Some sound wisdom from the prior poster. Once the roster is settled, it isn't like walk-ons don't have the same shot as a scholarship kid. I had one club lacrosse recruiting guru tell me that a lot of savvy kids and parents are wiser now and are asking for, and getting, four year deals...so that investment means that they will always have a bias toward the ER commits even if the ER commits get worked by a walk-on. I literally had to laugh while he was trying to finish his point, which is pointless. There isn't such a thing as a non-revenue sport D1 coach who isn't only concerned about keeping his job in a profession where there is no same or better living to be made coaching in a professional league. With few exceptions where lacrosse is most eggs in one basket like Hopkins, Colgate and a few others, the Athletic Directors don't pass much of a look at a lacrosse program except to evaluate wins and losses. Anyone buying the D1 coach nobility or loyalty speeches is a fool. Get worked, next guy in.

With 12.6 spread over a herd, I also struggle as a parent to communicate that any great student is going to get more merit money than lacrosse money. Lacrosse is a vehicle for admissions preferences at some great places, but it is also a leveraged bet. Better to be a most qualified applicant to great places and have great choices. Lacrosse doesn't afford kids any real profession either, so there's also that.