BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clubs not only have more than 1 team per grade, but girls lacrosse as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Our club was selling them for $20 each, not $30, somebody is taking a profit somewhere

That's not true. Its $30 for a 3 pack of shields. That is the standard retail price for this. And you can order them from the lacrosse stores as well. It's not a Dynamic lacrosse idea at all. Anyone can get these.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse says shields should not be used as they are more likely to dislodge and hurt the player. Who makes these anyway? Do they cover the whole face?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse says shields should not be used as they are more likely to dislodge and hurt the player. Who makes these anyway? Do they cover the whole face?

Obviously USL doesn't have any skin in that game. Manufacturer should have asked to put USL emblem on shield and charged an extra 5 dollars to go to USL. Then they would be recommended at all lacrosse events.

No interest in buying one, but look similar to what NLF players wear with their helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it True legacy is practicing ?

Some of their players are posting practices on social media. Just shows the mentality of the lax community. Parents, kids will not get an edge on anything.

Some of their players are posting practices on social media. Just shows the mentality of the lax community. Parents, kids will not get an edge on anything.

Most Maryland teams can start practicing in small groups today after 5pm.

They are 21 year old 9th graders so I guess they can't adults what to do.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont exaggerate, Most 9th graders in MD private schools are 19 maybe 20 . Keep it real !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You either need to stop drinking at noon or go back to high school yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, someone's kid can't compete and has had the pleasure of a nice MD skull dragging

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, someone's kid can't compete and has had the pleasure of a nice MD skull dragging

Na, just a parent who played sports growing up and knows how easy it is to beat younger kids in the driveway at sports. Bigger and stronger probably isn't an advantage if my kids wanted to play video games but I know how much of an advantage it is in sports. For that reason I would never let my kids play in a competitive game against younger kids. Would push him to be better than the older kids and play up. If you can't have success playing amongst your peers then its probably time to find a new sport that is better suited for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Na, just a parent who played sports growing up and knows how easy it is to beat younger kids in the driveway at sports. Bigger and stronger probably isn't an advantage if my kids wanted to play video games but I know how much of an advantage it is in sports. For that reason I would never let my kids play in a competitive game against younger kids. Would push him to be better than the older kids and play up. If you can't have success playing amongst your peers then its probably time to find a new sport that is better suited for you.

But yet here we are, beating your kid on the field every time. Take all your words and excuses and just make your kid better. That's it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay on topic its about REFUNDS . Use your energy calling out the greedy clubs .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I ran a club for 10 years when my kids were playing. The club was nonprofit (legit nonprofit) . The money is in running tourneys. Right now the tournament money is not being refunded but may be credited for next year. The NGLL -girls spring league- is run by CR and he wants to replace the 8 week season and playoff with a 3 day weekend tourney over Labor day for the same $$$. The club owners are not flush with parent money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I ran a club for 10 years when my kids were playing. The club was nonprofit (legit nonprofit) . The money is in running tourneys. Right now the tournament money is not being refunded but may be credited for next year. The NGLL -girls spring league- is run by CR and he wants to replace the 8 week season and playoff with a 3 day weekend tourney over Labor day for the same $$$. The club owners are not flush with parent money.

Club owners are partial owners of tourneys! I will send 10 teams to your tourney, you send 10 to mine. Double dipping is the standard in this industry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are never seeing a refund.... Clubs are starting to practice this week on an "Optional" basis. 1. Why practice when tourney's have been cxl'd and youth organized sports is last on the "re-open" plan? Simple: To keep your $..... Move on.
https://aca-prod.accela.com/SUFFCO_REOPEN/Welcome.aspx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

They are 21 year old 9th graders so I guess they can't adults what to do.[/quote]

LOL, someone's kid can't compete and has had the pleasure of a nice MD skull dragging[/quote]

Na, just a parent who played sports growing up and knows how easy it is to beat younger kids in the driveway at sports. Bigger and stronger probably isn't an advantage if my kids wanted to play video games but I know how much of an advantage it is in sports. For that reason I would never let my kids play in a competitive game against younger kids. Would push him to be better than the older kids and play up. If you can't have success playing amongst your peers then its probably time to find a new sport that is better suited for you.[/quote]

But yet here we are, beating your kid on the field every time. Take all your words and excuses and just make your kid better. That's it.[/quote]

My son is fine. On age 9th grade varsity player. Not 9th grade playing down with 7th graders. I'll let him take his lumps with the big boys instead of picking on little kids. Pretty sure it will make him better in the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt refunds are coming. But credits for next year should be applied. Trying to sue club owners is absurd - and not worth the money or the hit to your child's reputation. The best way to help your family get a refund/credit is to arm yourself with facts:
* Club owners are claiming tournaments are asking for deposits for the 2021 summer right now. Email the tournaments and find out if this is true.
* Club owners are saying they've paid in full for the entire spring/summer for fields, permits, and insurance. While I believe the insurance is paid I doubt fields have been paid in full with no offer of refunds or credits for next year. I know my county has refunded money to the local rec organizations for boys leagues and tournaments and that money was passed on to parents. Email the county and ask if that is true
* Club owners are saying they are paying their coaches. Simple - have an honest conversation and ask your coach if they have been paid. My son's club owner said they are paying their coaches but my son's coach told us he has not been paid. Find out if it is true.
* I've heard (some boys) club owners say or elude to the idea that some tournaments are not refunding or crediting money to next year at all - simple email the tournaments and ask.
* If a club owner claims certain clubs collect all of their fees up front and you have friends at those other clubs - find out if that is true.

This is the only way that will lead to refunds/credits. Don't let club owners snow you. If they say, for example, Live,Love, Lax is not refunding money - email that tournament director and you will know whether or not that is true. The more parents have the facts the less club owners will be able to claim.

I'm not sure telling parents to "just move on" or "sue your club owner" are viable options. Get to the truth - that's the only way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what if they are? Blame the parents for being the stunads that take their kids to the practices. They are the real imbeciles
https://aca-prod.accela.com/SUFFCO_REOPEN/Welcome.aspx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TEAM 91 just sent out an e-mail to all the players saying they plan on doing a full season this summer, that is disgusting! There are still 100's of new Covid cases a day, people are still passing away from this disease daily and they are worried about saving there season so they can hold try outs next year and collect more $. Do they not realize how many people lost there jobs and can't afford this. I am all for lacrosse and have been involved in travel sports for the past decade, this is just pathetic. They would put our children at risk for this and they don't care. Are we going to throw a full shield on these youngsters helmets and then send them out on the field in August in 100 degree temperature and have them pass out? Kids will be dropping like flies from heat related illnesses. You cant do that, this is just a money hungry organization that even sold t-shirts for profit during this pandemic. I have been with TEAM 91 for 8 years now and this is unbelievable. How about you take your waiver away, are you afraid of getting sued after a child gets sick? You say you are all about the kids, then be about the kids and let's make sure they stay healthy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TEAM 91 just sent out an e-mail to all the players saying they plan on doing a full season this summer, that is disgusting! There are still 100's of new Covid cases a day, people are still passing away from this disease daily and they are worried about saving there season so they can hold try outs next year and collect more $. Do they not realize how many people lost there jobs and can't afford this. I am all for lacrosse and have been involved in travel sports for the past decade, this is just pathetic. They would put our children at risk for this and they don't care. Are we going to throw a full shield on these youngsters helmets and then send them out on the field in August in 100 degree temperature and have them pass out? Kids will be dropping like flies from heat related illnesses. You cant do that, this is just a money hungry organization that even sold t-shirts for profit during this pandemic. I have been with TEAM 91 for 8 years now and this is unbelievable. How about you take your waiver away, are you afraid of getting sued after a child gets sick? You say you are all about the kids, then be about the kids and let's make sure they stay healthy!

2 things....and I detest to be that guy, but you have made it too easy:
1- *their
2- Will you be the first to sign up for tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't please everyone it seems.. Hold your kid out of action if you are so concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- *their

Not to pile on, but 100 degree weather would kill the virus! That's a good thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is a full season going to happen this summer? I can see teams getting together to have practices, but do you think states will really allow these tournaments happen in the next couple of months,. So go from no lax to FULL tournaments in 2 months? NO WAY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to the real team 91 corporate agenda!!!!!!!
Your kid is just a dollar sign in their corporate world. He'll just be cast aside and the next lemming will replace him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously are that guy and some how I’m guessing it’s not the first time you “are that guy”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- *their

Not to pile on, but 100 degree weather would kill the virus! That's a good thing

Welcome to the fray Dr. Fauci!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your ignorance, obviously your not a first responder or someone that understands what the virus is doing in hotter temperature countries right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your ignorance, obviously your not a first responder or someone that understands what the virus is doing in hotter temperature countries right now.

Don't be so quick to accuse others of ignorance. The issue is whether there is a serious risk of transmission during outdoor activities. The best evidence to date suggests there is not. That is a separate question from whether some "hot" countries are seeing virus spread. Those countries are seeing the spread in densely populated locations where it is being spread indoors and on mass transit. Getting kids (and parents) outside this Summer will be the best thing for us all. To the extent there is some exposure, it will be at a much lower viral load, which is associated with mild/asymptomatic cases. It will also counter Vitamin D deficiency which appears to be a significant risk factor for severe cases.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...oor-transmission-of-coronavirus-in-china

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't be so quick to accuse others of ignorance. The issue is whether there is a serious risk of transmission during outdoor activities. The best evidence to date suggests there is not. That is a separate question from whether some "hot" countries are seeing virus spread. Those countries are seeing the spread in densely populated locations where it is being spread indoors and on mass transit. Getting kids (and parents) outside this Summer will be the best thing for us all. To the extent there is some exposure, it will be at a much lower viral load, which is associated with mild/asymptomatic cases. It will also counter Vitamin D deficiency which appears to be a significant risk factor for severe cases.

Totally agree.. Time to get on with life .

Now some of you believe the numbers coming out of China are true? There is more to life than lax. I agree, lax can take up some space in ones life, but for ones life to revolve around lax is something different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for your detailed response.

Although the "hotter temperature countries" comment was packed with facts and knowledge!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How long is a full summer season - e.g. # practices, #tourneys (games per tourney? If things open up late July, early August, it's possible (not yet probable) to get some lax in this summer.

Who's going to rent their fields for hundreds if not thousands of people to gather? Come on now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How long is a full summer season - e.g. # practices, #tourneys (games per tourney? If things open up late July, early August, it's possible (not yet probable) to get some lax in this summer.

Who's going to rent their fields for hundreds if not thousands of people to gather? Come on now.

They're on the streets in every city right now, for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then don’t do it! Nobody is twisting your arm.if you have been involved in travel for ten years then you already know your lax crazy like the rest of us!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blame the parents they don't have the stones to say no so they bring their sheep to slaughter. The clubs aren't making the dopey parents do anything. Shame on the parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is your right to have your child NOT play, just as it is our to have them play if we see fit. kif you want to remain scared, then you parent the way you want, after all it is a free country, once the power is taken back from the governor, that is.

Were i agree we will not be getting a full summer out of this, there is still more then 3 months of miss practices that have to be accounted for.

I have also heard some club owners say that they will do some some mini tourney with other club teams. this is not the same, cost as going to a normal tourney and should also account for a bigger refund. there is no difference is this and setting up a 3 or 4 way scrimmage. and dont get started on this things replacing a showcase.

on the post about refund and owners not getting refunds from tourney or feilds. its simple, that's not our problem. just like if we dont get refunds, we can bring the owners to small claim, they can do the same. We paid for a service, and it wasnt fully received and a partial refund is due. Great example of this is that i belong to a gym, they sent an emailed saying our gyms are closed and you will not be charged for the membership until they open back up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're on the streets in every city right now, for free.

Karen, if the king of NY allows riots, he should allow lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s very easy collecting money. Paying money, not so easy. Alligator arms. 91s email shouldn’t surprise anyone. This is business. They collected 4 to 5 thousand a kid. Think about that. A teams, B teams,C teams. Just about every kid makes a team, every kid has a parent with a check book. Hundreds and hundreds of kids paying tuitions like that. Now girls as well, we can be talking over a 1000 kids. They collected boatloads of money after those fall tryouts. Now it’s June, we haven’t had lacrosse for 3 months. The organization knows, if they don’t whip something up quick, a lot of this money will have to be returned or somehow credited for next season. They will do anything possible to not have this play out like that. Again it’s all business. They collected the money. They want to keep that money period. They won’t break laws, but short of that anything. They will have small practices, scrimmages, clinics, Instagram videos, etc. Parents of course will sign waivers, the club knows what to do legally. This will be the scenario for June, July and August. Come September will be the heated club/parent debate. September will be here before you know it. Stay tuned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t personally know this club but it’s starting to sound like some lax parents just want their money back period. It has nothing to do with the kids actually being able to play lax. Their is a small glimmer of hope in Maryland that the governor may allow outside sporting events before the end of summer and I’m hoping this means our kids can get on the field and get back to some normalcy and fun! They have already lost a lot in 2020. Every parent has the right to close what’s best for their child but we can’t all continue to live in fear in our homes and cancel daily living. Let’s get on with it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- *their

I want to be sure I understand some positions here

- The governor has set very clear criteria for reopening. As of now, if numbers continue to trend in the direction they are, Phase 4 reopening, which includes sports, would be around July 9th.

- Heat aside, I see 3 tournaments already scheduled with fields booked. Usage is based on entering Phase 4 reopening.

If the criteria say Lacrosse can be played in July and August are some of you believing that you being scared warrants the club refunding you money? I dont know what we will do at this time but the hope of having some lax makes my boys happy. My club continues to communicate and is following state and local government guidance and are hopeful to have a summer offering.

Side note and known 91 fact: If it is too hot 91 Wolfpack wont be playing so maybe they should start looking for refunds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- *their

I want to be sure I understand some positions here

- The governor has set very clear criteria for reopening. As of now, if numbers continue to trend in the direction they are, Phase 4 reopening, which includes sports, would be around July 9th.

- Heat aside, I see 3 tournaments already scheduled with fields booked. Usage is based on entering Phase 4 reopening.

If the criteria say Lacrosse can be played in July and August are some of you believing that you being scared warrants the club refunding you money? I dont know what we will do at this time but the hope of having some lax makes my boys happy. My club continues to communicate and is following state and local government guidance and are hopeful to have a summer offering.

Side note and known 91 fact: If it is too hot 91 Wolfpack wont be playing so maybe they should start looking for refunds.

Not to be combative (and I agree with majority of what you wrote) -- let's say you get 3 or 4 tournaments in from mid-July thru August. Do you feel that is comparable to what you paid for in your tuition package that was supposed to run from March - July? What about all the practice time lost? As nice as zoom sessions and instructional videos are, they are not a replacement for the value of hands-on coaching. And what if you were planning on a 5, 6 or 7 tournament season from Spring - Summer?

If safe to do so, I'm all for getting the season rolling. However, squeezing 3 or 4 tournaments over a 6 week period is not sufficient to not warrant some sort of credit to roll into next season. That is my opinion

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard