I am reading this accurately? You would encourage your players to HURT another child simply because they can shoot behind the back? Who is the "tool" here? Sounds like it might be you.
Shooting behind the back is employed at most levels of play, why should it not be used in U9, U11,U15? If a player can do it, what's the big deal? What's next tackling kids who fake 2-3 times before shooting. Please respect the game!!!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone who has a 3rd or 5th grader in club Lax knows exactly who the "One Third grader" on the 2023 Team 91 was. He IS a 3rd grader, but not even close to being U9 (2022) eligible. I wasn't at Santa Jam, but I'm sure he won every face off and scored at leat 2 goals with amazing behind the back. Santa Jam was by "grade" (3rd / 2022), not "age" (U9). You may not like getting mercilessly CRUSHed by this coach and think he's a jerk, but he doesn't cheat. He is BY FAR the best 3rd grader ANYWHERE and will CRUSH your team while he draws your entire defense and hits his 2nd grade twin brothers with passes that make you say "WOW".

My son plays club, but isn't a 91 player.

Have no fear, 2023 91 is going to CRUSH everyone in the 2023 and 2022 divisions very shortly. When they start wearing Crome helmets you should starting explaining to your son that losing builds character before you play them.

If you don't understand this post your son is obviously NOT on any legitimate team under U15.

If I was coaching against a tool that was encouraging a kid on his team to hot dog and go behind back, I would make sure my goalie and defense introduced that kid to another part of the game, hitting. I would make sure that kid was on the ground every time he touched the ball! Because if showboating is part of the game, so is hitting. Sorry, I'm old school. Thats how that goes.