doing away with the motorcycle grip is a good thing in my opinion. i agree that the face-off middie can grab his opponents stick but it also gives the player the opportunity to grab the ball with their hand and throw it behind them. i do disagree with spreading the sticks apart 12 inches. they shud just do away with the motorcycle grip and keep the players 4 inches apart. i also like the rule that if one team has more than 2 face off violations ( moving before the whistle) they will serve a 30 second penalty. the face off middies try to time the refs cadence and they hold up the game by going early . keep in mind the rule changes are made to try and speed the game up. i like the thought of the shot clock when a stall warning is given but it shudnt be up to the officials to monitor it. you can have someone in the box keep the time on the shot clock and just use the horn when time expires. then the refs will know when to exchange possession. this is possible because the ncaa is trying to speed up the game by extending the box from 10 yards to 20 yards and having substitutions on the fly ,basically eliminating the regular substitution where a horn will no longer be needed.