BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,376
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 64 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People need to stop pretending the Circuit is 'on age' with 3 'exceptions.' That is simply not true. Some Circuit teams have 8-10 kids who are over age. Doesn't bode well for the supposed age-based reforms coming if they are so easily flouted and ignored.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
National teams are great for players from non-hotbed areas. They get an opportunity to see how they stack up against tough teams and hopefully get some great coaching along the way. I don’t see how it makes sense for kids from areas that provide the option to play elite lacrosse locally or regionally. Interested to hear from parents on the inside. We live/play in MD and not sure if a national team is worth it. Do you play on a local Md team and a national team?

My son plays on a quality club program in Maryland as well as on a national team (not Nationals).

We do it because he gets a chance to play in a different role and to hear a coach with a different voice / philosophy. Most importantly, we do it because he has fun playing on another team.

We have no preconceived notions that playing on a national team will lead to a scholarship.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it necessary to develop your kid if he's a good athlete? No. Can it still be fun and rewarding? Absolutely.

Thanks for the sincere reply. If my kid wanted to play on a National team I would consider it but probably drop the local team. How difficult has the travel, time, and money commitment been doing both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I was at a tournament in Maryland. I am newer to lacrosse however I love watching higher level talent and teams. My son is a 29 and plays in the elite divisions. With that being said saw a lot of good teams play and some that rightfully beat my sons team. No excuses there. I was however, humorously distracted by parents of all sorts of the sidelines. The commentary was hilarious. From the drunk dads and moms flexing their lax speak, to the "Al Bundys" of the world who are reliving their youth, to the parents that are waiting for the games to be over because they have a long drive home, oh and so much more. There should be a thread of funny experiences on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I heard a parent say wow those kids a really big how old are they. A mom started ranting "Why do they always ask how old they are. They're always asking how old they are?" Another person asked well how old are they. The mom preceded to respond "That's none of your business!" as she stormed off. I laughed out loud just couldn't hold it in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I talked to a parent this weekend who's son play for a club team that has a National team. The son made the national team and is required to play on the club team as well. He can not play for the national team and play for any other unaffiliated club team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National teams are great for players from non-hotbed areas. They get an opportunity to see how they stack up against tough teams and hopefully get some great coaching along the way. I don’t see how it makes sense for kids from areas that provide the option to play elite lacrosse locally or regionally. Interested to hear from parents on the inside. We live/play in MD and not sure if a national team is worth it. Do you play on a local Md team and a national team?

My son plays on a quality club program in Maryland as well as on a national team (not Nationals).

We do it because he gets a chance to play in a different role and to hear a coach with a different voice / philosophy. Most importantly, we do it because he has fun playing on another team.

We have no preconceived notions that playing on a national team will lead to a scholarship.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it necessary to develop your kid if he's a good athlete? No. Can it still be fun and rewarding? Absolutely.

Thanks for the sincere reply. If my kid wanted to play on a National team I would consider it but probably drop the local team. How difficult has the travel, time, and money commitment been doing both?

Do not drop the local team. National teams do not have the same sort of practice schedule as local team. Get the reps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do not drop the local team. National teams do not have the same sort of practice schedule as local team. Get the reps.

As previously posted, National teams are best for kids that live in areas without strong local lacrosse. These players can attend good tournaments and test their abilities. Most national teams are expensive and you put travel costs on top, you’re easily paying $3 grand per event. The work around this past year has been Redhots. They just charge a reasonable fee per tournament. This group from PA isn’t looking to make a profit. They were unknown a year ago and now have stacked teams at many age groups. Obviously, all the other national teams are annoyed because this under cuts their profit and they lost some of their kids. Ultimately, it comes down to how much you guys love lacrosse and your bank account. I get calls from national teams, but my kid says he plays enough with his local team. He rather play other sports in the offseason. Lastly, some local team (True, MadLax, etc.) do not allow their kids to play on National teams because they have their own National teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked it up… other than vail up to date.

FCA scores made it in already.

FCA Denver scores are in. FCA Vail scores are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on the National Team. Nationals has a massive time/travel commitment as they meet for a weekend every month year round. Most other national teams rarely practice together. Our team plays in the 3 circuit events and has an optional 4th tournament.

National teams are designed to give kids more playing opportunities but because of the lack of practice, they can't replace a local club.

Cost wise.... expect to spend between $2K and $4K additionally not including travel expenses.

If your son plays a lot of other sports, it's probably too heavy a lift. My son plays one other sport and prefers lacrosse so we have the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I talked to a parent this weekend who's son play for a club team that has a National team. The son made the national team and is required to play on the club team as well. He can not play for the national team and play for any other unaffiliated club team.

