BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't believe RP ranked 8th?? That team stunk!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Manhasset Team 32 2023 has to be one of, if not the best, town teams in this age group. They can beat any club team out there, except for the Bandits. And, I am sure they would give the Bandits a good game. They are not all hold backs either. I mean, I think they have a few November 2004 birthdays, but not all are held back. Every one of these kids is good. They have great stick skills and really good Lax IQ's at a very young age. I am not from the town so I don't really have a dog in this fight. Most of these kids have older brothers that play on an elite level, and fathers that played high level Div 1. Guys--this is Manhasset. They have been playing lacrosse there for over a hundred years.

OK_- Thanks Manhasset Dad

You're funny. Some of the kids from the 100 year town team were cut in the fall. And that team lost rather easily to the Bandits and Badgers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This great town team lost to the bandits and Badgers in the Fall and would never be able to compete with them now. Not even close. Hags, you needs to find something else to do with your spare time than post self promoting crap about your town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset 3rd grade PAL rosters filled with September / October 2004's and a June 2004. Spread out among their 3 town teams there are (19 ) 2004 birth dates . Most towns may have one or two December 2004's . This is all in black and white so please don't embarrass yourselves when chirping about how good you are Manhasset .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!!! My entire 2022 team has 2004 birthdays!!! They're all in 4th grade not 3rd!!!! Way to go manhasset!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why US Lacrosse must adopt a birth year policy. The best way would be a birth year like hockey Jan.1 to Dec. 31st
policy. I don't care if that is not how schools do it. It is the fairest way. There is a reason why the afluent areas are better in lax, most of these areas have a lot of hold backs..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why US Lacrosse must adopt a birth year policy. The best way would be a birth year like hockey Jan.1 to Dec. 31st
policy. I don't care if that is not how schools do it. It is the fairest way. There is a reason why the afluent areas are better in lax, most of these areas have a lot of hold backs..

We all talk about it. Everyone wants it. And yet nobody will change it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US lacrosse has a policy and has been discussed at nauseam on these threads. For this grade its sept 1, 2004, it set this way as many states have different start dates for school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unwritten 2023 thread rules. Bow down and kiss the wring of 91 and express, hate on all others..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talent at this level. There should be a tin interest at tryouts across the Island in the fall.

Clubs with already well established competitive teams:

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talent at this level. There should be a tin interest at tryouts across the Island in the fall.

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Munch on this 91 bandits like smash and crush are 10 times better than any other team their age, so igloo parent or express parent you can do all the "we only lost by 2" or "jonny was missing or we would have best them" or "I think we outplayed them even though the score didn't reflect it" or "we had 5 off the pipes or we would beat them"... Heard if all, 91 is the best by far and will only distance themselves more year after year. Get used to being a distant 2nd or 3rd. Go to Maryland and realize you aren't even an "A" team, but 91 has some crazy teams.vi have seen 91 play the honey badgers and it's men against boys, not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Munch on this 91 bandits like smash and crush are 10 times better than any other team their age, so igloo parent or express parent you can do all the "we only lost by 2" or "jonny was missing or we would have best them" or "I think we outplayed them even though the score didn't reflect it" or "we had 5 off the pipes or we would beat them"... Heard if all, 91 is the best by far and will only distance themselves more year after year. Get used to being a distant 2nd or 3rd. Go to Maryland and realize you aren't even an "A" team, but 91 has some crazy teams.vi have seen 91 play the honey badgers and it's men against boys, not even close.

Thanks for the feedback. We will all do our best to avoid those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

3rd grade lacrosse !! 91 will always be best team in age group. What you haven't figured out yet is only 3 or 4 of the current kids will be on team still before they get to HS. Will upgrade every year with speed and size!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Oh good, there is yet another [lacrosse] dad who is living thru his 3rd grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of men vs boys, this certainly sounds like it was written by a boy...or at least one with the education of a boy. Jackass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously!

Yes he or she is. So immature it's frightening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

3rd grade lacrosse !! 91 will always be best team in age group. What you haven't figured out yet is only 3 or 4 of the current kids will be on team still before they get to HS. Will upgrade every year with speed and size!

Yeah and look at that money you spent to travel this summer for 4 away tournaments. Just to play 5 minutes and get cut next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another arrogant clueless 91 Dad. Hey 91, you help make our argument when Dad's on your Bandit team post on your behalf. You sound like an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another arrogant clueless 91 Dad. Hey 91, you help make our argument when Dad's on your Bandit team post on your behalf. You sound like an idiot.

Well at least I can scratch 91 off our tryout list. Clearly not worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been there done that.

As the season is in the middle of its peak some folks are seeing the end is near and dreading tryouts. Please do not think playing on a travel team affords you the luxury of being on the same team next year. Each years tryouts will bring a new crop of players. There will be faces come and go the next few years. In some instances whole organizations will come and go. The good part is the families you make friends with will stay with you.

You will see some of them in different colors/uniforms over the years and that is all good. You will cheer for them when you play against them and cheer louder if they are on the field next to you. This road is long, some times you question it but it is a fun ride; as long as you remember the cup is always half full.

Because people come and go never cross off a team to tryout for. You may hear certain things on here but go to the tryout and see for yourself. Another important thing never think you are a lock for a team ALWAYS have a back up. I have been surprised how many did not see the light at the end of the tunnel was from a train. New teams are sometimes the best thing. Try getting in from the start sometimes gives you the fresh start your son may be needed. When we were first on our career search, many of our families use to say you needed stability in a job you cant jump from job to job. We learned jumping from job to job gave us better opportunities. This travel sport is no different.

PS for the rest of the season please ditch the solo cups and get yourself a nice opaque cup. :-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been there done that.

As the season is in the middle of its peak some folks are seeing the end is near and dreading tryouts. Please do not think playing on a travel team affords you the luxury of being on the same team next year. Each years tryouts will bring a new crop of players. There will be faces come and go the next few years. In some instances whole organizations will come and go. The good part is the families you make friends with will stay with you.

You will see some of them in different colors/uniforms over the years and that is all good. You will cheer for them when you play against them and cheer louder if they are on the field next to you. This road is long, some times you question it but it is a fun ride; as long as you remember the cup is always half full.

Because people come and go never cross off a team to tryout for. You may hear certain things on here but go to the tryout and see for yourself. Another important thing never think you are a lock for a team ALWAYS have a back up. I have been surprised how many did not see the light at the end of the tunnel was from a train. New teams are sometimes the best thing. Try getting in from the start sometimes gives you the fresh start your son may be needed. When we were first on our career search, many of our families use to say you needed stability in a job you cant jump from job to job. We learned jumping from job to job gave us better opportunities. This travel sport is no different.

PS for the rest of the season please ditch the solo cups and get yourself a nice opaque cup. :-)

The Oracle has spoken. I agree, but watching the behavior of a club will decide where I send my kid to tryout. I will say nothing I saw at this age group this season was so ghastly that I would say "never" to that club. Right now, he situation for my son is perfect gets 15-18 minutes of a game and the instruction, coaching, kids and families are all great. And I know he can be cut, that is the only reason to tryout somewhere else. However, if the coach called and gaureenteed a spot, I would not look anywhere else. Worst part of travel is preparing a backup plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Exactly... Munch on this 91 dad. I hope your kid isn't one of the tiny attack men or middies. Early coordination with kids = future disappointment and tons of excuses for dad down the road. I've got 3 sons that have been through it and I can tell you with utmost certainty that the little prima donnas on that team are going to get dropped down to the 2nd team as soon as a bigger kid with similar skills tries out. News flash, most parents don't have their kids try out for travel till at least 4th grade.

Relish these moments and try not to be an obnoxious [lacrosse] to others or your kid when reality kicks you square in your junk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 (two teams)
Express (two teams)
Outlaws
Legacy
True Blue
Jesters
HDD
Team LI U9 though

Exactly... Munch on this 91 dad. I hope your kid isn't one of the tiny attack men or middies. Early coordination with kids = future disappointment and tons of excuses for dad down the road. I've got 3 sons that have been through it and I can tell you with utmost certainty that the little prima donnas on that team are going to get dropped down to the 2nd team as soon as a bigger kid with similar skills tries out. News flash, most parents don't have their kids try out for travel till at least 4th grade.

Relish these moments and try not to be an obnoxious [lacrosse] to others or your kid when reality kicks you square in your junk.

Not to mention 4 out of town tourneys for 3rd graders and you go all the way to the end of this month. Really, do you think that's good? Remember how much kids love summer and having fun doing nothing but being a kid. I don't care how good the team is. NOT worth it for the kid, the family, the time, the money. How many plans have you rearranged around lax, ask yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey Badgers purposely run their travel season up through June. They feel the summer is important for the kids to be kids and that family summer plans should not be impacted. They work hard all fall winter and spring. That's more than enough. It's the best model around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers are winning 2-0 half way through the first half and a 6-3 final with 3 of the Bandit goals coming off manup and the last goal coming in the final minute.

Not even close????? You're an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure bandits will make cuts to make their team even stronger. Will other teams make those same moves?
That will decide a lot of the 4th grade rankings next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade rankings...you are some loser. stop trying to live your life that you wanted through your kids...hope they are not a disappointment like yourself...LOSER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade rankings.... That's awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure bandits will make cuts to make their team even stronger. Will other teams make those same moves?

Why???? They just rolled everyone at NXT. How much can they add. I guess they'll reload the bottom 3rd of the roster, the ones that don't return because of playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why???? They just rolled everyone at NXT. How much can they add. I guess they'll reload the bottom 3rd of the roster, the ones that don't return because of playing time.

Did your boy sign his letter of commitment this weekend? I saw the coaches from Duke, Hopkins and Maryland scouting him. He must be a real stud lax player to make the top 9 year old team. There's some serious competition out there in the 2023 group. Was he the little kid that Warrior was trying to sponsor?? No??? Oh, that's right... No one gives a [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Bandits play the Badgers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey Badgers were not in it. Competition was weak. The outlaw team was a 2nd/3rd grade team. Not even their real 3rd grade team. Most if not all the 3rd Grade A teams were 2nd/3rd grade combo teams. Very weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG. That has to be the greatest response to a post ever. So true and funny as [lacrosse]. Touche'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rolled over everyone???? You played 7 yrs old, you moron. You must be the same idiot as above. 91 makes comments on this board to help their reputation. This guy is now officially the

91 BANDIT IDIOT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't blame the parents they are just following the greatest gift to coaching you know the girls lacrosse coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rolled over everyone???? You played 7 yrs old, you moron. You must be the same idiot as above. 91 makes comments on this board to help their reputation. This guy is now officially the

91 BANDIT IDIOT.

It was in response to the original comment about cuts. The point was that they won every tournament they enter at their age. Why add? Unless to fill a roster spot. Those kids and parents made a huge investment in time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's an interesting point.
Does a huge investment in both time and money translate into a guaranteed spot on next year's team? I believe, if all is equal, they will lean towards taking the incumbent. However, if you are on the bottom of the roster and there are clearly better players at this year's tryout, do not assume your previous year's investment will carry much weight when selecting the new roster. There will always be people moving to other clubs or new kids who surpass those currently holding the bottom spots. Even this year there were ex-Badgers and ex-Bandits filling other team's rosters and that is only after 1 year with those teams. People will look for greener pastures whether forced, via cut, or by choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's an interesting point.
Does a huge investment in both time and money translate into a guaranteed spot on next year's team? I believe, if all is equal, they will lean towards taking the incumbent. However, if you are on the bottom of the roster and there are clearly better players at this year's tryout, do not assume your previous year's investment will carry much weight when selecting the new roster. There will always be people moving to other clubs or new kids who surpass those currently holding the bottom spots. Even this year there were ex-Badgers and ex-Bandits filling other team's rosters and that is only after 1 year with those teams. People will look for greener pastures whether forced, via cut, or by choice.

As the world turns. I go in with full knowledge my son can be cut. I already asked him if he doesn't make it, which team would he like to tryout for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 BANDIT IDIOT.

I love it. BANDIT IDIOT.

I also love that deep down he is stressing about getting upgraded in the fall. what will he do with all the gear? i guess trade it in for Warrior swag

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard