BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 try outs were packed, great presentation , well run tryout , extremely talented players. Probably around 70 kids all 2023 fun competitive day for the kids

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A ton of talent out at the Express tryout tonight. Counted 80+ kids (2023 was combined with 2024) They should get at least 3 quality teams out of this group. Amazed at the skill level at such an early age these days. See you all for day 2 tomorrow.

They said 3 teams total to be formed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A ton of talent out at the Express tryout tonight. Counted 80+ kids (2023 was combined with 2024) They should get at least 3 quality teams out of this group. Amazed at the skill level at such an early age these days. See you all for day 2 tomorrow.

If they could, there would be 5. The Chaminade and St.A's coaches make more money from this than they do from their "real" jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2500 for 3rd grade "C" team! Good luck with that!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2500 for 3rd grade "C" team! Good luck with that!!!

A&B 2023
A 2024

And the money - oh well. Crazy what we do for our kids and the time and money we all sacrifice.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday 3 rd tryout for the HB 2023 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday 3 rd tryout for the HB 2023 2024

That is a positive. It means that they are taking the best talent - regardless of where you played or didn't play last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A&B 2023
A 2024

And the money - oh well. Crazy what we do for our kids and the time and money we all sacrifice. [/quote]

What's crazy is how these programs have convinced so many parents that this is what they have to do in order for their kid to make it. 3rd grade....seriously?? Are you really doing this for your kid, or for you. Get real

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A&B 2023
A 2024

And the money - oh well. Crazy what we do for our kids and the time and money we all sacrifice.

What's crazy is how these programs have convinced so many parents that this is what they have to do in order for their kid to make it. 3rd grade....seriously?? Are you really doing this for your kid, or for you. Get real [/quote]

Not that easy. Bigger brother is an Express 8th grader and little brother wants to be like him. But for the record if you make the team those coaches will give there all. Don't know what the true value or rate should be - but paying above the other rates for a known product is worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express has all their guys on here really selling it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express has all their guys on here really selling it.

Like all high quality products - no selling necessary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are so many parents worried about how the rest of us spend our money? I think deep down many know their son would not make the A team of these clubs and bash instead of facing the facts.

You can't say that playing/practicing/training with "better" players will not make your son better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better teams for this age(3rd grade) group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better teams for this age(3rd grade) group?

Bandits and Honey Badgers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the 2023 "A" team was set prior to today's 3rd tryout? Rumor has it that a bunch of kids were told they were on the "A" team and did not have to attend today's tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the 2023 "A" team was set prior to today's 3rd tryout? Rumor has it that a bunch of kids were told they were on the "A" team and did not have to attend today's tryout.

Really??? I doubt a team would come out and say that. Do I think that the coaches had 60-70% of the team picked out already - of course. Don't pay attention to rumors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really??? I doubt a team would come out and say that. Do I think that the coaches had 60-70% of the team picked out already - of course. Don't pay attention to rumors.

Believe the rumors, that's just how it goes. Probably just looking at the last few spots. and of course grab some more money from anyone who didn't make the first 2 tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this was a discussion topic earlier on this thread. The Express coaches told us after the tryout that they'll be the 3rd grade Badgers, a 3rd grade B team, which based on what I saw will be pretty good (no 2nd graders & name TBD) & one 2024 team (probably Badgers). So they'll be no combo age groups like it was speculated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news on the Express invites yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 numbers are up. 46 kids between 2 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update on 2023 or 2024 teams? How many teams?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are HB 2023/2024 invites out yet? Saw they have tuition info up on the Exp web site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Are HB 2023/2024 invites out yet? Saw they have tuition info up on the Exp web site.

2024 Barracuda invites out. Don't know about 2023 teams or any other 2024 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all out.

Deadline to commit is tomorrow and first practice is this coming weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be playing in the Halloween Havoc next weekend. Right now I believe it's the Bandits and Badgers.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Who will be playing in the Halloween Havoc next weekend. Right now I believe it's the Bandits and Badgers.
Post your game and tournament results from Halloween Havoc in this thread for the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group. Hope that everyone enjoyed their Saturday season opener on the tournament circuit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Post your game and tournament results from Halloween Havoc in this thread for the Boys 2023 (3rd Grade) age group. Hope that everyone enjoyed their Saturday season opener on the tournament circuit.

Based on Team91 Twitter, looks like 2023 Bandits won the 2023 A Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws 2023 won the B Championship yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws 2023 won the B Championship yesterday.

What a complete embarrassment! Drop from the A bracket last minute to the B to play town teams and win a tournament. Please remeber this when being described as a B level program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really.... My sons team played the 2023 Outlaws in the final, spoke with several Outlaw parents who said that they were a new team with a few paractices together they played in the B division because they were a new team, unlike most of the a division who have been together for a year +, dont really see the problem with that, its only October and the Bit....g already starting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No embarassment when the kids never played together except for two practices. Maybe you are just disgruntled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No embarassment when the kids never played together except for two practices. Maybe you are just disgruntled.

its embarrassing that they consider themselves an A program and post how they won a B tournament. PS its 3rd grade no one has played enough to make a real difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen there are many programs out there that are new and go with where they think they are skill wise.

What I don't understand is the labels. If you did not play in an A division you are not an A team. You might be the better team in your age for your organization but an A you are not.

You are only an A team until you constantly play in A tournaments. and by consistently I mean 75% of your games. B teams should play one or 2 A tournaments doesn't make you an A team even if you beat 1 or 2 other A teams. and understand just because a tournament says it is an A level don't kid yourself and understand what teams are in your division. Are they A teams or other B teams saying they are playing in A.

Would a rose smell as sweet if it was call yet another name...

Understand this now in 3rd grade and by the time your in 6/7/8th LI lax will get back to were it was and you will all understand what AA/A/B/C/Developmental teams look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, I want to say I am not here to bash, but can anybody give information as to why Express 2023 B team dropped out of the Halloween Havoc? I coach my local PAL and know a few kids on both Badgers and the B team. Just wondering. Fire away. Not here to crush the egos of "elite" 3rd graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, I want to say I am not here to bash, but can anybody give information as to why Express 2023 B team dropped out of the Halloween Havoc? I coach my local PAL and know a few kids on both Badgers and the B team. Just wondering. Fire away. Not here to crush the egos of "elite" 3rd graders

soccer, football, etc. prior obligations and didn't want to play with a small number

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does it say that they are an A team - as per your standards, Yes its only the 3rd grade please remember that before you try to call out someone about being an embarassment- did your son not make the team or somthing?-
what happened to letting the kids play and learn a game. So what if they played in an A or B or Z bracket or in a A or B or Z tournament - all the teams played, had fun and hopefully learned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great reply! Also, to the other email bashing the Outlaws... they were entered in as a B team because they didn't have a goalie that weekend and the kids only practicd twice. It really gets anoying when parents want to bash other organizations. Outlaws don't say they are the best or promote how they want to win all tournaments. The best part of a quality club team is that the players get coached very well and the players get better!! Evidence is shown by the lax colleges they play for when they graduate high school!!
The major goal is to promote long island as a dominant lax breeding ground no matter what team a player is from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this thread has been quiet. What teams are playing next weekend at the Fall Brawl Turkey Shootout.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard