Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was just in florida for 3D blue chip. One of the first drills was behind the back passing and behind the back shooting. So before you get all hot under the collar take an anger management class. Then realize it is a legitimate part of the game. The kids doing it are well coached and skilled and will be well ahead of their peers. It is definitely not showboating. You would be wise to learn from and trench your kid this skill. But that will never happen as you are too preoccupied by being angry and going old school.

I guess when I am watching the MLL, or college or varsity and a D player blows up an O player for hot dogging it must be my imagination

Ok look when I played ball if someone hot dogged I was the person usually blowing them up. It was to send a message not in my house. They usually wouldn't do it again. Here's the thing there is a difference between hot dogging and being able to go behind your back and or between your legs if it calls for it when your angle to score is gone. The blowing up thing was never taught to me or asked of me I just liked to hit. So to ask a kid in 3rd or 4th grade to hit or hurt someone is nuts. Old school or not it's not the thing to be teaching or even discussing with young kids. The awareness of hitting and the ability to hit hard and correctly just starts to happen in 7th grade and up when kids are able to control their bodies. At younger ages it's just dangerous.