From my sons coach........

I know many of you are extremely concerned at the recent ridiculous decisions made by the NCAA rules committee to experiment with face off rule changes this fall. I am confident that these experiments will not go forward after the fall, however I think it is extremely important that all of you email (jhind@hamilton.edu – chairman of the NCAA lacrosse rules committee) and or call
Jon Hind- 315-859-4116 and let him know your thoughts on the situation. As I am sure u can imagine these rule changes will essentially eliminate all the hard work and dedication and money that you have invested in your sons dream to become an elite college face off athlete. I implore you to email Mr Hind and let him know how hard your son has worked, the hours he has spent working on his skill, the early morning winter sessions. Mr Hind is quoted-as saying these rules and changes are to be implemented for safety and fairness??? Over 85% of college face off guys are using the moto grip? How is that not fair? Regular grip face off athletes are more prone to grabbing the opponents sticks because their fingers are facing up, making it easier to grab the stick. When was anyone hurt in the face off for using motor cycle grip? Increasing the width of the sticks at the X will only increase the chance of high impact collisions as the athletes will no longer be able to control where the ball is going. All we are going to end up with is two long poles in the middle standing up and destroying each other.
Currently the face off position is about skill and speed, it is the one position in the game where a 5’8 kid can compete against a 6’2 kid. If these rules are implemented it will be all about size and strength and collisions.
Let this committee know how important these rule changes are to your son’s career. If these rules go thru everything you have worked for is now obsolete. Let’s make sure this doesn’t happen.