That is normally the case. Additionally, teams like True have policies that prohibit you from playing against their national team if you elect to play for a different national team.

Some national teams have bent those policies based on the players talent level and the need to field a more competitive team in the Circuit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's interesting as we continue the discussion on "NATIONAL" teams is that when the right game plan is executed against them (i.e. Nationals Lacrosse Club) they are definitely beatable by non-National teams, who have an advantage of playing together all the time, knowing specific strategies / tendencies when in tough game situations, and playing better team defense. Having seen Nationals Lacrosse Club 2029 team....they are a high powered offensive machine!! Tons of talent. But the defense is suspect and honestly doesn't really get tested much at all because they pretty much score.....win the face-off.....score.....win the face-off.

Hawks has beaten Nationals Lacrosse Club already (5-4). FCA had them beat in the first match-up, was up 4-2 with 6 mins left then an apparent non-goal call, which Nationals responded with a come back. The regular clubs wont win every time, but they can win and have kept scores much closer.

My point is Nationals Lacrosse Club will pummel the lower level club teams, as well the other National teams.....just look at the proof. But against the top 10 clubs teams....they are way closer comparable scores.

Nationals teams are great for "non-hot bed" area players because it gives them exposure and the opportunity to play at a higher level of competition for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like nationals oc and hawks in the nap town final. Not a parent of either. Actually kids team played against hawks a couple of times. Would love to see hawks take it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's interesting as we continue the discussion on "NATIONAL" teams is that when the right game plan is executed against them (i.e. Nationals Lacrosse Club) they are definitely beatable by non-National teams, who have an advantage of playing together all the time, knowing specific strategies / tendencies when in tough game situations, and playing better team defense. Having seen Nationals Lacrosse Club 2029 team....they are a high powered offensive machine!! Tons of talent. But the defense is suspect and honestly doesn't really get tested much at all because they pretty much score.....win the face-off.....score.....win the face-off.

Hawks has beaten Nationals Lacrosse Club already (5-4). FCA had them beat in the first match-up, was up 4-2 with 6 mins left then an apparent non-goal call, which Nationals responded with a come back. The regular clubs wont win every time, but they can win and have kept scores much closer.

My point is Nationals Lacrosse Club will pummel the lower level club teams, as well the other National teams.....just look at the proof. But against the top 10 clubs teams....they are way closer comparable scores.

Nationals teams are great for "non-hot bed" area players because it gives them exposure and the opportunity to play at a higher level of competition for sure.

Agree....should be interesting to see the Naptown Final tomororw with HAWKS vs. NATIONALS again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National had their way with Hawks. Still think hawks is one of the best “local” teams around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals, LC’s 13, 14 and 15 year olds strike again!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a 2029 nationals player we crushed the hawks 9-2 it wasn’t even competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a 2029 nationals player we crushed the hawks 9-2 it wasn’t even competitive.
Don’t text and drive kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now let’s discuss how madlax found a way to not post its scores after losing yet another game and still sit at 2 in the ranking.
Madlax is one of the better club teams. Up there with Hawks, 91, etc. The national teams? These people pay this money for their kids’ Instagram cravings, nothing more. These national teams don’t even exist at the high school level other than WCS— why? Because they’re [Censored]. Bunch of egotistical kids and parents who think they’re doing themselves the favor by compiling the best 10-12 kids they can in a given week to challenge the real teams of players who know how to play together.
Nationals, Red Hots, JM3, Nations Best— whatever. You’re not impressing the people who matter.

Enlighten me…Who are the people that matter?
As Steve Harvey says, “the number one answer is….College coaches.”

Saw lots of college coaches on the ‘29 sidelines this week. Little Timmy is destined to get a full ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now let’s discuss how madlax found a way to not post its scores after losing yet another game and still sit at 2 in the ranking.
Madlax is one of the better club teams. Up there with Hawks, 91, etc. The national teams? These people pay this money for their kids’ Instagram cravings, nothing more. These national teams don’t even exist at the high school level other than WCS— why? Because they’re [Censored]. Bunch of egotistical kids and parents who think they’re doing themselves the favor by compiling the best 10-12 kids they can in a given week to challenge the real teams of players who know how to play together.
Nationals, Red Hots, JM3, Nations Best— whatever. You’re not impressing the people who matter.

Saw lots of college coaches on the ‘29 sidelines this week. Little Timmy is destined to get a full ride.
Nationals parents...........keep spending that money. Remember college coaches want to see your son with his home town club. It's easy to win on a national team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nationals parents...........keep spending that money. Remember college coaches want to see your son with his home town club. It's easy to win on a national team.

You guys and your college coach baloney. Post that stuff on a high school forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys and your college coach baloney. Post that stuff on a high school forum.

Sorry your son didnt get a look by the college coaches like the rest of us did. Now go.... Hit The Wall !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha Ha Ha… this is so funny. You guys are discussing 12(?) year olds and college coaches. So ridiculous. Not sure if your heard but getting recruited in 8th grade ended in 2019.

Fact - Nationals had a defenseman play, who the week before was on a 28 team playing in Denver for FCA. He is a true 28. Good kid - shame on parents and nationals. Funny how for club he plays on his 28 team but on a national team plays on the 29. #thepriceofvictory

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha Ha Ha… this is so funny. You guys are discussing 12(?) year olds and college coaches. So ridiculous. Not sure if your heard but getting recruited in 8th grade ended in 2019.

Fact - Nationals had a defenseman play, who the week before was on a 28 team playing in Denver for FCA. He is a true 28. Good kid - shame on parents and nationals. Funny how for club he plays on his 28 team but on a national team plays on the 29. #thepriceofvictory

The FCA Defenseman is an on age 2029. He plays up on 2028 FCA White.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA player in question is a holdback, will be going into 7th grade. Under the new age verification he will not be able to play 2029's next year for Nationals and never played for FCA 2029. He played on the 2028 White team which is FCA's "B" team.

Nationals has probably at least 4-6 kids who fit this same category. If tournaments / people adapt this new age verification then none would be able to play next year with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. He’s a cheating. And Nationals LC condones it.

Nationals LC directors, coaches and parents = true person. Zero integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point of the comment was that the player in question was “a true 28” playing 29 because he is a hold back or as a stated “playingup” as a 28. Smart parent coaches move. Player can play at two age groups and use the rules to justify it. Kiddos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame on you...this is just incorrect and wrong. Everything that's wrong with this discussion board.

Nope. He’s a cheating. And Nationals LC condones it.

Nationals LC directors, coaches and parents = true person. Zero integrity.

Shame on you....I'm sure you'll have a witty response on why it's okay to spew incorrect information and publically throw darts at 12 year olds (and their parents and programs.) The FCA 28white defenseman is 29 aged. People who have no clue what they are talking about = true person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully once age verification is in place next year all this holdback stuff ends. If the kids are the correct age they play that grade - if not then play at your age instead of grade. Does anyone really believe the anonymous fact checker on BOTC who says a kid is older or on age?

National teams are a joke and pure money maker, but I guess there’s a market for ensuring you kid can have great Instagram posts. Find a good local club where your kid plays a key role that has well run practices, that should be the priority for development. National teams may be a fun experience but can’t replace a local club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the person saying it’s misinformation you are correct he is a 2029 by graduation year but a 28 by birth year. You can go back and forth about this and yes you are right according to the rules for now. This is not a question about who the player is and his integrity. He is just a pawn in the silly games the adults play. As the poster above stated he is a good kid. I don’t know him from the next kid. Hopefully age verification fixes the issue and puts a huge dent in coaches and parents being able to flex their muscles on a kids behalf. Remember they are young kids what ever age they are, that can barely remember to brush their teeth in the morning. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the person saying it’s misinformation you are correct he is a 2029 by graduation year but a 28 by birth year. You can go back and forth about this and yes you are right according to the rules for now. This is not a question about who the player is and his integrity. He is just a pawn in the silly games the adults play. As the poster above stated he is a good kid. I don’t know him from the next kid. Hopefully age verification fixes the issue and puts a huge dent in coaches and parents being able to flex their muscles on a kids behalf. Remember they are young kids what ever age they are, that can barely remember to brush their teeth in the morning. SMH

This age thing will not last. Mark my words. Insurance will be soon for Garde based leagues and tournaments. Heard it her first. Just to much need for it from private school players and their parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully once age verification is in place next year all this holdback stuff ends. If the kids are the correct age they play that grade - if not then play at your age instead of grade. Does anyone really believe the anonymous fact checker on BOTC who says a kid is older or on age?

National teams are a joke and pure money maker, but I guess there’s a market for ensuring you kid can have great Instagram posts. Find a good local club where your kid plays a key role that has well run practices, that should be the priority for development. National teams may be a fun experience but can’t replace a local club.

Please remember not every national team player has the same level of local teams to choose from. Some kids enjoy the one chance to play with kids their age and ability. Furthermore, some appreciate the chance to play bigger and better tournaments rather than face the same regional teams in uncompetitive tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that we have all the stuff above squared away. What tournies are everyone else i?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kids who is 1, 2 (or 3 years older) than the kids he is actually playing against doesn’t benefit AND cheats the other on age kids, teams and really youth lacrosse in general. Just don’t cheat. Not that difficult.

Not sure how a parent can take pleasure in their older, “off age” kid playing against younger kids. Makes no sense. If your kid can’t cut it in his age group, keep practicing. There shouldn’t be any debate to this. Playing kids 1, 2 (or 3 years younger) is cheating. Don’t teach your kids to cheat.

As far as Nationals, LC, they would never win with on age kids in major tournaments which is they seem to be pressing their cheating ways into the rule change. Sends wrong message to kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kids who is 1, 2 (or 3 years older) than the kids he is actually playing against doesn’t benefit AND cheats the other on age kids, teams and really youth lacrosse in general. Just don’t cheat. Not that difficult.

Not sure how a parent can take pleasure in their older, “off age” kid playing against younger kids. Makes no sense. If your kid can’t cut it in his age group, keep practicing. There shouldn’t be any debate to this. Playing kids 1, 2 (or 3 years younger) is cheating. Don’t teach your kids to cheat.

As far as Nationals, LC, they would never win with on age kids in major tournaments which is they seem to be pressing their cheating ways into the rule change. Sends wrong message to kids.

When the boy is playing for UVA or Duke or some Ivey, they really wont care how many times he was held back. Most of the top programs are loaded with holdbacks plus PG's and Redshirts and many times a combo or all three. Not a great way to do a non paying sport, but it is what it is and frankly, it is driven by the holier than tho Private School parents .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone will talk about a player that played up and made it. No one talks about a holdback (for athletic reasons) because it’s embarrassing to that said player and their family. How would that come across ESPN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone will talk about a player that played up and made it. No one talks about a holdback (for athletic reasons) because it’s embarrassing to that said player and their family. How would that come across ESPN.

1/3 of these kids fail the eye test. Exactly why these youth games were not on ESPN, they are not interested in joining the hold back scenario.
What would happen if 11 yo little Timmy got trucked by 14 yo big Tex and there is a 30 min injury time out on TV? You think it would speed up the age verification process?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/3 of these kids fail the eye test. Exactly why these youth games were not on ESPN, they are not interested in joining the hold back scenario.
What would happen if 11 yo little Timmy got trucked by 14 yo big Tex and there is a 30 min injury time out on TV? You think it would speed up the age verification process?

Yes, exactly why the games are not on ESPN…giggling.

One team that won the championship televised on ESPN has appx 20 kids that have reclassified that I know of and 3 that are double.

Referencing an above poster, do you ever wonder why Ivy’s and other top academic schools even allow reclassed kids? Why take a kid who had to repeat a grade to get to this level rather than the kid who skipped a grade? Because no one cares. Except BOTC daddies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at new clubs for my son, who are the best coaches for the 2029s, not based on wins but based on building better lacrosse players? (not worried about division)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Everyone will talk about a player that played up and made it. No one talks about a holdback (for athletic reasons) because it’s embarrassing to that said player and their family. How would that come across ESPN.

Yes, exactly why the games are not on ESPN…giggling.

One team that won the championship televised on ESPN has appx 20 kids that have reclassified that I know of and 3 that are double.

Because that’s a high school game on TV and our elite sons are expected to be on varsity playing against older kids….. evil lol

They will not televise the youth grade base games, for the same reasons they don’t televise high school vs college and college vs professional games. Does that help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw National LC play against my son's team at Naptown. They were everything I had heard they were. Just a machine. Lot of big kids out there, but I didn't see any baby giraffes running around out there. If those boys are true 2029's, then good on them. Lots of good lacrosse to be played in the future. If they're not, shame on their parents and coaches for playing them down. Either way excited for the new age rules. If the older kids are truly great, they should have no trouble making a 2028 squad. At the very least they got their last hurrah this summer playing against younger kids.

As an aside, my son's regular club team's goalie has been reclassed twice. For three years most of us believed he was this athletic prodigy. Come to find out, he's not eligible to play with us next year. As a 2029, he's an excellent goalie, if he's a true 2028 or 2027, not that impressive. Takes the reps away from a kid who could benefit from developing with kids his age. Youth lacrosse could benefit from taking a page out of youth soccer's play book. Don't get me wrong, youth soccer has its issues, but age verification and rostering/guest player rules are light years ahead of youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 64 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard