I doubt refunds are coming. But credits for next year should be applied. Trying to sue club owners is absurd - and not worth the money or the hit to your child's reputation. The best way to help your family get a refund/credit is to arm yourself with facts:
* Club owners are claiming tournaments are asking for deposits for the 2021 summer right now. Email the tournaments and find out if this is true.
* Club owners are saying they've paid in full for the entire spring/summer for fields, permits, and insurance. While I believe the insurance is paid I doubt fields have been paid in full with no offer of refunds or credits for next year. I know my county has refunded money to the local rec organizations for boys leagues and tournaments and that money was passed on to parents. Email the county and ask if that is true
* Club owners are saying they are paying their coaches. Simple - have an honest conversation and ask your coach if they have been paid. My son's club owner said they are paying their coaches but my son's coach told us he has not been paid. Find out if it is true.
* I've heard (some boys) club owners say or elude to the idea that some tournaments are not refunding or crediting money to next year at all - simple email the tournaments and ask.
* If a club owner claims certain clubs collect all of their fees up front and you have friends at those other clubs - find out if that is true.

This is the only way that will lead to refunds/credits. Don't let club owners snow you. If they say, for example, Live,Love, Lax is not refunding money - email that tournament director and you will know whether or not that is true. The more parents have the facts the less club owners will be able to claim.

I'm not sure telling parents to "just move on" or "sue your club owner" are viable options. Get to the truth - that's the only way.