BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the Bandits play in it? Just curious...

Nope

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Bandits play in it? Just curious...

No, the Bandits did not play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat Outlaws By a goal. I am an Outlaw parent. Great game and Express deserved to win. Won Most face offs and came back from 2 down. Its all good. Any parent That comes on here and writes negative stuff any which way is a person that is a complete idiot. Props to Express, and Outlaw kids. They all played hard and with passion. Look forward to years of great Games with them.

So do I. However, one of your fans, an uncle of a little Outlaw, has a different opinion on the Pro Player thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 91 Warriors got thumped last weekend by everyone. What happened? I saw them play earlier this year and thought they were ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 91 Warriors got thumped last weekend by everyone. What happened? I saw them play earlier this year and thought they were ok.

They tied Outlaws 4-4 and Beat Legacy, they did loose to Express, but I don't think "Thump" is the proper adjective to describe their day

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They tied Outlaws 4-4 and Beat Legacy, they did loose to Express, but I don't think "Thump" is the proper adjective to describe their day

They lost to HB and express B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. They were duckin the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got beat by the Baracudas ( Express B) and got crushed by the HB ( Express A) team. They are not a good team. More if a "C" team or really good 2nd grade team. The Legacy 2nd team would give them a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that even mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of your future blue chips playing with their town teams in the Koehler tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in the JDFR next weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both Express and Warriors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both Express and Warriors

HDD, True Blue, Outlaws, Tomahawks, Icon & Legacy as well. Some of these teams are combo 3rd/4th so don't what division they'll play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a combo don't you have to play up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a combo don't you have to play up?

Who cares. Just line up and play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I care if my second grade kid plays your 4th grader.... You must not be too bright.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8XZ78X

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I care if my second grade kid plays your 4th grader.... You must not be too bright.

3rd and 4th playing, nobody said anything about 2nd grade Einstein. And a 3rd/4th grade combo B should play a 3rd A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3rd and 4th playing, nobody said anything about 2nd grade Einstein. And a 3rd/4th grade combo B should play a 3rd A.

Perhaps you need to go back to your Mensa meeting... 3/4 should play 4th no matter what. There are 2024 teams (with balls) playing up in the 2023 division here. You seem to want your 4th grade kid to play down...that can't happen. If you think that should happen then maybe you need your kid to redshirt...or go to a couple of clinics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams should NEVER play down! A team/coach that knowingly plays down should be run out of town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams should NEVER play down! A team/coach that knowingly plays down should be run out of town.

This issue is such a hot button. Combo teams like a 3rd/4th team that is a B team can play down in my opinion. Under one condition. It is communicated and agreed beforehand. I think that is what drives people nuts.... The seemingly clandestine nature that teams are placed and matched up. Just state it beforehand, get the coaches to agree and nobody would say boo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should never ever play down. If you have 1 4th grader and 20 3rd graders you play 4th grade. That is all there is to it. No opinions, you are cheating because you have one over aged player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is somebody going to wake up and make all LI teams age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is somebody going to wake up and make all LI teams age based.

Unfortunately when a younger kid gets hurt by a bully playing down (to keep daddy happy).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the US Lacrosse guidelines. I always found it interesting that there is a two year spread.

DIVISION BIRTHDATE
U9 Born on or after 09|01|2004
U11 Born on or after 09|01|2002
U13 Born on or after 09|01|2000
U15 Born on or after 09|01|1998

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should never ever play down. If you have 1 4th grader and 20 3rd graders you play 4th grade. That is all there is to it. No opinions, you are cheating because you have one over aged player.

Age has nothing to do with it. It is grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age has everything to do with it at that age group!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age has everything to do with it at that age group!!

Not according to the what group you are playing in. You can be 10 and in the 3rd grade and play 2023. Not agreeing with it, but that is what it is. However, in U9 you must born after August 31st 2004. Age is not the criteria for most LI tourneys, because they are grade based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't lacrosse do it like soccer now? Everything is aged based and the players have to present photo ID cards to the ref before each game. And why do we still have to go every other year, U9, U11, U13, etc... I know they used to have to do it that way because some teams could not field a team in each age group so they paired them up, but I think at this point in time we could to single year divisions like soccer. U9, U10, U11, U12.....
Just my two cents...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't lacrosse do it like soccer now? Everything is aged based and the players have to present photo ID cards to the ref before each game. And why do we still have to go every other year, U9, U11, U13, etc... I know they used to have to do it that way because some teams could not field a team in each age group so they paired them up, but I think at this point in time we could to single year divisions like soccer. U9, U10, U11, U12.....
Just my two cents...

It is going to take an organizing body like US lacrosse to level set this. Requiring rosters to be accompanied with a players US lacrosse#.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my two cents...

It is going to take an organizing body like US lacrosse to level set this. Requiring rosters to be accompanied with a players US lacrosse#.

It's actually going to take the directors and coaches of the travel teams to start following the U based system and not playing in grade based tournaments. But that will not happen because parents are OK with gaming the system and holding back Junior so he is bigger and stronger than his playpen pal in Kindergarten! The parents of the players have to be educated and start holding the travel teams responsible for the safety and level playing field that should be out there. If an entire team wants to play up a year for "better" competition that is one thing, but having your ten/eleven year old play on a 3rd grade team because he started Kindergarten a year late is unacceptable. If you don't want to teach your son to work hard to be better than the next kid, instead tell him to be a bully and just go play with the year younger kids. Great life lesson!!!

We are the consumers of this product and we should dictate how the market is structured. Be part of the solution not part of the problem!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all of the teams that played at JDRF to day do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all of the teams that played at JDRF to day do?

Honey Badgers and Outlaws went 3-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the US Lacrosse guidelines. I always found it interesting that there is a two year spread.

DIVISION BIRTHDATE
U9 Born on or after 09|01|2004
U11 Born on or after 09|01|2002
U13 Born on or after 09|01|2000
U15 Born on or after 09|01|1998

The disturbing thing is that USL knows this is crap and prefaces it with "Teams organized by single birth year or single grade are suggested"

http://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines.aspx

Why do they go into such detail on two year brackets when they are supposedly suggesting single year brackets? I really hope the USL, Tournaments, Clubs, and Recs, get on board with the single year teams until the kids are in high school. U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15 all with 9/1 cutoffs are ideal unless you have less than 4 teams in a tourney, league, etc. Lets stop all the whining and confusion with U13AA, U13A, U13B, etc. each with different age cutoff limitations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age question is always discussed but never acted on. Changing to a U- based system with ID cards would change the make-up of teams that have been together for years. It would eliminate kids who clearly should be in the grade above playing down because that's the grade there in not the grade they should be in. Some kids would have to move to older teams which certainly would make some parents unhappy when there kid is not as successfull. While change is always difficult after a season or 2 everyone would be on board and ultimately make for better and safer compitition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bandits win the 7/8A in Maryland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow! you made good time back from baltimore on a sunday to post this...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for you. Congrats on beating 7 year olds!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what was the competition like?

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard