BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the Chocolatetown Shootout this weekend?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone playing in the Chocolatetown Shootout this weekend?

Nope. Tourney season is too condensed and too many tournaments. From May through July the kids spend more time playing in tournaments than practicing. That's why you see better play in the early season and really bad play late in the season. This overplaying of tourneys and poorly attended summer practices leads to poor development and kids just go through the motions. If you haven't seen this, you will. There are exceptions, like coaches that play 8+ tournaments and demand you are at practice or you won't play. They lay the law and tell you this before you write the check. Those teams development and get really good. Just is that worth it? IDK...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often does 91 Warriors practice? My son is on the 2024 B team which has been a disgrace. Trying to see if just our situation or if the norm for the B teams. The 2022 united sounds like a good experience. How is warriors?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often does 91 Warriors practice? My son is on the 2024 B team which has been a disgrace. Trying to see if just our situation or if the norm for the B teams. The 2022 united sounds like a good experience. How is warriors?

Your son better be A team material and make the Wolfpack next year. You probably need to lighten up if he isn't, because most B teams are not doing that much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son better be A team material and make the Wolfpack next year. You probably need to lighten up if he isn't, because most B teams are not doing that much.

2nd grade B team is the same as PAL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with this statement unless "B" teams are paying the same as "A" teams. It all comes down to the coaches and are they willing to put time in for practices. In my experience some of the younger coaches don't want to out that time in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate saying this, but some of the time if your kid is not on A or the orgs top team, it's not worth it. Unless you have a coach who is dedicated to it. It's about 50/50. Point is, if your son makes the B, call the coach before you write the check. Because some 2nd team situations are very good. You don't want the 1st and 2nd fall practices and then see you at the Shamrock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most orgs will let you come to a couple of practices before paying, if not request it.. they are crazy not to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, this is second grade. Regardless of what you think, most organizations don't particularly care about their 2023 teams. Make sure they are having fun. Otherwise you will burn them out and they may resent daddy by the time it actually matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 more groups for next year, LI Hurricanes and Empire. Hurricanes email says all practices will be at the Hub. Indoor practices in the spring and summer is not enticing.
Director has been a 91 coach and does a camp with the Icon director. He must be thinking that he is missing out on the $$.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do we know if Hurricanes Director is coaching a team? He is a fantastic coach/trainer. I am sure they will practice outside in the spring and fall, but really nice to know you can always go inside if weather looks iffy or on those 95 degree days. I think this team will do well, looks like they are affiliated with DLT also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do we know if Hurricanes Director is coaching a team? He is a fantastic coach/trainer. I am sure they will practice outside in the spring and fall, but really nice to know you can always go inside if weather looks iffy or on those 95 degree days. I think this team will do well, looks like they are affiliated with DLT also.

They've started recruiting kids in very young grades already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He brings a good reputation. He should start with 2023 and 2024. Get them built up and add from there. Very hard otherwise, unless you are bring over a whole team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the Hurricanes Director? Which town is the program based out of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian Okeefe is a Syosset guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian Okeefe is a Syosset guy

Its a 91 based organization- basically like stampede with 91. This is NOT a new just 91 in Disguise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 definitely runs it.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard