Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 01/27/21 10:12 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 01/27/21 09:59 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 01/27/21 09:56 AM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 01/27/21 09:53 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 01/27/21 09:49 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,210
Posts280,639
Members2,239
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45198 10/16/13 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unless its specific to lacrosse its irrelevant? Ok Doc. Take two minutes to google "one sport kids injury" instead of posting silliness.


Clearly your suffering from way to many hits to the head.Hey, send your kid out to play football, good luck to you. By the way, they're talking about little kids playing one sport. Not college bound athletes. Hope your kid doesn't inherit your reading comprehension skills... Could be a tough go on the SAT's. Any parent who lets there committed D1 lax player continue to play football is mentally challenged. If the college coach says he wants him to, you tell him NO...


Who are you targeting your stupid post towards. No one at home for you to talk down to? They all leave you already? Have a Coors and some Mac n cheese and relax while you watch Springer.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45327 10/17/13 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like the level headed posts are the ones who see the silliness in year round gladiator training for kids. As for the proponents their posts speak for themselves!

Just an observation.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45339 10/18/13 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like the level headed posts are the ones who see the silliness in year round gladiator training for kids. As for the proponents their posts speak for themselves!

Just an observation.


Your observation is distorted. In my posts above, I'm not advocating for year round, all lax all the time for young kids or any other kid. Not sure where you see that. What I am saying is that no amount of football played will ever help your son or anyone else's son improve his off hand. Especially, when that kid is in his HS years. Further, there is a disconnect between lacrosse and other sports. Please show me where college basketball and football coaches are encouraging/demanding one of their recruits to play lacrosse in the spring to get better at basketball or football. You can't, because it never happens. Why? Because no amount of lacrosse played, will help you improve your free throw percentage. However, practicing 500 free throws a day in the off-season will. it's called muscle memory. Why is this so hard to understand? Again, for the reading comprehension challenged among you, I'm not talking about little kids here, only college bound men. The over use injuries refer to young kids. I agree these kids should play multiple sports as long as they want to and as long as the potential benefit out weighs the risks. Especially with a second sport like football. Silliness? I don't think so. Ok, now you can post your demeaning child like response.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45403 10/18/13 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!! Play as many sports as you can growing up and then stick with one you love especially when you are college bound in that sport great example muscle memory shooting a basket and face offs to name a few.. No basketball coach says great you are playing lax all summer and can't make the summer league games or tournaments in basketball no way that happens in h.s.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45404 10/18/13 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best oveall well rounded players are natural athletes that are at the top of every team they play on. Different coaching techniques, footwork, drills and exercise make a more well rounded player and better thinkers and leaders. If nothing else, limited contact sports (not football) helps keep the fitness up for lax season. Look at most any D1 players bio and most all played 2 sports in HS with many playing 3

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45420 10/19/13 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like the level headed posts are the ones who see the silliness in year round gladiator training for kids. As for the proponents their posts speak for themselves!

Just an observation.


Your observation is distorted. In my posts above, I'm not advocating for year round, all lax all the time for young kids or any other kid. Not sure where you see that. What I am saying is that no amount of football played will ever help your son or anyone else's son improve his off hand. Especially, when that kid is in his HS years. Further, there is a disconnect between lacrosse and other sports. Please show me where college basketball and football coaches are encouraging/demanding one of their recruits to play lacrosse in the spring to get better at basketball or football. You can't, because it never happens. Why? Because no amount of lacrosse played, will help you improve your free throw percentage. However, practicing 500 free throws a day in the off-season will. it's called muscle memory. Why is this so hard to understand? Again, for the reading comprehension challenged among you, I'm not talking about little kids here, only college bound men. The over use injuries refer to young kids. I agree these kids should play multiple sports as long as they want to and as long as the potential benefit out weighs the risks. Especially with a second sport like football. Silliness? I don't think so. Ok, now you can post your demeaning child like response.


Funny how spent so much time thinking and typing your post only to ruin it by adding language like "for the reading comprehension challenged among you" and "post your demeaning child like response". It may be the reason no one chooses to thoroughly read your post or care enough to understand them. Too bad for you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45436 10/19/13 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best oveall well rounded players are natural athletes that are at the top of every team they play on. Different coaching techniques, footwork, drills and exercise make a more well rounded player and better thinkers and leaders. If nothing else, limited contact sports (not football) helps keep the fitness up for lax season. Look at most any D1 players bio and most all played 2 sports in HS with many playing 3


That's right!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45481 10/20/13 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all those trying out for YJ.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45935 10/23/13 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the following happen in your town? "For profit" lacrosse clubs use the fields at my local high school without paying a dime to the school district.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45945 10/23/13 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does the following happen in your town? "For profit" lacrosse clubs use the fields at my local high school without paying a dime to the school district.


Absolutely, all the time and it's very frustrating, If they even have one kid from our town on the team that's a lot, at least if they had a majority it wouldn't be as annoying. No permits to practice there but you can bet if any of the kids get hurt at that field they will try to bring a lawsuit against the school district.... It's a joke.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #45950 10/23/13 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most districts require 50% of the kids be from the school. Board members of PAL clubs that are double dipping with travel teams as coaches are ussually the ones that are bending/breaking the rules and tearing up our school fields.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #46004 10/23/13 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most districts require 50% of the kids be from the school. Board members of PAL clubs that are double dipping with travel teams as coaches are ussually the ones that are bending/breaking the rules and tearing up our school fields.


Tearing up the fields? Are you guys kidding me? Would you rather the kids sit on their [lacrosse] and play video games? Are the fields supposed to sit empty and unused? Where is anyone supposed to practice? If I am from Mt Sinai do I need to pay a fee to use Farmingdale's track to walk or run on? Of course not. Your argument is really off base. I applaud these coaches for keeping the kids organized and playing because it sounds as if they were not participating in these practices and wandering the street you all would complain about that as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #46040 10/24/13 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual someone has to go to the other extreme.

And no if you are from Mt Sinai you are not supposed to use Farmingdales track (unless you work in the town). I believe and Sage can look this up, if you live or work in a municipality you can for your personal use; use that municipalities fields.


I agree there is not enough field to practice on and some of these programs do abuse the usage. I also understand the question why am I paying for the use if I am paying for it in my taxes.

But the bottom line is, if it is school property you really do not have carte blanche to use it, (especially for a group) even if your tax paying dollars are paying for it.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most districts require 50% of the kids be from the school. Board members of PAL clubs that are double dipping with travel teams as coaches are ussually the ones that are bending/breaking the rules and tearing up our school fields.


Tearing up the fields? Are you guys kidding me? Would you rather the kids sit on their [lacrosse] and play video games? Are the fields supposed to sit empty and unused? Where is anyone supposed to practice? If I am from Mt Sinai do I need to pay a fee to use Farmingdale's track to walk or run on? Of course not. Your argument is really off base. I applaud these coaches for keeping the kids organized and playing because it sounds as if they were not participating in these practices and wandering the street you all would complain about that as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #46042 10/24/13 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using town and school fields require a permit. Even pal teams get a permit and times the fields are available for use.Case closed-that's how it works.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
Anonymous #46115 10/25/13 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also it is important to recognize that the groups and/or clubs are still performing a service for these kids even though it may be paid for that service. I think they should be permitted to use the fields (with a permit ifrequired) at no cost.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4