Just so you know, he has been against the FOGO position for a long time, so to hear from him is not surprising. They tried this a couple years back and it got no traction...

To all the FOGOs, don't worry about this thread, there is no real information here, just people and opinions.

There are as many of you FOGOs as goalies, it is a real position and takes real talent even if some people don't agree. Stand together and make your opinions known.

For someone that doesn't understand how a lacrosse head works, they might see having the ball in the back of the head as an advantage. Having strung hundreds of heads over the years, I can tell you having it in the back is a distinct disadvantage, the ball can be dislodged much more easily, you cannot pass or shoot accurately which is why the guys typically pop it from back to front as soon as they have the space to do it.

If I were on the opposing team I would be happy to see someone trying to pass or shoot from the back of the head...

Come on people, wake up, what is your issue with FOGO? Did a better one steal something from you???

Growth of the game requires excitement and TV. This is the one battle on the filed consistently that allows for great TV coverage. If you want to grow the game, leave the Face offs alone and add an objective shot clock...the game will grow as audiences watch more.