BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,083
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 144 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For your info I'm not a parent, and as for the santa jam you might have to have a reality check, check all the ages of that 91 team. 1 kid was 2 yrs older than the 2022 team and hats a fact. That kid scred 6 of the 8 goals scored. Also I find it pretty pathetic hat you are putting down 8 yr old kids saying they can't beat these other teams, get a life and just enjoy your children playing

Your not a parent but you showed up for Santa Jam to check the birth certificates of the 91 players? One kid on 91 beat the entire LI Express team?
Some people need to get a life arguing about 8th Grade lacrosse what a JOKE

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has a 3rd or 5th grader in club Lax knows exactly who the "One Third grader" on the 2023 Team 91 was. He IS a 3rd grader, but not even close to being U9 (2022) eligible. I wasn't at Santa Jam, but I'm sure he won every face off and scored at leat 2 goals with amazing behind the back. Santa Jam was by "grade" (3rd / 2022), not "age" (U9). You may not like getting mercilessly CRUSHed by this coach and think he's a jerk, but he doesn't cheat. He is BY FAR the best 3rd grader ANYWHERE and will CRUSH your team while he draws your entire defense and hits his 2nd grade twin brothers with passes that make you say "WOW".

My son plays club, but isn't a 91 player.

Have no fear, 2023 91 is going to CRUSH everyone in the 2023 and 2022 divisions very shortly. When they start wearing Crome helmets you should starting explaining to your son that losing builds character before you play them.

If you don't understand this post your son is obviously NOT on any legitimate team under U15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are CRAZY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach for 91 2023 is great, team is strong. COach brings out his son for sport. 2023 will not compete with the better 2022 teams even with the shiny helmet. Saw it in rockstar when igloo beat them easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people ARE talking about 3rd and 4th graders right? WOW!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has a 3rd or 5th grader in club Lax knows exactly who the "One Third grader" on the 2023 Team 91 was. He IS a 3rd grader, but not even close to being U9 (2022) eligible. I wasn't at Santa Jam, but I'm sure he won every face off and scored at leat 2 goals with amazing behind the back. Santa Jam was by "grade" (3rd / 2022), not "age" (U9). You may not like getting mercilessly CRUSHed by this coach and think he's a jerk, but he doesn't cheat. He is BY FAR the best 3rd grader ANYWHERE and will CRUSH your team while he draws your entire defense and hits his 2nd grade twin brothers with passes that make you say "WOW".

Have no fear, 2023 91 is going to CRUSH everyone in the 2023 and 2022 divisions very shortly. When they start wearing Crome helmets you should starting explaining to your son that losing builds character before you play them.

If you don't understand this post your son is obviously NOT on any legitimate team under U15.

my son plays on 2018 Express Terps and I do not understand this post - I also don't care, but I do have one question - isn't 2023 current second graders? seems odd to have a 3rd player playing 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are CRAZY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No actually 2nd and 3rd graders. Pretty sad right. Oh wait that's right , my son plays on some B team or something and is in like 6th grade or something LOSER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Indoor sux. It's not even real lax. Calm down with Santa Jam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I was coaching against a tool that was encouraging a kid on his team to hot dog and go behind back, I would make sure my goalie and defense introduced that kid to another part of the game, hitting. I would make sure that kid was on the ground every time he touched the ball! Because if showboating is part of the game, so is hitting. Sorry, I'm old school. Thats how that goes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't the one true third grader on this team really a 4th grader by birth date who is currently playing on a 5th grade team? Yeah that's fair. That's not cheating.

If USLACROSSE really wanted to promote fair play and safety, they'd issue a photo Id - color coded by Birth Year to every player.Then any league, tournament or event relying on USLAX insurance would be mandated to have the officials check the ids before they begin bc these are organized events, not school yard pick up games. If nothing else, make it mandatory prior to every championship game. No ID - disqualify the player. Make the kid, check in prior to the start of the event, present the ID and let the organizer validate it.

I'm sure someone can write an AP to scan a barcode on the id with a smart phone for instant validation. Refs catching cheats can send that info into USLacrosse for a new feature in the monthly magazine- "This Month's Cheats" highlight the coach and the player. followed by "We Just Want Your Money" to highlight the unscrupulous people running these events that allow this nonsense.

People travel all over for competition, lets make sure when they get there its fair or at least clear to all that its a wide open event and buyer beware.

Its sad that its coming to this, but the prior post illustrates why something needs to be done. Sooner or later, someone will get hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not "Old School", your an IDIOT. 8-9 year old boys don't cheat, the do what their parents tell them. Adult parents / coaches are responsible for sending "Ringers" onto a field. Take your gripes to the league or Tournament officials. Telling your 8-9 yr olds to hurt another kid (you clearly implied this) is the lowest form of coaching. I'm sure your "Old School" coaching style isn't limited to targeting "hot dogs". I'm sure Fast, Athletic, skilled, tall, short, fat, skinny, slow or any 8-9 yr old doing well against your team causes your "Old School" coaching style to take over.

As a coach you have a responsibility to teach these boys life lessons as well as Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not "Old School", your an IDIOT. 8-9 year old boys don't cheat, the do what their parents tell them. Adult parents / coaches are responsible for sending "Ringers" onto a field. Take your gripes to the league or Tournament officials. Telling your 8-9 yr olds to hurt another kid (you clearly implied this) is the lowest form of coaching. I'm sure your "Old School" coaching style isn't limited to targeting "hot dogs". I'm sure Fast, Athletic, skilled, tall, short, fat, skinny, slow or any 8-9 yr old doing well against your team causes your "Old School" coaching style to take over.

As a coach you have a responsibility to teach these boys life lessons as well as

Lax.

Name one walk of life in our Society where if you humiliate someone there is not going to be retaliation .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting out of hand. BOTC needs to remove these posts and put the topic back in order. This is an Express thread take your stupid comments somewhere else, preferably your therapist!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... BOTC needs to remove these posts and put the topic back in order. This is an Express thread ...
Remove the posts coming from the Express discussion? No.

Call your attention to the Long Island Express girls program tryouts for the 2018/2019/2020 age groups on Sunday, February 10th at 11:30am at the Long Island Sports Hub? Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This club as well as all the others that advertise on this website are a business. They are NOT for everyone and are intended to be that way for a few reasons. Do your research find the program that fits your childs ability,good coaching,your financial limit,and make a choice. Teach your child that life isn't fair and everyone cant win all the time or be the best in everything.Then just maybe then you will find some positives in the experience,and your child can have fun along the way while learing and developing as a player and a human being.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting out of hand. BOTC needs to remove these posts and put the topic back in order. This is an Express thread take your stupid comments somewhere else, preferably your therapist!!

what's the deal with you? Why so angry? this is an express issue. Did you hold back your son and are now furious that people are calling you out on it? Don't get excited, calm yourself, breath. And maybe go see a therapist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023(all 2nd graders)are playing already in tournaments? both teams before the Spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ismthe 2017 and 2016 Exp tournament schedule published yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's the deal with you? Why so angry? this is an express issue. Did you hold back your son and are now furious that people are calling you out on it? Don't get excited, calm yourself, breath. And maybe go see a therapist.

Actually not angry Just tired of all the stupid comments. But that's o I know you have to vent your frustration and anger somewhere because your child isn't getting the great experience that mine are playing for Express. We all cant be good enough to play on the top team. Its ok because you have other options to choose from. That's what is great about the good old USA!!! Have a nice day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the truth on THIS kid and his brothers. Is he left back ? What town team is he with ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So what's the truth on THIS kid and his brothers. Is he left back ? What town team is he with ?
Questions that will go unanswered here on BOTC.

As you know from our Board Rules, there is no need for the public discussion of this player. If you want to know his academic status, call the parents since it is not going to be played out here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I was coaching against a tool that was encouraging a kid on his team to hot dog and go behind back, I would make sure my goalie and defense introduced that kid to another part of the game, hitting. I would make sure that kid was on the ground every time he touched the ball! Because if showboating is part of the game, so is hitting. Sorry, I'm old school. Thats how that goes.

Hello- while i am very detached, and uninterested in much of the content of this thread, i do notice one thing that i have commented upon in the past. This is the bbehind the back shot. It seems to be creditted with being a showboat move. I have seen it used often at many levels as the window of shooting opportunity closes on the offensive player, and presenting this shot from where the shot might have come from 5 feet prior during the offensive approach. It truly is useful in scoring, and I wonder if this occurrs to any person advising kids to "drill" the kid who obviously utilizes it. Can anybody see this bit of logic? It works, therefore we teach it in my lowly PAL coaching scenarios. Should we want to hurt the kid? Sounds ill advised. Thanks for your time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't call this vindictive style of play with being old school. Old school and new school alike should involve physical play, AND scoring. If you were coaching against a tool that was encouraging a kid to go behind back, you'd see the beauty of this approach... IF you were coaching.... hopefully your nature would prevent this possibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a coach you have a responsibility to teach these boys life lessons as well as

Lax.

Name one walk of life in our Society where if you humiliate someone there is not going to be retaliation .
Why has this behind the back thing considered humiliating. Is being scored upon perceived by you to be humiliation? It CAN be, but putting a hit out is not acceptable. C'mon now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am reading this accurately? You would encourage your players to HURT another child simply because they can shoot behind the back? Who is the "tool" here? Sounds like it might be you.
Shooting behind the back is employed at most levels of play, why should it not be used in U9, U11,U15? If a player can do it, what's the big deal? What's next tackling kids who fake 2-3 times before shooting. Please respect the game!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax.

Oops- you win. It is right to blast the kid. Yep. You are the logical one. We should have the kid use more "old school ways" to score. Maybe he should be excluded from beating players, or humiliating goalie by scoring upon them. Thanks for pointing out that his/ her blossoming skills are really "hot doggin".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't the one true third grader on this team really a 4th grader by birth date who is currently playing on a 5th grade team? Yeah that's fair. That's not cheating.

If USLACROSSE really wanted to promote fair play and safety, they'd issue a photo Id - color coded by Birth Year to every player.Then any league, tournament or event relying on USLAX insurance would be mandated to have the officials check the ids before they begin bc these are organized events, not school yard pick up games. If nothing else, make it mandatory prior to every championship game. No ID - disqualify the player. Make the kid, check in prior to the start of the event, present the ID and let the organizer validate it.

I'm sure someone can write an AP to scan a barcode on the id with a smart phone for instant validation. Refs catching cheats can send that info into USLacrosse for a new feature in the monthly magazine- "This Month's Cheats" highlight the coach and the player. followed by "We Just Want Your Money" to highlight the unscrupulous people running these events that allow this nonsense.

People travel all over for competition, lets make sure when they get there its fair or at least clear to all that its a wide open event and buyer beware.

Its sad that its coming to this, but the prior post illustrates why something needs to be done. Sooner or later, someone will get hurt.

Ah, a coherent approach to this issue. I have, in the past, commented upon this with similar suggestion. PAL Footbal, in both Nassau and Suffolk, use photo ID to atleast do a visual identification, verified by opposing coaches in the game that day at weigh-in. You point out that the sport of tournament Lax involves us in travel nationwide. This scanable id assigned to any US Lax policy holder is a fantastic idea, and is NOT, in my opinion, too much cost to expect the governing body to incurr to protect the fairness, safety, and dignity of our beloved sport. Good day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was just in florida for 3D blue chip. One of the first drills was behind the back passing and behind the back shooting. So before you get all hot under the collar take an anger management class. Then realize it is a legitimate part of the game. The kids doing it are well coached and skilled and will be well ahead of their peers. It is definitely not showboating. You would be wise to learn from and trench your kid this skill. But that will never happen as you are too preoccupied by being angry and going old school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was just in florida for 3D blue chip. One of the first drills was behind the back passing and behind the back shooting. So before you get all hot under the collar take an anger management class. Then realize it is a legitimate part of the game. The kids doing it are well coached and skilled and will be well ahead of their peers. It is definitely not showboating. You would be wise to learn from and trench your kid this skill. But that will never happen as you are too preoccupied by being angry and going old school.

It seems as if Mr Old School skipped too much school! Now let's go beat up some little kids! (oh boy....)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess when I am watching the MLL, or college or varsity and a D player blows up an O player for hot dogging it must be my imagination

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess when I am watching the MLL, or college or varsity and a D player blows up an O player for hot dogging it must be my imagination

Ok look when I played ball if someone hot dogged I was the person usually blowing them up. It was to send a message not in my house. They usually wouldn't do it again. Here's the thing there is a difference between hot dogging and being able to go behind your back and or between your legs if it calls for it when your angle to score is gone. The blowing up thing was never taught to me or asked of me I just liked to hit. So to ask a kid in 3rd or 4th grade to hit or hurt someone is nuts. Old school or not it's not the thing to be teaching or even discussing with young kids. The awareness of hitting and the ability to hit hard and correctly just starts to happen in 7th grade and up when kids are able to control their bodies. At younger ages it's just dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is NOT your imagination. It is NOT what you send a third or fourth grader out to do! Why can you not just say, "okay, you are right"? Wear a wife-beater too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have one son who plays attack and has been taught how and when to properly take a behind the back shot, and if you don't practice it and use it in a game as a 4th or 5th grader you wont know how to do it when you are older and it is the correct shot, the object of the game is to score. however if he did it in a 10 - 0 game I would have a long sportsmanship talk with him on the ride home. I also have a son who plays goalie and I encourage him to run the ball up field when appropriate and he has taken a few shots because he was never picked up, again if you don't practice this in PAL and over the summer you will not have the ability to do it in HS when you might need to.

While I would never encourage "going after" a kid on the other team for taking a behind the back shot, if it was a 10 - 0 game and the kid did it, I wouldn't be upset seeing a D putting him on his butt, not to hurt him but to let him know it wasn't appreciated, when this happens as a continuation of a play it is a lot more acceptable then when it is per-meditated and coached.

Not all behind the back shots are the same and many are not hot dog but the correct shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have one son who plays attack and has been taught how and when to properly take a behind the back shot, and if you don't practice it and use it in a game as a 4th or 5th grader you wont know how to do it when you are older and it is the correct shot, the object of the game is to score. however if he did it in a 10 - 0 game I would have a long sportsmanship talk with him on the ride home. I also have a son who plays goalie and I encourage him to run the ball up field when appropriate and he has taken a few shots because he was never picked up, again if you don't practice this in PAL and over the summer you will not have the ability to do it in HS when you might need to.

While I would never encourage "going after" a kid on the other team for taking a behind the back shot, if it was a 10 - 0 game and the kid did it, I wouldn't be upset seeing a D putting him on his butt, not to hurt him but to let him know it wasn't appreciated, when this happens as a continuation of a play it is a lot more acceptable then when it is per-meditated and coached.

Not all behind the back shots are the same and many are not hot dog but the correct shot.

I agree with your post, not all behind the back shots are the same. This kid is showboating not practicing. I am sure that one day a defensive player will take offense to it and knock him on his butt for it. But the thing I noticed more than his hotdogging and ball hogging was the smile on his face. You can see it through the helmet mask. He is running he is smiling, he is shooting he is smiling, he gets hit and sent flying on his butt he gets up he is smiling. This kid enjoys the game of lacrosse he is genuinely having fun out there. From what I read on the boards I will say not all kids are having fun, some kids have mental cases for parents. This BOY is still in elementary school he should be enjoying himself without grown adults on here bad mouthing him. He loves the game he will be playing in HS and college, the poor 9 year old whose father has gone off the deep end and is forcing lacrosse down his kids throat will not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tru
Not all behind the back shots are the same and many are not hot dog but the
correct shot.

True. but the need for a behind the back is rare. So when you see a kid try to do it multiple times in the same game then you know what its really about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. but the need for a behind the back is rare. So when you see a kid try to do it multiple times in the same game then you know what its really about

What about a long pole who uses behind the back regularly for his open field passes where the nearest defender is 3 plus yards away from him? Is that hot dogging? or just just solid fundamental lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about a long pole who uses behind the back regularly for his open field passes where the nearest defender is 3 plus yards away from him? Is that hot dogging? or just just solid fundamental lacrosse?

What about the goalie who gets into trouble, cant get his hands free, throws it behind his back to the long pole who then throws a high-to-low skip bounce pass to the middie running up field who then gets double teamed and has no option but to roll the ball between the two defenders legs to the attackman who scores a behind the back around the world goal, but not before doing a triple lindy. I have seen that in person and I beleive that is hotdogging and warrants the opposing team to beat up the attackman in the parking lot after the game for shooting behind his back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the goalie who gets into trouble, cant get his hands free, throws it behind his back to the long pole who then throws a high-to-low skip bounce pass to the middie running up field who then gets double teamed and has no option but to roll the ball between the two defenders legs to the attackman who scores a behind the back around the world goal, but not before doing a triple lindy. I have seen that in person and I beleive that is hotdogging and warrants the opposing team to beat up the attackman in the parking lot after the game for shooting behind his back.

Are you all 9 years old? Sure sounds like it. Proud now? Lol...tools!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he is probably a long pole that is going places because he is practicing skills he will need later in life and if he didn't practice it as a 5th or 6th grader he will not be able to do in in HS

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 144 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard