2nd grade team.

Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great. I have been waiting for a 2023 forum to show up. My understanding is that for most of these clubs 3rd grade is the first year that they offer. Does anyone know for the clubs that have posted tryouts so far, which ones fielded 2nd grade teams?

Really what I'm asking is how many of these 3rd grade teams are starting with fresh squads and how many already have a relationship b/c the boys played on the 2nd grade team.

Thanks!

Great question, but i think the standard answer you will get if they did or didn’t have a team is that they will have independent evaluators that will select the team and all kids have an equal chance. So, in other words – just sign up for the club you think would want to play for, go to the tryouts and post on this later when you get to the tryout with 15 team bags from another town club sitting on the sideline and you never got the “you made it call”. Most of these teams always start with a base of kids – the coach will bring them in and start something. Best of luck

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Lacrosse www.LegacyLacrosseLI.com is rolling out a brand new team for that age group. Check out the website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think fl$ is one club that did not have a 2nd grade team. Actually, only like 3-4 clubs had 2nd grade teams. 91, Honey Badgers, True Blue, Dune Dogs. Plus, the difference in ability between a 2md grader and a 3rd grader is immense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2023 Igloo? Why? Cage can you email that club? I tried and havent recieved an answer yet
Thank you

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
No 2023 Igloo? Why? Cage can you email that club? I tried and havent recieved an answer yet
Thank you
BOTC is not looking to establish a Boys 2023 Club inside of Team Igloo, so how did it become our job to mail the club?

On the Team Igloo Registration page is their "Getting Help" information as follows :

Getting Help From Igloo Lacrosse, Inc.: For assistance with Registration, contact Anthony Alexander (917-623-6509)

You can call Anthony and get all of the required details and express interest in a 2023 team being formed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you

No Team in this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey Badgers 2023 Tryouts Information

Saturday, September 7th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm at
The Field of Dreams
74 Camen Mill Road, Massapequa, NY

---------------------------------

Sunday, September 8th from 11:30am - 1:30pm at
Kellenberg HS
1400 Glenn Curtiss Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams is the express making for 2023 and how many spots are open on the Honey Badgers? The website says they are expecting a HUGE turnout for the Honey Badgers and they had 21 kids on the team last year. How many are they going to carry this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams is the express making for 2023 and how many spots are open on the Honey Badgers? The website says they are expecting a HUGE turnout for the Honey Badgers and they had 21 kids on the team last year. How many are they going to carry this season?

You must be new to LI Express (no disrespect)...Real simple. Express will make as many teams as there are parents who will pay. If you get 40-47 kids they will make 2 teams. If you get under 40 they will make one giant team imnplying everyone made the A team and then collect new kids over the next few months and make a B team. The B Team will in no way resemble the A team in terms of coaching, practice time, commitmet etc. but by that time you will have already made your first deposit. Do yourself a favor and look into some of the smaller programs where they will have one solid team with good coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All depends on the number of kids trying out and the talent level. If they are good they will carry 2 teams for the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% wrong. Was told coaching will be across the grade. Teams will practice together s they should. A second team will be formed if enough kids tryout with skills necessary to carry a successful team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20-22 kids per team; no more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% wrong. Was told coaching will be across the grade. Teams will practice together s they should. A second team will be formed if enough kids tryout with skills necessary to carry a successful team.

Of course you were told this. Show me one grade that has two teams that are equal and practice together with the same coaches. Not just express but any organization. If express gets too many for one team but too few for two they will practice together as they collect more kids to make a B team and then separate the two before the spring. I have been there. I know. And by the by it works well for Expree both finanically and in that they get a look at many kids over an extended period of time to pick the best, but you do not want to be on the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right, it has been the practice of ALL these organizations but I know the HB coaches personally and they do not buy into the large money grab teams. They will have oversight into the entire grade and will practice as a grade. Maybe they are starting to do things the right way. I will tell you that my son played on the HB last year and the experience was amazing for every player. I can tell you first hand; that's where you want you kid to tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so your being told 2 teams of 22 players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right, it has been the practice of ALL these organizations but I know the HB coaches personally and they do not buy into the large money grab teams. They will have oversight into the entire grade and will practice as a grade. Maybe they are starting to do things the right way. I will tell you that my son played on the HB last year and the experience was amazing for every player. I can tell you first hand; that's where you want you kid to tryout.

Sounds like you know better than I do, I was just going off my prior experience with LI Express but it sounds like you have first hand knowledge. I will say this, if my son were in the top 20 out of 45 kids who all practiced together I would be pissed they didnt do a straight A and B team. I dont see any benefit to what you are describing for the better kids only for the B kids who get to train with better kids. The reason my son plays club ball is because I want him to play with the best possible kids around. I would not want to spend $2,000+ to be one of 45 kids. Basically they are going to take everyone who trys out, assuming 45 kids try out?????? Anyway, good luck with it. At the end of the day with LI Express or any other team its about winning and they will ultimately take the top 22 kids to go win, maybe not when they are 9 years old, but definately when they are 10 or 11. as an aside, 91 said the same thing last year about their north and south teams (2023), funny thing about those "equal" teams was Spallina's team practiced and played 10 times more than the other team and was 10 times better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you know better than I do, I was just going off my prior experience with LI Express but it sounds like you have first hand knowledge. I will say this, if my son were in the top 20 out of 45 kids who all practiced together I would be pissed they didnt do a straight A and B team. I dont see any benefit to what you are describing for the better kids only for the B kids who get to train with better kids. The reason my son plays club ball is because I want him to play with the best possible kids around. I would not want to spend $2,000+ to be one of 45 kids. Basically they are going to take everyone who trys out, assuming 45 kids try out?????? Anyway, good luck with it. At the end of the day with LI Express or any other team its about winning and they will ultimately take the top 22 kids to go win, maybe not when they are 9 years old, but definately when they are 10 or 11. as an aside, 91 said the same thing last year about their north and south teams (2023), funny thing about those "equal" teams was Spallina's team practiced and played 10 times more than the other team and was 10 times better.

I don't know about 10 times better. They played each other a bunch of times over the summer. 1st game against each other was a blowout. Last game of the summer was only a 2 or 3 goal game. The South team didn't start practicing until April. Once again, it's all about what the coach wants to invest in the team and how many practices he wants to run. The clubs are there to support the coaches. Some coaches live and breath lacrosse, some have other commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 10 times better. All 3 teams were equal. 91 south beat and lost to the HB and the HB lost to the Bandits by a goal at lax fest. Pretty equal. Rumor from a good source tells me Spallina is not changing his team at all this year. I was going to bring my kid to the 91 3rd grade tryouts but it sounds like tryouts are a waste of time for that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His team was set before tryouts last year! He knew about 25 kids by name at the tryouts. Most of the kids are younger brothers of players on his older team. The team was made up of 2nd and 3rd graders because they played a bunch of out of state U11 tournaments.

You know it is championship time if you see him wearing his pink shorts and navy blue 91 polo shirt!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not 10x better. Bandits beat South every time they played but the gap was significantly narrower each time. South was all 2nd graders where Bandits had 3rd graders mixed in. South played HB 4x, beating them 3 times (JDRF and 2x at Laxfest), losing once at Oyster Bay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those Pink Shorts and Blue Shirt didn't help his coaching of the Lizards. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind the Badgers only got together in late winter and those coaches got that team playing really good by June.

http://www.badgerslacrosse.com/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the HB tryouts be a farce? Will they pick the best players or the ones that are the best connected? Are all positions up for grabs or will the 20 from last years team automatically make the team and they fill in 3-4 more players? And, if there is a B team, who will be the coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JDRF was a one goal game. 2 Laxfest hames were played without their top middy. First game, 91 won but the 2nd game was a typical Laxfest run mess. Game started 10 mins late and they only won by a goal in that game also. The HB only lost to Bandits by a goal at Laxfesr. In the Oyster Bay tournament, HB had all their players and won by 4-5 goals.

Bottom line, all 3 of those teams are very close. Good lacrosse at 2nd grade for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JDRF was a one goal game. 2 Laxfest hames were played without their top middy. First game, 91 won but the 2nd game was a typical Laxfest run mess. Game started 10 mins late and they only won by a goal in that game also. The HB only lost to Bandits by a goal at Laxfesr. In the Oyster Bay tournament, HB had all their players and won by 4-5 goals.

Bottom line, all 3 of those teams are very close. Good lacrosse at 2nd grade for sure.

Oh my don't we start making excuses early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my don't we start making excuses early.

who cares. the teams are good and the games are exciting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 kids on the roster but missing 1 middy cost you 2 games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey Badgers this weekend Sat & Sun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many kids are the HB looking for? Historically the express has a huge turnout and unfortunately only look to add a small handful. Has me questioning if I should have my kid try out at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many kids are the HB looking for? Historically the express has a huge turnout and unfortunately only look to add a small handful. Has me questioning if I should have my kid try out at all

I'm looking at taking my son down to tryout for the Jesters 2023 team. New team, so there is no favoritism and all spots are open. Plus you get five tournaments instead of three, for a lot less money then Express. I meet some of the coaching staff at their Open Session at the LI Sports Hub, they seem to have a lot of lacrosse knowledge and ran a great instructional session for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I count at least eight to ten different 2023 teams. With 20-23 kids per team, this means the clubs are expecting around 160 and 200 spots open. That is a lot of 8 year olds. Are there even 200 8 year olds on Long Island that can catch and throw? I coached 2nd grade PAL in Nassau this year and can tell you that this number is way high. Plus, many of these teams are holding tryouts at the same time. ie. Express and 91; fl$ and Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 Kids per team. All spots are available.

I heard alot of great things about the Honey Badger team last year. Very hands on instructional lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HONEY BADGERS TRYOUTS

Saturday, September 7th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm at

The Field of Dreams
74 Camen Mill Road, Massapequa, NY

Sunday, September 8th from 11:30am - 1:30pm at

Kellenberg HS

1400 Glenn Curtiss Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

PLEASE REGISTER AT

www.liexpresslacrosse.com/tryouts.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who knows? They are a good team, with great coaches. Worth going to. Every team has adds every year - very few teams need no improvement. Especially now, at this age, as the boys can change dramatically year-over-year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Jesters TryOuts

Saturday, September 7th from 8:30am - 10:30am at

Mitchel Field - Oval Turf Field

Charles Lindbergh Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

Sunday, September 8th from 8:30pm - 10:00pm at

Mitchel Field - Field #4

Charles Lindbergh Boulevard Uniondale, NY 11553

PLEASE REGISTER AT

http://www.longislandjesters.com/2014-summer-tryouts.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A ton of talent out at the Express tryout tonight. Counted 80+ kids (2023 was combined with 2024) They should get at least 3 quality teams out of this group. Amazed at the skill level at such an early age these days. See you all for day 2 tomorrow.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard