BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,842
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 128 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are idiots. College coaches couldn't care less if a kid has reclassed once or even twice. They simply want the best kids they can kid in any class. Same for a basketball or football coach.

You can keep whining and pulling your hair out, but that's the landscape. All this Internet angst isn't going to do anything but serve as a way for you to waste your time crying about something that is not going to change.

If a college coach is looking at two kids and likes one better than the other, he is going to take him even if the kid is older. Period.

Not talking about college if you had read the text before you started calling names -the conversation was after their (and your) Glory Days when they hit the real world and can't cope because there are candidates better then them and daddy can't fix it . Work hard at your age and don't resort to reclassing so you appear bigger stronger faster by beating up on kids who have not reached their growth spurt yet. Tide is turning on Crabs Nation. Nobody cares if you win or not and D1 is not the end all- there are more people who want to teach their kids to work hard and just shake their head when a Crabs team takes the field which is too bad for the kids on the field who are on age but their parents knew the deal.

Right. Because I know I put on my resume who I played club lacrosse for in Middle School. I must have been crazy to think my resume saying I was a Division 1 lacrosse player that graduated from Johns Hopkins would be sufficient. I am glad that I didn't include that I played for Crabs. I may have never found a job with my Hopkins diploma.

Idiots.

You're what's know as a "lax bro" - Hopkins lax guy doesn't get the same credibility that you get with a Hopkins degree. Everyone knows you're likely just there to play lax brah. See a resume with JHU degree, check, played lax too, right in the trash can.

Right. Because most "lax bros" have a degree in Applied Mathematics from JHU. Glad you don't work at my company.

AWSOME! What middle school do you teach at?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are idiots. College coaches couldn't care less if a kid has reclassed once or even twice. They simply want the best kids they can kid in any class. Same for a basketball or football coach.

You can keep whining and pulling your hair out, but that's the landscape. All this Internet angst isn't going to do anything but serve as a way for you to waste your time crying about something that is not going to change.

If a college coach is looking at two kids and likes one better than the other, he is going to take him even if the kid is older. Period.

Not talking about college if you had read the text before you started calling names -the conversation was after their (and your) Glory Days when they hit the real world and can't cope because there are candidates better then them and daddy can't fix it . Work hard at your age and don't resort to reclassing so you appear bigger stronger faster by beating up on kids who have not reached their growth spurt yet. Tide is turning on Crabs Nation. Nobody cares if you win or not and D1 is not the end all- there are more people who want to teach their kids to work hard and just shake their head when a Crabs team takes the field which is too bad for the kids on the field who are on age but their parents knew the deal.

Right. Because I know I put on my resume who I played club lacrosse for in Middle School. I must have been crazy to think my resume saying I was a Division 1 lacrosse player that graduated from Johns Hopkins would be sufficient. I am glad that I didn't include that I played for Crabs. I may have never found a job with my Hopkins diploma.

Idiots.

You're what's know as a "lax bro" - Hopkins lax guy doesn't get the same credibility that you get with a Hopkins degree. Everyone knows you're likely just there to play lax brah. See a resume with JHU degree, check, played lax too, right in the trash can.

Right. Because most "lax bros" have a degree in Applied Mathematics from JHU. Glad you don't work at my company.

AWSOME! What middle school do you teach at?

Based on your spelling, you are either still in Middle School, or never finished.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't care how old Crabs or Madlax players are, or if college coaches put credit or discount on 16 year olds playing with 14 year olds. Here is a different point: in football, they look at your physical stature and raw inputs like a running dash time. Basketball that matters a lot. Soccer, I've seen kids examined upside down and back over how well they can run and place the ball and a lot of academy soccer players don't even make it to college.

My point would be this: if I see a 6'1 or 6'2 kid who can really run, has a lot of balance and explosiveness...I know Mr. Weight room will work to round his stature out. Same thing with goalie where the college and MLL trends recently now that the game has grown are bigger and bigger kids who can also move. Basically, the way I see it is the only position in lacrosse where physical stature is less important is attack. Tons of small but very fast kids playing college lacrosse at attack. But everywhere else, I'd think that a college coach would be indifferent about ages on grade school teams if he sees that stature on the field. Bet early, middle or late all day long on the big kids who can really run, are balanced and explosive. What I don't get is seeing college coaches committing stick figure 2019 goalies whose helmets are several inches below the crossbar, and diminutive middies. For the life of me, I just don't get why they will bet unhedged on a kid being undersized after puberty and growth fills out, and for all those 5'7 130lb early recruits that risk is really high. What do others think?

If you think anyone (let alone many) of the early commits are 5'7" 130lb, you are tremendously stupid. They are placing bets on guys that will project to the next level. They are giving offers to kids who have great skill and can be effective at the next level athletically. They are not handing out offers to kids who weigh 130lb unless it is an exceptional goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding with that post? Many of the 2017 early goalies were undersized and still are. A 5'6-5'7 skinny kid in the goal is rubber bait in college. A good number of the early verbals in the DC area in that same class were undersized middies who are, em, still undersized. That happens a lot with 16 y.o. 9th graders. Is PP Stevie Wonder dictating text? Google voice text is really strong if so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends if kid is in puberty. Coaches have to look at true 2019s who might not be at their full potential growth. They can figure out if the kid has more growing to do. My son is only 5'2 at 14 but has not one ounce of hair under his arms. Most boys his age are fully matured already. So I know he has a lot of growing to do and will surpass many kids his age in another 2 to 3 years but unfortunately it will be to late for division 1 lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends if kid is in puberty. Coaches have to look at true 2019s who might not be at their full potential growth. They can figure out if the kid has more growing to do. My son is only 5'2 at 14 but has not one ounce of hair under his arms. Most boys his age are fully matured already. So I know he has a lot of growing to do and will surpass many kids his age in another 2 to 3 years but unfortunately it will be to late for division 1 lax.

I feel the same way as you my son is the same size and situation. Our only hope is to get that last spot of the 12 at the D1 schools. Which hopefully will open up when an early commit changes his mind at the last second. Good thing is no one is getting a ton of money anyway so first or 12th its still 5% off total cost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel the same way as you my son is the same size and situation. Our only hope is to get that last spot of the 12 at the D1 schools. Which hopefully will open up when an early commit changes his mind at the last second. Good thing is no one is getting a ton of money anyway so first or 12th its still 5% off total cost.

Ain't that the truth! Don't forget, the Ivy's go later, so grades are important, especially as more than a few kids won't be admitted to the schools they committed to because they can't make the grade. There will def be spots, Don't forget the great D3 schools as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just stinks because my kid is a real solid player but will not get a shot because of his size right now. And with all hold backs it hurts him even more. Being 5'2" at this age is such a disadvantage. But doctors say he should be about 5'10" but might not get there until 19 they say. But coaches look for the now not what a kid might be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just stinks because my kid is a real solid player but will not get a shot because of his size right now. And with all hold backs it hurts him even more. Being 5'2" at this age is such a disadvantage. But doctors say he should be about 5'10" but might not get there until 19 they say. But coaches look for the now not what a kid might be.

Focus on good grades, he will get more money for grades than lacrosse. If he is as good as you think he is , he can walk on. Buddy of mine played at Delaware, got his books and housing paid for his freshman year. He got cut his sophomore year, lost his position to unrecruitrd walk on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some sound wisdom from the prior poster. Once the roster is settled, it isn't like walk-ons don't have the same shot as a scholarship kid. I had one club lacrosse recruiting guru tell me that a lot of savvy kids and parents are wiser now and are asking for, and getting, four year deals...so that investment means that they will always have a bias toward the ER commits even if the ER commits get worked by a walk-on. I literally had to laugh while he was trying to finish his point, which is pointless. There isn't such a thing as a non-revenue sport D1 coach who isn't only concerned about keeping his job in a profession where there is no same or better living to be made coaching in a professional league. With few exceptions where lacrosse is most eggs in one basket like Hopkins, Colgate and a few others, the Athletic Directors don't pass much of a look at a lacrosse program except to evaluate wins and losses. Anyone buying the D1 coach nobility or loyalty speeches is a fool. Get worked, next guy in.

With 12.6 spread over a herd, I also struggle as a parent to communicate that any great student is going to get more merit money than lacrosse money. Lacrosse is a vehicle for admissions preferences at some great places, but it is also a leveraged bet. Better to be a most qualified applicant to great places and have great choices. Lacrosse doesn't afford kids any real profession either, so there's also that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Depends if kid is in puberty. Coaches have to look at true 2019s who might not be at their full potential growth. They can figure out if the kid has more growing to do. My son is only 5'2 at 14 but has not one ounce of hair under his arms. Most boys his age are fully matured already. So I know he has a lot of growing to do and will surpass many kids his age in another 2 to 3 years but unfortunately it will be to late for division 1 lax.

How many true 9th graders, 2001 birthdays, can succeed against 11th graders? I can't understand why college coaches can't see through the playing down types, and why they don't ask to see them against same age competition? It must have to do with the great success the early recruiters UVA, UNC, Hopkins have had, measured by final 4 and national championships.

Wait a sec...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Depends if kid is in puberty. Coaches have to look at true 2019s who might not be at their full potential growth. They can figure out if the kid has more growing to do. My son is only 5'2 at 14 but has not one ounce of hair under his arms. Most boys his age are fully matured already. So I know he has a lot of growing to do and will surpass many kids his age in another 2 to 3 years but unfortunately it will be to late for division 1 lax.

How many true 9th graders, 2001 birthdays, can succeed against 11th graders? I can't understand why college coaches can't see through the playing down types, and why they don't ask to see them against same age competition? It must have to do with the great success the early recruiters UVA, UNC, Hopkins have had, measured by final 4 and national championships.

Wait a sec...

Because you are not looking at it objectively, only as a homer dad whose son is not a superstar.

College coaches want the best talent possible per grade. It doesn't matter if the kid is old or young relative to the rest of the people in that recruiting class.

That's it. Period. Accept it and move on or remain bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a friend who dropped his medical practice, started investing his own money and then ran a little hedge fund that could never raise much money because he predicted doom and gloom in the mortgage debt space and lost money for two years being early. He still made out like a bandit loading up a short on the mortgage debt crisis. Everyone called him a loser and a fool, but he kept pointing to all of the reasons why there was a forward disaster coming and then people called him a loser and a fool even louder. He cut staff, borrowed money from his friends including myself to pay his divorce lawyer when his wife left him and was basically almost convinced he just couldn't win when he did win. This lacrosse debate reminds me a lot of his situation. Most people can only see a disaster in the rear view mirror and then feel foolish for ignoring all the signs. Recruiting little kids for a college sport should be obviously stupid to everyone, but some more years will be needed for it to express out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Focus on good grades, he will get more money for grades than lacrosse. If he is as good as you think he is , he can walk on. Buddy of mine played at Delaware, got his books and housing paid for his freshman year. He got cut his sophomore year, lost his position to unrecruitrd walk on.

Is that true? Do top programs still consider walkonx? Or does Title IX restrict how many walk-ons a team can add? For a lot of schools, if you live in-state, just biding your time and walking on - if that's practice - would essentially be a 50-70% scholarship. Not to mention being able to put all that money you might spend chasing a partial could go into a 529 plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because a child commits to a school doesn't mean he is automatically on the squad. He still has to have the grades to get into school and he still needs to tryout for the team. Yes he can be cut, even though he committed in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that true? Do top programs still consider walkonx? Or does Title IX restrict how many walk-ons a team can add? For a lot of schools, if you live in-state, just biding your time and walking on - if that's practice - would essentially be a 50-70% scholarship. Not to mention being able to put all that money you might spend chasing a partial could go into a 529 plan.

Sure. Look up dan burns. U of Md walkon mll bayhawks team USA . Many other examples

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because a child commits to a school doesn't mean he is automatically on the squad. He still has to have the grades to get into school and he still needs to tryout for the team. Yes he can be cut, even though he committed in 9th grade.

Kids getting recruited and then cut after fall ball is something that happened to a kid our family knows well. He quietly transferred to another school at XMas and was much happier. We also knew the family of a kid who was told he was being dropped as a recruit when the new coach was hired at Penn State a few years ago. The coach asked the club coach for the kid to call his cell at a specific time, the kid called and the coach dumped him on the phone in a less than two minute phone call while he was sitting in the kitchen wearing a Penn State sweatshirt. I have some pretty serious trust issues with coaches who promise what they will do, say what they will do. If you pick a great school where you'd be happy without lacrosse it can never end badly...I just can't sell that to a teenager who wants to be cool and committed. Hard one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a sec...

Because you are not looking at it objectively, only as a homer dad whose son is not a superstar.

College coaches want the best talent possible per grade. It doesn't matter if the kid is old or young relative to the rest of the people in that recruiting class.

I can see why I get this response on a Crabs board, but is your 11th grader really better? That's the question. There's no denying that he's bigger because he's older, maybe even looks more athletic against the less developed players he's facing at 2019. But he's done growing. My kid is just starting to grow. Can't the coaches see this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a sec...

I can see why I get this response on a Crabs board, but is your 11th grader really better? That's the question. There's no denying that he's bigger because he's older, maybe even looks more athletic against the less developed players he's facing at 2019. But he's done growing. My kid is just starting to grow. Can't the coaches see this?

All other things being equal, a college team of 19-22 year olds is going to be better than a team of 18-21 year olds. Coaches are interested in winning. If they get a better team because their players did a PG year, were held back in kindergarten, or repeated 8th grade it doesn't really matter to them. If your kid is a true stud it won't matter but on the margin an older version of the same player will beat out the younger version of themselves for a spot on a college team just like he is more likely to play as an upperclassman than as an underclassman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing has nothing to do with college coaches.....Its only done to win in youth lacrosse...lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is all about potential college recruiting! Of course the club team wants to win, which draws more elite players and ultimately more publicity and more college commitments which is the best form of advertising for the elite club teams. The number and quality of college commitments has always been the Crabs best selling point. Easy to drink the koolaid! But, all of the elite club teams have holdbacks. It has become more pervasive at the youth level in the last two years with the grade based teams. Prior to that it only impacted the youth teams at the U15 level and above HS levels. I don't agree with it. I am a parent of a non-holdback public school kid. If your kid is a good player he will ultimately prevail, but clearly at a disadvantage. I have never bought into the arguement of the older, bigger kid injuring a younger, smaller kid. Very unfair to the good on age kids that get relagated to a reserve role due to the kid in front of him being a year older and more advanced. I have seen kids that were pretty good on age players reclassify and now they are studs and are committing. Thus, it clearly works if it is that important and affordable to you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is all about potential college recruiting! Of course the club team wants to win, which draws more elite players and ultimately more publicity and more college commitments which is the best form of advertising for the elite club teams. The number and quality of college commitments has always been the Crabs best selling point. Easy to drink the koolaid! But, all of the elite club teams have holdbacks. It has become more pervasive at the youth level in the last two years with the grade based teams. Prior to that it only impacted the youth teams at the U15 level and above HS levels. I don't agree with it. I am a parent of a non-holdback public school kid. If your kid is a good player he will ultimately prevail, but clearly at a disadvantage. I have never bought into the arguement of the older, bigger kid injuring a younger, smaller kid. Very unfair to the good on age kids that get relagated to a reserve role due to the kid in front of him being a year older and more advanced. I have seen kids that were pretty good on age players reclassify and now they are studs and are committing. Thus, it clearly works if it is that important and affordable to you!

So these players reclass because 1) they look better against younger, less developed kids, and 2) they cant compete with kids their own age? Or is it because they lost their spot to an older, more developed player? Both?

I ask again, are these reclassed, committing studs really "better" or just older? Better is relative to other younger players at a point in time, older is quantifiable. Older has less potential, not more. Can't Breschi, Staria and Petro see this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a sec...

It doesn't matter to me or to you how good my son or any kid is. The only person's opinion that matters is a college coach's. If he likes what he sees, he couldn't care less if the kid is the same age or older/younger than someone else he likes a little less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a sec...

It doesn't matter to me or to you how good my son or any kid is. The only person's opinion that matters is a college coach's. If he likes what he sees, he couldn't care less if the kid is the same age or older/younger than someone else he likes a little less.

That is the point we all know college recruiting is subjective. And that is why we would like all the kids to at least be the same age when we are paying $275 or more for a weekend of lacrosse to be seen. We know it takes 3 or less great plays to get on a colleges radar. So they might know after the point a kid is older but now the great plays are in their head and their opinion is half way locked in. I have a great friend who is a D1 Basketball coach/recruiter he has confirmed this to me with Basketball. They fall in love with a kid on the field then go back and research him. But their minds are locked in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: YOU want the kids at an event to be roughly the same age. The college coaches couldn't care less. So you are just tilting at windmills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stating the obvious: 1) Without a doubt they do look better because they are playing with and against younger players. 2) Yes, they can compete with kids their own age, but not at the high level their parents would like. If you are a 2nd string / on age player for the Crabs, FCA, Madlax you are still a pretty good player compared to your on age peers, just not a surefire, 9th grade / 10th grade early commit kind of stud. 3) Yes, getting screwed by the holdback kids in front of you at the club and private high school level fuels the continued cycle.

Again, mostly a private school issue! If you are a on age, public schoool player and play for one of the elite club teams you are probably a starter as a freshman for your local high school team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stating the obvious: 1) Without a doubt they do look better because they are playing with and against younger players. 2) Yes, they can compete with kids their own age, but not at the high level their parents would like. If you are a 2nd string / on age player for the Crabs, FCA, Madlax you are still a pretty good player compared to your on age peers, just not a surefire, 9th grade / 10th grade early commit kind of stud. 3) Yes, getting screwed by the holdback kids in front of you at the club and private high school level fuels the continued cycle.

Again, mostly a private school issue! If you are a on age, public schoool player and play for one of the elite club teams you are probably a starter as a freshman for your local high school team.

I agree with this fully. So for all the on age public school parents we have to fight the hold back problem more then the rest. We really only have the 6 to 8 weekends a year to be seen by the colleges. The Landon, PVI,or any top private schools are also seen and those numbers mean a lot to a college scout. You score 40 goals at a public 4A school you better be playing and starting for Madlax or VLC. If not it does not matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids getting recruited and then cut after fall ball is something that happened to a kid our family knows well. He quietly transferred to another school at XMas and was much happier. We also knew the family of a kid who was told he was being dropped as a recruit when the new coach was hired at Penn State a few years ago. The coach asked the club coach for the kid to call his cell at a specific time, the kid called and the coach dumped him on the phone in a less than two minute phone call while he was sitting in the kitchen wearing a Penn State sweatshirt. I have some pretty serious trust issues with coaches who promise what they will do, say what they will do. If you pick a great school where you'd be happy without lacrosse it can never end badly...I just can't sell that to a teenager who wants to be cool and committed. Hard one.

Some programs re-allocate scholarships, some don't. Some of the top 4 programs have non scholarship players starting while top flight recruits receiving 50-75% are practice players. When you arrive on the campus as a freshman, its a blank slate aka what have you done for me lately. If you committed as an underclassman in high school and rest on your laurels, look to sit on the bench for four years. Don't count on any coach's verbal commitment. Its not a done deal until you've signed your NLI and then its only (usually) a one year commitment. Frankly you're much better off getting academic money vs a partial athletic scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know its all bets off when you get into the school. But Us parents which is who is writing and reading on here we all care about getting them into the school. You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink. I plan to help my son in all the areas that help him get into and do well when you get there. But he will be a adult (18) years old when he starts college not (20) like some of the other kids we talk about on here. So he will have to decide step it up or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: YOU want the kids at an event to be roughly the same age. The college coaches couldn't care less. So you are just tilting at windmills.

Tilting at windmills? Have you heard of a growth chart? Drs at Hopkins have, maybe not lax coach. It shows that your 1999 b'day, 5'10", 170 lbs kid is done growing. My on age 2019, born in 2001, 5'8", 140 lbs kid will be 6'. While your son looks bigger while playing down, my son will have D1 size.

AGE matters, particularly relative to growth. Stop cheating and teach your kid a real life lesson about competing with dignity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it says a lot that instead of talking about the Crabs program or youth lacrosse on this board - the discussion is all about holdbacks. I hope the folks from the crabs realize that except for the parents that perpetuate RMs cheating by allowing their kids to be held back respects the organization or its way of doing business. Having said that - I doubt they care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tilting at windmills? Have you heard of a growth chart? Drs at Hopkins have, maybe not lax coach. It shows that your 1999 b'day, 5'10", 170 lbs kid is done growing. My on age 2019, born in 2001, 5'8", 140 lbs kid will be 6'. While your son looks bigger while playing down, my son will have D1 size.

AGE matters, particularly relative to growth. Stop cheating and teach your kid a real life lesson about competing with dignity

I have given up on stopping the cheating I have moved on to someway of Marking the reclass kids. If they had to wear a band or marking of some kind to show they are 18 months older I could deal with this issue just fine. That way when my on age son knocks the older kid down he gets double credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have given up on stopping the cheating I have moved on to someway of Marking the reclass kids. If they had to wear a band or marking of some kind to show they are 18 months older I could deal with this issue just fine. That way when my on age son knocks the older kid down he gets double credit.

And his parents should be forced to wear a pink polo shirt with the collar up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then later, when your on-age son is attending Hofstra or St Johns he can watch my Crabs son on TV playing for Duke or UNC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, who is this Marking for? So you can feel better? The college coaches know how old every kid on the field is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day they are all getting an education. St Johns Hofstra ..who cares they get to compete. After U whats left in lacrosse NLL (Mostly Canadians) MLL. Starting your own youth Lax program saturated already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, who is this Marking for? So you can feel better? The college coaches know how old every kid on the field is.

I agree this Marking would make me feel a lot better. And this Marking would let the College guys know in real time who is older. I agree they find out the age but not tell after they fall in love with the kid. I am betting if they knew in real time while they are watching the older kids they would be way more impressed with the on age kid who just blew by the 3 older reclass kids. But when the older reclass kid scores on three on age kids he will also think twice. And once again this is all for the college guys and what helps them scout. I am just saying these Marking are a huge help for them. Its only fair form them to have all the info in real time. We are giving them the grad year in real time correct. So they should have the ages in real time also. And if there is no shame in reclassing no one should be upset if they have a reclass mark for all to see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you understand...College coaches know the ages (and really don't care)...Who really give 2 $%!ts what makes you feel better...Move on and let the athletes play on the field. You can go home and make little Johnny feel better about himself at home after the contest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then later, when your on-age son is attending Hofstra or St Johns he can watch my Crabs son on TV playing for Duke or UNC.

Yeah, that was point of my original post. What are Breschi, Starsia and Petro thinking? Obviously they are not...

It's okay, due to age and lack of performance, at least 2 of these 3 coaches will be out of a job by my son's senior year. By then he'll be same age as your kid is now, 17. He'll be fully grown too.

While feeling good about his spot at Hofstra, maybe he can grab your 20 yo's kid's scholly at UNC, who knows?

Glad you mentioned Duke. Where did Danowski come from??? When does Duke recruit? How have they done since Danowski took over? He must know what a growth chart looks like...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you understand...College coaches know the ages (and really don't care)...Who really give 2 $%!ts what makes you feel better...Move on and let the athletes play on the field. You can go home and make little Johnny feel better about himself at home after the contest

Says the Crabs sycophant with the 16 year old 8th grader...

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 128 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard