Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn't the one true third grader on this team really a 4th grader by birth date who is currently playing on a 5th grade team? Yeah that's fair. That's not cheating.

If USLACROSSE really wanted to promote fair play and safety, they'd issue a photo Id - color coded by Birth Year to every player.Then any league, tournament or event relying on USLAX insurance would be mandated to have the officials check the ids before they begin bc these are organized events, not school yard pick up games. If nothing else, make it mandatory prior to every championship game. No ID - disqualify the player. Make the kid, check in prior to the start of the event, present the ID and let the organizer validate it.

I'm sure someone can write an AP to scan a barcode on the id with a smart phone for instant validation. Refs catching cheats can send that info into USLacrosse for a new feature in the monthly magazine- "This Month's Cheats" highlight the coach and the player. followed by "We Just Want Your Money" to highlight the unscrupulous people running these events that allow this nonsense.

People travel all over for competition, lets make sure when they get there its fair or at least clear to all that its a wide open event and buyer beware.

Its sad that its coming to this, but the prior post illustrates why something needs to be done. Sooner or later, someone will get hurt.

Ah, a coherent approach to this issue. I have, in the past, commented upon this with similar suggestion. PAL Footbal, in both Nassau and Suffolk, use photo ID to atleast do a visual identification, verified by opposing coaches in the game that day at weigh-in. You point out that the sport of tournament Lax involves us in travel nationwide. This scanable id assigned to any US Lax policy holder is a fantastic idea, and is NOT, in my opinion, too much cost to expect the governing body to incurr to protect the fairness, safety, and dignity of our beloved sport. Good day