You are simply not correct. the face off is an integral part of the game requiring strong players and strategy. It is exciting and keeps the game fresh for all. The only people that complain about it are the ones that can't seem to win a face off and have a poor defense...

Whether you like it or not, lax is now a specialized contest. You have middies that only play one way, long poles that only play one position, a group specifically assigned for man up and man down, and FOGO that plays d middie in the event he losses the draw.

You want to take the game backwards and claim it is not fair for one player to impact a game? Really, everyone wants to be the player that impacts the game. So if a goalie is too good and you never score what would be done with the rules? If an attackman is just too good and can't be covered, what should the rules do about that too make competition more fair? should the Thompsons not be aloud to shoot from behind their backs because it gives them an unfair advantage?

FOGO position is here to stay based upon the last few years of college contests. You put your best on the field and I will put my best, let's see who wins, not complain because my fogo is better than yours. Perhaps the long pole wing man can do a better job...

If the FOGO is so bad at actual lax, the long pole should be able to take the rock every time...