Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well my son is a wcomitted fogo and we spoke with his coach about the proposed changes. Coach felt they were unlikely to be passed or stick if they are. Says the commitment stand 100% either way. My son is not happy but feels he can adapt if necessary. Some of you that come on here saying things that are completely false because of what reason I don't know, should find a hobby.

It seems that most people in the sport are in favor of the changes except for the fogos understandably. Nothing is 100% until the national letter of intent is signed in your senior year. If you son has done that than yes he has nothing to worry about. That is the only thing the NCAA recognizes.

Define most. Most comments I read by coaches were either neutral or not in favor of the changes. The polls such as in inside lacrosse shows the majority of people polled not in favor!

These coaches that are in favor of this change are all in favor if it benefits their team, for example the Coach of St Leo a D-3 Brad Jorgensen stated the following in inside lacrosse.

Saint Leo had the highest FO% in the country last year....and I love the new rule. FOGO's will adapt once they are done complaining.

Sounds honorable but when you look into his face off guy he is not a pinch and pop player (what a surprise),so this doesn't affect his team at all! if anything it helps

All of these coaches are not concerned with "the game" they are only worried about what is best for their team, just look at Desko at Syracuse once his faceoff guy started to struggle he started his crusade against faceoffs